Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda liked it when I started reading it but it was a little too Skins (like the TV show) for me :lol I feel like my comprehension of God and gods has gotten a little better so that series makes no sense to me anymore and it all reads like a bunch of misrepresentations.

For me it read like a Tumblr fangirl got hold of some Mythology 101 Books, and went to town. Obviously the writting is better 'cause Gillen is a good writer, but most of the potential is going down the drain in favor of bi-orgies and dunno what else. And yeah, the more you dwelve into that stuff, the more such series seem a tad... empty. Same goes for stuff like Supernatural. It seems that nobody has managed to blend the human element with the truly otherwordly/gargantuan essence of God/gods. It all feels... simplified, in a way. And that's almost as irritating as the "Flat Earth Atheists" Trope in most Shared Universes (DC, Marvel).

PS: Not really related, but since the Pope's been mentioned... The Young Pope is a brilliant show. I'd urge everyone to see it.

Wasn't really blown away by the trailer, but I like what I'm seeing.
It looks like Snyder is indeed applying some of the MCU formulas to the Justice League, I just hope they don't go overboard. I'm not a big fan of the "introductions" at the beginning, I think it would've been cool just to show them in action, but I suppose it's necessary for some audiences.
Batman/Bruce's quips worked for me, and the suit looks fine in action, although I still prefer the BvS one.
Aquaman looks really cool, and I suppose they are going for the rogue misfit persona, before he embraces his royal origins and takes his place as King of Atlantis. Sounds like an interesting character.
Cyborg seems to need some more CGI work still, he looked a bit rough in some shots...
Wonder Woman looks gorgeous, as always, and I think she really does well as the pissed off, arrogant demi-goddess.
I like the chemistry between WW and Batman. I wonder if they'll get together, since Superman is with Lois.
I really don't have an opinion on Flash and Gordon yet.
Who was that behind Cyborg's father? Was that a parademon, or whatever they are?

:exactly:

The thing is the MCU is what everybody wanted in Snyder's world so he gives us a taste of it and we recoil..whatever. High hopes it will get the critics somewhat on DC's side this time

I agree with crows, the trailer was entertaining.

But the recoil is because of the BvS box office forcing WB to change the tone, they certainly didn't do it because of the reviews.

If studios altered their movies because of reviews then Transformers wouldn't be doing the same thing over and over.

But because Transformers made billions they kept the same formula going regardless of the low RT scores they have.

No, WB is now giving us a lighter quippier happier tone when their core message at the start was "we make serious superhero movies, not forgettable fluff like Ant-Man"

I guess that plan died as soon as BvS failed to break a billion.

Now we have an Aquaman that talks like a pimp and a Batman that enjoys stand up lol.

But again I agree with crows, trailer was exciting.

At least they didn't show Darkseid arriving.

Wow, that trailer looked pretty bad, all style, no substance. Nothing but CGI, only Wonder Woman looks real. Now I'm only hoping for Wonder Woman's solo movie to deliver.

another gif

6T2pAIw.gif

Mera is hot, I want to be Aquaman

I can see myself enjoying this film but "listen to our one liners as we prepare to battle a CG horde" is *so* 2012.

I have to wonder how many people will line up to watch the same mindless spectacle yet again.

Probably the same people who watches the Transformers movies, and they are pretty much the same.

I hope this movie is good, I'm a big Batman fan, but I have no hope for Snyder. He is not the one that is going to save DC and WB.

I can see myself enjoying this film but "listen to our one liners as we prepare to battle a CG horde" is *so* 2012.

I have to wonder how many people will line up to watch the same mindless spectacle yet again.

You kiddin me? This thing is going to make BvS money.

Worse than I expected, and my expectations were low. But, no major surprises here. I think Snyder fans will not be disappointed, while the rest of us will be that much more ready to move on.

Aquaman looks pretty bad, though it also seems like wb is hoping he will be their next big thing the way he gets so much attention.

I'm not ready to condemn this movie because of the massive use of cgi.

When I was a kid reading comic books and then watching superhero movies before cgi was invented all I thought about was what would it be like to see the comic book battles come to life.

So now that i'm getting it i'm not so quick to be disgusted with it.

We're getting a videogame Batman vs many aliens from space, lots of cgi was going to be needed.

Last edited:
Worse than I expected, and my expectations were low. But, no major surprises here. I think Snyder fans will not be disappointed, while the rest of us will be that much more ready to move on.

Aquaman looks pretty bad, though it also seems like wb is hoping he will be their next big thing the way he gets so much attention.

Could you please just give the movie and Aquaman a chance, could you do it just for me and crows.

We promise we won't ask anymore of you.

Yea, but Snyder uses CGI unnecessarily too much, looks like the whole city scene in the background is just CGI. All the action sequences looks too much like a video game than a live action movie. Plus Snyder's trademark for slow mos and shots focusing on irrelevant objects trying to draw emotion, ugh. I am more excited for Wonder Woman's movie than this.

Back