Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might not be their intention, but as a fanboy I'm glad they're going for the deeper approach.

This argument about the "most popular superheroes ever" doesn't cut it. Did you see the box office for BB and SR?

A deeper approach is fine as long as they don't lose what makes those characters in the first place--and I think they're failing pretty hard at that, especially with respect to Superman.

"Most popular superheroes" refers to Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Marvel is making a ****load of money without heroes at that level so DC sure as hell should be able to with the Trinity. The fact that they're not shows how much they are missing the mark with the characters and story line.

It's not hitting the mark with the characters that is making money, it's making movies that are appealing to consumers. Joe Blow never read a comic but remembers seeing superman cereal as a kid and went to see BvS but has no clue why Superman is punching Batman through a building.

It's all about making a good movie. Example: The Dark Knight

Exactly! Just tell good stories those are the ones fans remember and cherish. The 78 Superman was campy and corny but the story was simple and fun. What Superman should be.

Mmm... Elfman's cool but he's not a good fit for Snyderverse.
So just another addition to this huge mess... or major change in DCCU direction is very real?
Either way I don't like the sound of it.

Yeah, it's weird how we're just now learning about this, when the movie is fairly close to hitting theaters. Maybe Joss kicked Junkie XL off this and replaced him with Elfman, since they worked together on Age of Ultron?

Still, the news sounds kinda cool. They'll probably be using the established "themes" for the characters, like how they played Wonder Woman's theme in her solo movie constantly.

Maybe Joss kicked Junkie XL off this and replaced him with Elfman, since they worked together on Age of Ultron?
I don't think "worked together" is apropriate.
Elfman composed several tracks usin' Silvestri's main theme, late into postro.
He's only credited for 10 out of 28 tracks, most of them are just variations of the theme.
Brian Tyler's the AoU composer.

Shook stories are usually wild or crazy and those parts we remember. Like Kevin Bacon getting killed in Friday the 13th. Good stories stay with us like inception.

Back