Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Interstellar and Inception were very interesting, thought-provoking films... :dunno
TDKR was pretty forgettable though, even though I did enjoy it.

agree on rises......horrible / lazy ending for a pretty solid trilogy imo. I felt the other two were more Nolan's ego than thought provoking and interesting.....that's me.i liked the idea of inception film....

Forgettable films.....all the discussion on the boards regarding RT scores and gross for WB and Disney films......their labeled forgettable....when did those criteria qualify films as beyond average?

As opposed to your opinion? Films are subjective and you not liking those Nolan movies or considering them forgettable is just your personal taste. However, the numbers and percentages I posted show to some extent how those films are perceived by other viewers and critics, not just a single person's opinion. So to claim that Nolan hasn't made a good film in a while isn't necessarily how most people see it.

Even if you hate The Dark Knight Rises, it's impossible for that movie to be forgettable. Like Clown Prince said, it's the highest grossing DC film ever, the end of one of the greatest trilogies ever, and it's a freaking Batman movie. Is thought Return of the Jedi was a subpar film, but no way can I say it's forgettable, it's the final movie in the Star Wars trilogy.

Not even Batman and Robin is forgettable, and we certainly know Batman v Superman can't be forgotten on this board :lol

I thought Interstellar was a solid film, I really enjoyed Rises, and I actually didn't like Inception but recognize it's a well made movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgettable films.....all the discussion on the boards regarding RT scores and gross for WB and Disney films......their labeled forgettable....when did those criteria qualify films as beyond average?

I think hype can also play into a movie being forgettable. Incredible Hulk, Thor TDW, AntMan etc... we're successful films. It they barely had any hype surrounding them. TDKR, Inception, and Interstellar had massive hype that to most people lived up to that hype.

I think The Avengers is garbage, but I'd be lying if I called it forgettable or a dud.

I didn't like TDKR but forgetable it is not.

Talia's death.
Tight mask Batman.
Bane friend emasculation.
Music chanting.
Krennic.
Bane's airplane voice.
Bane's lines.
Super smart cop.
LesMis Catwoman.
Gordon babbling.
Flying lobster.
Caine sobbing.
Italy cafe.

Last edited:
Even bad Nolan movies are bad only in comparison to other Nolan movies, because compared to other pop blockbusters they can't be perceived as bad.

Sure they're still big popcorn movies but at least they smuggle substance unlike the vast majority of popcorn movies like Rogue One, he knows how to please the studio and still get away with getting across the message he wants to transmit, even if he lacks subtlety at times, but I can't blame him for using a megaphone, given how today's audience is barren soil for imagination and impermeable to communication.

I think The Avengers is garbage, but I'd be lying if I called it forgettable or a dud.
I don't know, it's already starting to vanish.

Contradictory. It is a bad film because Burton was given carte blanche.
And it's nowhere near as bad as B&R or RISES.

Agreed. Rises was horrible. I remember a member here named void who use to praise it like it was greatest masterpiece ever conceived in cinema. What a crappy movie that was.

Even bad Nolan movies are bad only in comparison to other Nolan movies, because compared to other pop blockbusters they can't be perceived as bad.

Sure they're still big popcorn movies but at least they smuggle substance unlike the vast majority of popcorn movies like Rogue One, he knows how to please the studio and still get away with getting across the message he wants to transmit, even if he lacks subtlety at times, but I can't blame him for using a megaphone, given how today's audience is barren soil for imagination and impermeable to communication.

:exactly:

As opposed to your opinion? Films are subjective and you not liking those Nolan movies or considering them forgettable is just your personal taste. However, the numbers and percentages I posted show to some extent how those films are perceived by other viewers and critics, not just a single person's opinion. So to claim that Nolan hasn't made a good film in a while isn't necessarily how most people see it.

Meh....in my response to abake, I clearly stated it was just me. I don't respect anyone's opinion on movies anymore than someone respects mine.....it's a personal preference.

What I enjoy about this section......popcorn flicks can receive high RT scores and gross tons of money also speaking to how most people feel yet their labeled forgettable. The same criteria is used in another type of film and it means something different. It isn't that I care it reaffirms my stance the first paragraph. I haven't liked his last few films others have.....it's all good.

I won't be wasting cash on Dunkirk unless it gets some serious buzz....I've lost interest in Nolans vision as of late..

You remember him to right? He argued with everybody about the movie. The thread was on par with bvs

Are you kidding me, his debates with DiFabio and Nam have been preserved in the library of congress lol.

Ironically, Sam Mendez's Skyfall was influenced by The Dark Knight/ TDKR, according to the director. :lol

I can't remember the action in Skyfall for some reason? :confused:

Same here I can't either.

Don't get me wrong, I love BB/TDK, shame Ledger's death eliminated any chance of the final movie being of equal quality.

Back