Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we all know Hasbro never stopped themselves from revisiting and improving on a character in figure form - Star Wars, Transformers ....

I think Mattel and the 4H could do the same.

And I throw in my support for 200X as a whole. I'll always love the Filmation cartoon but Mike Young Productions take on the series really became cinematic for me in that final season and I absolutely loved that! They made the snake men imposing, made you actually cheer and root for Skeletor when his magic triumphed against them. How I wish we had seen the rebellion and Hordak versus Skeletor! The series was firing as an adventure series should .... It was a real bummer when it didn't come back.

While I agree completely, i'm not 100% certian I'd call Fisto a "core" character. He's certianly popular with some people, but does that mkae him core?

I don't know.

Maybe not. He's not top 10, but he is very popular and he does cost over $100. Teela on the other hand.....

I like the nickname he has...Nepth-poo!

he is going to be hard to get rid of my extra

I can do that. when you want it?

I needs him to try a head repaint, and some parts for customizing with my extra heads. Beard guy needs better legs

I can do that. when you want it?

I needs him to try a head repaint, and some parts for customizing with my extra heads. Beard guy needs better legs

you can send now or in October when he is released...and he'll go out to you the same day I get him

200X is my He-Man, I'm very cut and dry about how I feel about it. It is the best incarnation for me. That said, I LOVE vintage as well, as I grew up playing with He-Man figures and have early memories of the Filmation cartoon. I don't see why any 200X Classics figures have to be anime stylized, I don't feel like they have been so far. I would just prefer to see a 200X He-Man & Skeletor, then I will be happy enough to walk away (but I wouldn't) lol.

The 200X variants would be super easy too. The most important part would be new head sculpts for both that shows off the more imposing nature of the 200X designs. He-Man only needs a new harness and belt ala Fisto, and Skeletor only really needs a new loin cloth and boots. He could use gauntlets but I won't argue. Their weapons are already tooled. I think they would go over really well too. Alas, if we get any 200X variants I doubt we'll get head sculpts that are new. At this point I would use the Alcala head for 200X Skeletor and a modified King Grayskull head for He-Man.

Well we all know Hasbro never stopped themselves from revisiting and improving on a character in figure form - Star Wars, Transformers ....

Retail lines and online only collector lines are very different. Mattel has no problem revisiting main characters in their retail lines (ie - 200X He-man/Skeletor variants, Batman, Superman).

Debating on buying a second sub. I want doubles of fogures like Two-Bad and Modulok, but think it may be difficult to make money back on figs like Hydron. I guess I have roughly 11 hours to make a decision.

Not everyone has been collecting the line for 5 years and the line will be dead very soon if they only cater to those who have.

Unfortunately, this is true. And even more so, it will be dead soon, if not in 2015 then in 2016. And then the MOTU brand will go back into the grave while Mattel go back to producing the same Barbie and Hot Wheels stuff they've done for the past half century. That's why it'll never be Transformers or GI Joe type property, because they don't try to increase brand awareness and customers, they just rely on the small group of hardcore fans who've followed it from the beginning. 200x was great too, and seemed to start off really strong, but then when the shelves got full of SB He-Man and the show was constantly airing at different times, the casual fans dropped off.

I'm not saying reissuing Fisto or Teela will solve those problems, but its more of just one example of the overall shortcomings of the brand. At this point there's really nothing anyone can do about it, so we might as well enjoy what we have left.

Debating on buying a second sub. I want doubles of fogures like Two-Bad and Modulok, but think it may be difficult to make money back on figs like Hydron. I guess I have roughly 11 hours to make a decision.

You won't make a profit on Hydron. But you can consider him free with every Two-Bad you purchase for $50.

What MOTU needs is entertainment to go along with it... it cannot survive on exclusive toys and a crappy comic.
We need a toon, better comics, a movie, books, and other collectibles.
The thing with MOTU is that it's just surviving due to Nostalgia, unlike GI Joe and Tranformers where new generations of kids are joining the fandom...

I really hope they make a good movie, but first they need to get rid of Chu and get the ball REALLY rolling...

LOL.

Well, hydron may be a hard sell, but TWO-BAD will pull 90$ eaisly, if BBTS is any indication.

Modulok will bring top dollar too. Possibly even granamyr money.

You won't make a profit on Hydron. But you can consider him free with every Two-Bad you purchase for $50.

As much as it sucks that I may have to lose money or hopefully break even on a few figs in order to score doubles of other figures.

What MOTU needs is entertainment to go along with it... it cannot survive on exclusive toys and a crappy comic.
We need a toon, better comics, a movie, books, and other collectibles.
The thing with MOTU is that it's just surviving due to Nostalgia, unlike GI Joe and Tranformers where new generations of kids are joining the fandom...

I really hope they make a good movie, but first they need to get rid of Chu and get the ball REALLY rolling...

But who?

As much as it sucks that I may have to lose money or hopefully break even on a few figs in order to score doubles of other figures.

Sure. But you're better off looking at it as as one purchase of 16 figures instead of 16 figure purchases. You make a monthly payment and get a portion of your order each month, but it's one transaction.

Some figures are more valuable than others, but they're a part of the package.

Debating on buying a second sub. I want doubles of fogures like Two-Bad and Modulok, but think it may be difficult to make money back on figs like Hydron.

The vintage MOTU figures, the Unnamed One, and any no day of sale figures are going to be worth more on ebay. If those are the ones you are keeping then it's likely you will lose money on the rest. It still might end up cheaper than paying a premium for any of the figures you can't get outside of the sub (ie - Two Bad), but is it worth your time to sell off the extras? Keep that in mind.

Back