Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 6" Star Wars figures are $20, TMNT Classics, Marvel Legends and DC are $16-18 and these are overpriced at $25? The production runs for MOTUC are probably less than half of what those other lines have. Just look at the Four Horsemen Raven figures. Those are $33 each and they have the same exact base body with a different head and different paint apps. Low runs are expensive to produce.

To answer your question teemu, I will be subbing again for 2015 no matter what. I hope that they just make everything subscription only for 2015.

Yes they're overpriced to me, admittedly in large part due to the ridiculous shipping cost but even before at $27 this year (the price for us lowly people who don't buy into the sub BS) they are overpriced.

To answer your question teemu, I will be subbing again for 2015 no matter what. I hope that they just make everything subscription only for 2015.

will be a tough decision for me come 2015 to sub again...Sub only might persuade me

I will sub no matter what, especially with the Quartely shipping option which helps balance the rising costs of the figures. Plus I will probably buy two subs again next year like this year, which will help me make a bit of money and give me figures I can use as trade bait. I think there a lot of people who aren't accustom to collecting higher end collectibles like a lot of us here at SSF are. $25 per figure is nothing to me, I buy S.H. Figuarts, Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc. Matty could raises prices to $30 per figure and I would still be okay with it. These figures are worth it imo. (that said I don't want them to raise prices, just it's not a big deal).

I think a price increase beyond $25 would - or at least should - warrant that we know the entire lineup from the start. If they don't, I really think they risk not getting enough subscribers.

They'll have to pull our all their wild cards to justify an entire year's worth of figures, much less another price increase to go along with 'em. The problem is, I can't think of many - maybe not any - heavy hitters beyond 2014. I think they can do it - they'll just have to try harder... maybe even show us the mock-ups along with the names, or at least the designs for those that don't have any protos made up. They're really going to have to wow us, I think... They can do it, but they're going to have to try harder to do so from the beginning.

Changing notes...Just realized I haven't posted any pics of recent figures!
Here are a few!!!

P8221258_zpse09cf9c6.jpg

P8221259_zps35028b19.jpg

P8221260_zps5425eb97.jpg

P8221261_zps9326adeb.jpg

P8221262_zpsd588efed.jpg

Kitbashed, I think they work great!

P8221263_zps467fd6ed.jpg

P8221264_zps0b33e896.jpg

P8221265_zps8d60baec.jpg

Here is a question for you guys...Toyguru once again confirms 2015's price increase

At this point we are putting all of our resources into making as many figures as we can before prices go up again

With prices going up again for the 2015 Sub,will you guys still buy a Sub for 2015? Will character selection justify the price?

my guess if the 2015 sub were not to happen...we would at least get the first 3 monthly figures shown at higher prices

A price increase for 2015 just made the sub drive much tougher. I hope Scott can put it all on the line and let us know the entire year's releases come SDCC.

Was there a price increase for 2014? I didn't really pay that much attention.

Here is a question for you guys...Toyguru once again confirms 2015's price increase

At this point we are putting all of our resources into making as many figures as we can before prices go up again

With prices going up again for the 2015 Sub,will you guys still buy a Sub for 2015? Will character selection justify the price?

my guess if the 2015 sub were not to happen...we would at least get the first 3 monthly figures shown at higher prices

2015 is a long way away. It's a seriously negative factor. These things are expensive already.

I honestly can't imagine that the line would survive another price increase though. We did only hit 115% of the minimum quota this time. If they do raise the price for 2015, I expect the line will fail to hit 100% next year.

Was there a price increase for 2014? I didn't really pay that much attention.

:lol

No, 2014 will keep to the same $25 per subbed figure price range from 2013. Looking back, it's amazing we were able to hold on to the same price for 4 years.

2015 is a long way away. It's a seriously negative factor. These things are expensive already.

I honestly can't imagine that the line would survive another price increase though. We did only hit 115% of the minimum quota this time. If they do raise the price for 2015, I expect the line will fail to hit 100% next year.

Yeah, 2015 is pretty much a guaranteed dud unless ole' Scotty can bring something of incredible value to the table. 2015 will be the Ultimate Battleground. :lecture

Its not so much the cost of the figures, its the ridonkulus shipping and handling charges from DR that make the perceived value seem less (or more). In 2009 every figure I ordered cost $27 and I had it on my doorstep the next morning. Now a single figure at sub prices costs nearly $40 and takes anywhere from 3 to 10 days to get to me.

I think they'll try and cram as much stuff as possible in 2014, add-on sub, outside of the sub extras, more bonus figures, etc. to get as much complete as possible. The only thing that would make me consider subbing for 2015 with a price increase would be absolutely no DOS. Even then, it depends what's released in 2014, and whether or not I want anything else after that.

I really wish they could've gotten at least the full Battle Ram and a vehicle for the villains out before the line died. I was hoping for a Stridor in 2014, but now I'm not so sure about that either.

Even with the cheapest shipping option to MN (plus tax), individual MOTUC figures come to $39.58. It's typically cheaper for me to buy a figure off someone who bought multiples, rather than use Matty Collectors overpriced system.

At $33* shipped, the Ravens are cheaper, have more paint apps, accessories and articulation. 4HM Store figures are cheaper for me to buy than MOTUC since they don't overcharge on the shipping. I would also imagine each Raven variant figure has a much lower run than any MOTUC.

*Free shipping via kickstarter.

Even with the cheapest shipping option to MN (plus tax), individual MOTUC figures come to $39.58. It's typically cheaper for me to buy a figure off someone who bought multiples, rather than use Matty Collectors overpriced system.

I live in the UK and thats round about what I pay for individual figures with shipping. Was a bit suprised when I selected quarterly shipping for the sub and my options were $59 or $70 shipping. That still works out as at least $12 shipping per figure, as opposed to the $14 I pay for them individually. Not the savings I expected!

At least I only get stung by customs once though :)

I feel your pain. Matty started charging sales tax for Ohio residents last year when no other out of state online retailer does right now, not even Amazon. Not only that, but they charge the sales tax after they include shipping in the price, so I'm essentially being charged even more for shipping.

:lol

No, 2014 will keep to the same $25 per subbed figure price range from 2013. Looking back, it's amazing we were able to hold on to the same price for 4 years.

We didn't. They were $20 originally, remember?

To think that seems cheap now... :)

Back