Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLACKW1.gif

GO BUCKY GO! :horse
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :goodpost:

Didn't say it was. I was comparing Russo action to Nolan action.

Best of the Russos: Crushes the best of Nolan.
Worst of the Russos: Still crushes the worst of Nolan (and is about on par with the best.)

so your point is moot as i'm comparing TDK to CW. not nolan to russo's.

even though nolan is a better action director, mainly because he does it on set, not i front of a computer screen. :monkey3

The BvS warehouse scene was spectacular, TWS/CW worthy, I have always said that.

But like Evil said, Nolan bats wasn't really about that anyways.

But even the grounded fights were boring and hard to follow.

I thought in BB they were hard to follow, but they were done much better in TDK.

Oh shoot I forgot about Apocalypse Batman scene from BvS, I think that was my favorite scene in the entire movie.

LMAO.

WRONG.

Here's a gif to prove it.

BLACKW1.gif

GO BUCKY GO! :horse :lol

In 5 years time, you'll go back to that airport scene and be dissapointed by the crap CGI (hell it's already pretty bad, I mean look at Iron Man in that scene. He looks 100% CGI, especially when Tony has the helmet off.

I hate those stupid BW scissor twirls. Not only does it look incredibly fake, it's been done to death...not literally of course , it's the MCU after all. It's like they watched Rey Misterio wrestling in the 90's and thought it would look cool...:slap

TDK action > CW Action

if you don't think that way you're getting dubble teamed by the Russo's.

I wouldn't call neither better than the other, just different types of action.

Nolan's Batman and his fight scenes with thugs and Bane, are not as over the top as the MCU sequences, but the brawling style from the Nolan films fits that universe, and it's actually closer to how people fight in real life if you watch MMA fighting. It's also closer to how fight scenes looked in 80's and 90's action films before elaborate wire work and Matrix/ Jackie Chan style choreography.

The fighting in the MCU is more fantastical and it fits a world where even humans can do super human feats, similarly to the DCEU world, which has humans like Harley falling from a helicopter and somehow landing on the ground unharmed, same way Black Widow and Nick Fury jumped from helicopters or alien ships and landed on the ground unharmed.

In the end, they're just different, but the ones relying more on CGI will eventually look more dated. Nolan's won't.

My earliest memory of you on this forum was when I was ******ing about Hot Toys rereleasing the Tumbler and begrudging anyone else from being able to get it, I was basically being a bit of an A hole. Your response, whatever it was, pretty much pacified me on the issue - I was so taken aback at how well you took it versus how you really could or even should have taken it - and if memory serves you were one of the guys trying to get one, you didn't have the original release? You could have word-punched me in the face but instead you were, well, the jovial and non-antagonistic member you still are today. :duff

I actually vividly member that. :lol

:duff

If I do become antagonistic it usually just involves throwing up pictures of that cute little turtle to mess with pturtle, and then I still follow it up with :lol :lol

Last edited:
But the "superhero" action on display in TWS/CW absolutely crushes any action scenes from those 3 movies.

**** the marvel movies.

The action, fight sequences and choreography in Batman Forever and Batman v Superman is better than Begins, Dark Knight and Rises. Sure, BF and BvS are inferior movies, but they had more competent filmmakers when it came to action.

Nolan, like Burton before him, can't shoot action to save their lives which is why they probably had second units shooting the good stuff without their input. The quick, zoomed in shots in Begins were horrendous and the slowed down, pulled back, elbows up fight scenes with Batman in TDK and TDKR make him look like a drunkard that doesn't know what he's doing. Best scene is when Batman is in the club looking for Maroni and fighting his thugs to the techno club music and strobe lights. That's about it.

Last edited:
Most definately, but pturtle was saying the action in them were the best things since sex with 2 18 year old cheerleaders.

I think the action is fine and looks good. The lower streets chase scene in TDK is awesome.

GO BUCKY GO! :horse :lol

I love the Bucky character when he is in full Winter Soldier mode.

I also feel Tony should have killed him at the end of CW.

That cape tho!

Only way Nolan could make the cape look good is with flocked velvet and the only way Snyder could get it to look good is CGI. :lol

I want modern Batman Forever figures. If ****ing garbage like Suicide Skwad can get them, why not Batman Forever.

BF is such a silly fun movie. It's nice having movies that reflects all of Batman incarnations.

Yup.

Keaton/Burton = 30s/40s era
Kilmer/Schumacher = 50s era
Clooney/Schumacher = 60s era
Bale/Nolan = 70s era
Affleck/Snyder = 80s/modern era

Just need a Batman Beyond film and they're all covered.

Last edited:
Back