Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? I can't wait for more bald memes... Better than Tatum at least.

IT24LXW.png

Eh...there's no way he'll be playing Shazam :lol

He's probably going to play The Rock's stunt double or a different character, not Shazam.
I don't know, he calls him Cap Marvel, that's already a plus in my book.

I'm still waiting for Cena but that won't happen, anything is better than Tatum.

I didn't know what you meant by bald memes....until I did a google search of Molale in 2016 :lol
Look at the top of his head.
5004740-0540158899-super.jpg

I do think it'd be ****ing hilarious if DC put this out as Captain Marvel, just for the hell of it. Personally, I'd still be cool with The Rock playing dual roles. Like The Champion has one consistent form, no matter who wields the Power of Shazam.

The 10 minute 15/70 IMAX preview of Dunkirk before Rogue One was absolutely riveting. Much better than the standard two minute trailer.

True but i don't see sparks of something extraordinary in it- we'll see

Sorry I started a Nolan discusiion in this thread- but he's always a facinating subject!

I actually think it might be his best film :lol

If I had to rank them

1. Inception

2. The Dark Knight

3. The Prestige

4. TDKR

5. Batman Begins

6. Momento

7. Interstellar

8. Insomnia

9 Following

I think as far creativity and really putting his stamp on a movie, I would say Memento is his best, I didn't like the movie as much as other people but the directing is really where that movie shines.

I have to rewatch Inception but I just remember it being kind of dull, I thought all the characters were forgettable, and the story was interesting but took too much time telling us what Inception was that it kind of took some of the surprise out of what was going on.

I think by far TDK is his best, it has everything, great action, great acting, a great score, multiple iconic scenes etc...

Even bad Nolan movies are bad only in comparison to other Nolan movies, because compared to other pop blockbusters they can't be perceived as bad.

Sure they're still big popcorn movies but at least they smuggle substance unlike the vast majority of popcorn movies like Rogue One, he knows how to please the studio and still get away with getting across the message he wants to transmit, even if he lacks subtlety at times, but I can't blame him for using a megaphone, given how today's audience is barren soil for imagination and impermeable to communication.

I don't know, it's already starting to vanish.

You know what, you might be right, I've noticed that as well. It's probably because these MCU movies are flavor of the week and the nerds treat them like they treat their hot toys, best figure ever until the next version of Iron Man or Cap releases. Winter Soldier and maybe Guardians seem to be the only MCU movies that people still talk about. Iron Man (which I love), Thor, The Incredible Hulk, AOU, all seem to be forgotten already.

Yeah that's all nice but the guy can't direct an action scene to save his life.

Wonder why they won't let him direct a Bond movie.

I thought the action in Inception, and The Dark Knight trilogy was fantastic. The fact he also uses practically effects for most of his action scenes is impressive as well.

Like many directors Nolan's best work was toward the beginning of his career. Memento, Insomnia and Batman Begins are his top three films IMO.

I thought Insomnia was borderline an average film. To me it's easily the worst of all his movies. When I look at his resume, I actually don't love most of his movies, but I give him credit for not making a bad movie yet. I don't see him making a better movie than TDK though.

I thought the action in Inception, and The Dark Knight trilogy was fantastic. The fact he also uses practically effects for most of his action scenes is impressive as well..

Yeah, visually the TDKT will age a lot better than a lot of the heavy CGI films, mainly because of the practical effects and stunts.

Not with those old flip up cell phones everyone uses in the movie. :lol

I love BB/TDK, many iconic scenes in them.

They were made gallantly worthy of recognition in the archives of the sideshow freaks order.

But the "superhero" action on display in TWS/CW absolutely crushes any action scenes from those 2 spectacular movies.

To deny that is to admit you want Nolan's hot dog in your patty.

pturtle, you want mustard or ketchup? :lol

I love BB/TDK, many iconic scenes in them.

They were made gallantly worthy of recognition in the archives of the sideshow freaks order.

But the "superhero" action on display in TWS/CW absolutely crushes any action scenes from those 2 spectacular movies.

To deny that is to admit you want Nolan's hot dog in your patty.

pturtle, you want mustard or ketchup? :lol

Can I have both? :lol

But the Nolan flicks weren't about showing superhero action. It was a plausible take on some rich guy training and taking on head crime runners in his city. Obviously stretching bits of reality here and there.

Back