Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've kinda got a point here:

oI5MDPA.png

He's testing them for weaknesses.

I would love Snyder forever if it turns out that this is Earth 3, and he's really Owlman. Eventually he runs across the real Justice League and gives us a really interesting movie for once.

I consider all these current DC films Elseworlds stories. Or like when the comics have a guest writer that doesn't normally write for the characters and you have to wait for their run to finish so the books can get back to their proper storylines. Eventually the people that know the characters will get control again, and I can get back to enjoying the monthly books. It'll take time, but I still have faith that someone will make something closer to the films I want.

I consider all these current DC films Elseworlds stories.

I consider all CBMs the same. So much scrolling to get past the butt-hurt from changes to the canon, race swaps, this continuity vs. that continuity....

Honestly, nobody treats these characters worse than the comic writers. There's **** in all these characters' histories makes the movie versions seem like Shakespeare wrote them (Millennials - substitute Max Landis or your favorite Youtuber for Shakespeare).

I think he was supposed to go now, due to him turning to booze. Maybe it's in his contract to appear in those promotions, and since he's in a withdrawl of some sort, he's feeling kinda ****ed up.

I'm sure his alcoholism (and subsequent stint in rehab) also contributed to his decision to give up directorial duties for "The Batman". He's probably over-stressed and overworked and pairing that with his personal issues, it's unfortunate he turned to alcohol. He's apparently been battling it for a while.

I'd probably drink a lot too when dealing with all the crazy DC/WB execs and their erratic decision-making :lol :lol :lol

In a strange way, it reminds me of the Washington Redskins and their now-former GM Scot McCloughan. Why put yourself in a situation that you know will drive you to drink again when you're a recovering alcoholic?

Last edited:
I'm sure his alcoholism (and subsequent stint in rehab) also contributed to his decision to give up directorial duties for "The Batman". He's probably over-stressed and overworked and pairing that with his personal issues, it's unfortunate he turned to alcohol. He's apparently been battling it for a while.

I'd probably drink a lot too when dealing with all the crazy DC/WB execs and their erratic decision-making :lol :lol :lol

In a strange way, it reminds me of the Washington Redskins and their now-former GM Scot McCloughan. Why put yourself in a situation that you know will drive you to drink again when you're a recovering alcoholic?

Any addiction is bad news, and yeah, it makes sense for him to back out due to it. I bet he secretly hopes JL tanks, so that WB doesn't move forward with "The Batman", and that he can go back to capturing his mojo. :lol

I like Affleck's Batman. I think he's one of the bright spots of the DCCU. I just wish all the other behind-the-scenes shenanigans could be worked out!

I'm primarily a Marvel fanboy but I do want the DCCU to succeed. It's a nice contrast to the MCU and they've made some unexpected solid moves (like Affleck as Batman and I even like Cavill as Supes...despite some of the writing) but need to get the train on the right track. Hopefully JL and Wonder Woman can do that, but we'll see...

I like Affleck's Batman. I think he's one of the bright spots of the DCCU. I just wish all the other behind-the-scenes shenanigans could be worked out!

I'm primarily a Marvel fanboy but I do want the DCCU to succeed. It's a nice contrast to the MCU and they've made some unexpected solid moves (like Affleck as Batman and I even like Cavill as Supes...despite some of the writing) but need to get the train on the right track. Hopefully JL and Wonder Woman can do that, but we'll see...

I like Batfleck as well, but the man is clearly in a bad place right now. And considering the way the DCEU is going, it's not gonna get better. They should shelve it and wait before rebooting, this time with a concrete plan.

I like batfleck, man you guys really give him a hard time. He's battling a addiction and still showed up to wonder con. The guy is a real hero to still care. We all are addicted to something

I think it takes a lot of strength to accept that you've got a problem and to actively seek treatment. It's the nature of fame that you're going to have people who tear apart your life or claim the moral high ground or any number of things. When it comes to people here, though, I don't think anyone actively feels disdain for the guy to the point where they'd make a concerted effort to **** on him for getting help. I just think we're surrounded by a bunch of ball breakers who don't take much seriously.

Yeah, it's all memes and banter, which he will never even hear or know about, I doubt anyone here actually dislikes or has any ill will towards him. Quite the opposite, personally.

Hell, I don't even have ill will towards the ********* celebrities. I call them names in here but that's about it.

My brothers neighbor is a pediatric neurosurgeon, obviously a genuis by any standards, wealthy, living a good life and doing good in the world.

He is comfortable, earning like 2-3 million a year....lots of money no doubt, well earned, took a ton of education to get there.

Then he sees what Mayweather the boxer made in 15 minutes, 210 million dollars, or any other sports or movie star.

A movie star....pew pew pew!

Yeah needless to say that guy has no sympathy for actors or sports stars complaining about their problems lol.

Yeah, it's nice that we still have that human reflex of still caring for another human being, at least in a superficial level.

But, yeah nah they don't care :lol and neither do we, really, so.

Back