Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler gif wont show, censored word.

I know, I fixed it.

Hfzf14T.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6063/2023505-giantpowers.jpg
He's memeing because it turns out WW isn't bulletproof in new52/Rebirth like I've been saying :lol

Latest issue shows it.

Although he's not 100% bulletproof there in that scan, in the next panel a bullet hits him in the eyebrow and makes him bleed a little drop, which pisses him off.

He's memeing because it turns out WW isn't bulletproof in new52/Rebirth like I've been saying :lol

Latest issue shows it.

Although he's not 100% bulletproof there in that scan, in the next panel a bullet hits him in the eyebrow and makes him bleed a little drop, which pisses him off.

You're still reading Rucka's WW? I dropped that faster than Usain. The story was slow, the characters boring, and for some reason, Diana's skin got darker with every issue. Wake me up when we get more "God of War" and less Sappho. I picked up the new X-O Manowar vol though. It's just... awesome. It's Sci-Fi Conan, but like... better. A huge improvent over the first rebooted series.

As for Aquaman, yeah, I remember that. I never finished the Geoffs run. I've been meaning to jump in, but with the main title beign at issue 25, already, I'm not feeling it. I'm looking forward to the Stepjan arc though. The guy needs to be a mainstay in some book.

Isn't he wearing armor in that scan?

58448905.jpg

I'm looking forward to this and I hope it does well. This is a DC fan's dream. I showed this to a friend of mine at work and he wanted to know the back story on Cyborg and Aquaman. He knew flash from the tv show but I wondered why they changed flash's. That's the only problem with this film. The average person is unfamiliar with some of the group.

You're still reading Rucka's WW? I dropped that faster than Usain. I picked up the new X-O Manowar vol though. It's just... awesome. It's Sci-Fi Conan, but like... better. A huge improvent over the first rebooted series.
Yeah, it's still good, it's not great right now like it started.

X-O Manowar huh? Sci-Fi Conan? That gets me interested. Do I have to know anything to jump in?

Better that Conan? I doubt it.

As for Aquaman, yeah, I remember that. I never finished the Geoffs run. I've been meaning to jump in, but with the main title beign at issue 25, already, I'm not feeling it. I'm looking forward to the Stepjan arc though. The guy needs to be a mainstay in some book.
You're not missing out, it's comfy and the current arc looks like it'll be fun.

First arc was ok but had a lot of dumb moments.

Still hoping for a REALLY GOOD DC movie this decade (TDK exception) because the last were mediocre at best. But again, the trailer just kinda bores the crap out of me again...like SS and BvS it is all over the place.....

And again with non stop CGI playground.....come on DC .....use some REAL sets.....less ninja flying around .......stop breaking the laws of physics.....

All these films give me the same vibe as the Star Wars prequels.......so much of what could have been....

Yeah, it's still good, it's not great right now like it started.

Dunno, I don't remember exactly what it was, but it really soured me on it. I was reading the Azz run during that time, so the giant shift between the two left a bad taste in my mouth. I followed it for a while, but it dragged on and on, not to mention that it had less to do with mythology and more with Steve Trevor and nuthouses, plus an unneeded retcon. I want more "wonder", I guess...

X-O Manowar huh? Sci-Fi Conan? That gets me interested. Do I have to know anything to jump in?

The gist of it is that he was a Visigoth during the reign of the Roman Empire. Aliens abducted him, and he spent a few years on their spaceship, growing crops and whatnot. The aliens had a sacred armor, but none of them could wear it, as it'd crush them. Aric leads a revolution, the armor bonds to him, and he escapes.

The catch is that since the spaceship was far away from Earth, due to relativity, he arrives in our modern day. Inititally he tries to conquer Rome, mayhem ensues, the world's supers attack him/ calm him down, yada, yada, yada. Towards the end of the run he helps the race that abducted him, but some Cosmic beings comit genocide, and kill everyone except him. He becomes depressed, goes to an alien planet and becomes a farmer. That's where the current book starts.

He's basically a Civillized Barbarian with a Cosmic Iron Man armor. The previous run was a bit boring 'cause it had to establish him, but the new one is going into more interesting places. Here's some art:

Spoiler Spoiler:

His main look is this:

file_188255_0_xomanowar1658-642x362.jpg

Better that Conan? I doubt it.

That might have been a poor analogy, as Aric is generally a fair person. He's sometimes rash, but he's more of a leader and a king than an adventurer. There is another Valiant character named the Eternal Warrior. He's an immortal tasked with protecting each era's Geomancer. His brothers include another immortal, Armstrong, who at some point became Hercules, and Ivar, a Doctor Who-like character. He fits the Conan style more, since all of his stories are supernatural-esque and he's a more violent character.

Honestly, all major Valiant characters are worth checking out. Ninjak, Bloodshot, X-O Manowar, The Eternal Warrior, and maybe Shadowman. There are more, but these are the mains.

You're not missing out, it's comfy and the current arc looks like it'll be fun.

First arc was ok but had a lot of dumb moments.

I might check it out on RCO.

And again with non stop CGI playground.....come on DC .....use some REAL sets.....less ninja flying around .......stop breaking the laws of physics.....

Gotham in particular looks so ****ing lame. Almost every city location looks either like MoS's boring metropolis or, in the case of Gotham, the leveled Detroit where they fought Doomsday. Acres upon acres of disposable CGI warehouses as far as the eye can see.

Gotham in particular looks so ****ing lame. Almost every city location looks either like MoS's boring metropolis or, in the case of Gotham, the leveled Detroit where they fought Doomsday. Acres upon acres of disposable CGI warehouses as far as the eye can see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure the LOTR battle in the trailer just takes place in some parking lot after business hours somewhere.

Or in his mind.

Maybe Bruce is completely drunk and out of his mind.

He's by himself wearing pajamas, talking to a bunch of imaginary people, fighting some "alien threat" to save the world, but they're just some security guards. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

The one in the establishing shot with the floating ship over the distance? I have no idea.

I know a lot of that action with the Batmobile is in Gotham. I hate the cinematography and color pallet for this thing, especially when the locations change. It makes everything so jarring.

Back