LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is becoming a real wallet teaser... I'm sitting in session and my mind wanders to whether or not it's okay to drop $130 on Jabba and a skiff since it's payday :lol

Picked up a Slave Leia with chain for Jabba... Any other Minifigs that would go well with the Palace set? There's a second Gammy that comes with the Rancor set so I might just wait for that for more pig guard pressense.

I wish they'd make a Lego Ree Yees, Amanaman, and Max Rebo Band. That would be amazing.

Baron Sat's Rebo band.

the_band.jpg

Death star is 337 at [ame="https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-10188/dp/B002EEP3NO/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1348875516&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+star+wars+death+star"]Amazon[/ame]. :panic:

I know. :monkey2

Looks like it will cost me 19 to return it. Not sure if they'll refund the price diff or not.

Last edited:
I wish they would change the policy back. I've recently had them refund me money, but it took a couple of tries.

Wow, that B-wing is pretty sexy looking... always a vehicle I wished we'd seen more of :huh

Yeah and what's funny is that when I heard that George was releasing "Special Editions" of the movie in 1997 there were a number of shots that I was particularly looking forward to seeing and assuming he would update:

1. Han actually executing some evasive maneuvers in ANH when he says "Don't worry I know a few maneuvers we'll lose them" instead of just flying a straight line

2. Vader's yellow saber stick being fixed when he walks toward the blast doors on the DS

3. A more badass crash when Red Leader collides with the DS

4. Also a more awesome explosion when the Executor crashes into the DSII

5. A couple shots of B-Wings actually fighting

I got none of the above. :duh :lol

(though Vader's saber was finally corrected 7 years later for the DVD)

Oh well, who cares, Harmy all the way now.

Yeah and what's funny is that when I heard that George was releasing "Special Editions" of the movie in 1997 there were a number of shots that I was particularly looking forward to seeing and assuming he would update:

1. Han actually executing some evasive maneuvers in ANH when he says "Don't worry I know a few maneuvers we'll lose them" instead of just flying a straight line

2. Vader's yellow saber stick being fixed when he walks toward the blast doors on the DS

3. A more badass crash when Red Leader collides with the DS

4. Also a more awesome explosion when the Executor crashes into the DSII

5. A couple shots of B-Wings actually fighting

I got none of the above. :duh :lol

(though Vader's saber was finally corrected 7 years later for the DVD)

Oh well, who cares, Harmy all the way now.

Yeah, for all the hype about improving the originals... Lucas still never addressed some scenes that honestly don't look all that good. The Executor looks like it just flared up like a match head when it collides with the DSII :lol

Now it's a moot point as I'm done with the SE, but so ironic he "fixed" stuff that didn't need it and left the more obvious things like that "as-is" :huh

So, Jabba's Palace arrived Saturday, two days early. Great set, with lots of action features and a TON of minifigs. I'll say this, it's not worth 150. Maybe 120, but at around 100 (got mine at 102 through Amazon) it's a great buy. Don't let the low piece count fool you, there's lots of new and big bricks.

Back