Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman returns gets a worse rap than it deserves. . . and Superman 2 isn't flawless. It does have one of the greatest on screen supervillains of all time, though

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I even get made fun of by my ex wife because she knows Superman Returns holds the record for the only movie I ever fell asleep to in a theater lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

I think Snyder has set the groundwork for the action, and other directors are just following along. Some of WW's action seemed very Snyder, but in a different way.

Then you have SS which is less slo mo and more shoot em' up, hopefully #2 is the same.

At any rate, love him or hate him, this is Snyderverse...
The man laid out the groundwork, he had the vision, and while there will always be changes and "fixes", this will always have Snyder's ideas at the core.

At least the Snyderverse is more comic accurate than the Singerverse. Snyder is an amazing visual filmmaker, but not as strong of a writer. X-Men 2 and DofP were better written movies than MoS and BvS, but I think Wonder Woman is just as good if not better. Snyder cast Gadot and oversaw her character and costume design for BvS, and he also had top credit for the story. So while the DCCU might have gotten off to a shaky start, it might be finding its footing. However there are extensive reshoots for Justice League which could mean they're doing a a pretty major shift in tone and/or story.

I rewatched BvS after WW and while the 3 weak elements still exist:

1. Lois's bullet investigation
2. Kent's Batman investigation
3. Lack of action

But for whatever reason I still can't get myself to dislike the movie.

I know i'm in the miniority with this but I don't see Lex as a weak villain I thought his rooftop domination over Superman was pretty ruthless.

Similar to TDK Joker interrogation.

All your strength yet you got nothing man of steel.

Yup, BvS is an underappreciated gem IMO, too many people just push it to the side without actually making their own opinions on it first.

"Oh the internet hates this movie? Well, I guess I better too!" :rolleyes2

I might worship at the alter of TWS/CW but WW entrance in BvS is easily my favorite superhero heroic entrance of any superhero movie with WW battlefield entrance quickly climbing up the ranks.

BVS' Lex Luthor was a great over the top villain.... for another movie.
He would have been awesome as the riddler and i think he would have been a better joker.

I still feel robbed of a Lex Luthor. I still wish the movie would have had a regular older bald businessman.

Nothing wrong with someone enjoying bvs. There are lots of Nickelback and Kenny G fans out there, as well. And I appreciate their ability to see positives where most reasonable people can't .

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I might worship at the alter of TWS/CW but WW entrance in BvS is easily my favorite superhero heroic entrance of any superhero movie with WW battlefield entrance quickly climbing up the ranks.

The WW Battle in No Man's Land is heroic and stirring- powerful stuff- what she screams to Trevor and the soldiers right before she goes over the top is wonderful stuff!

Everytime BVS is on cable I fast forward to the wharehouse scene and watch it from there. The rest is a brown smelly nugget I care not to watch.

Back