Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're kidding..... it's trap door doesn't go into the dungeon either?????? :dunno

very minor quibble..

did you see the vehicles,Fright Zone and Snake Mountain?? Mattel could easily produce these

MOTU mini-figures and sets would be a lot more interesting than the other licensed MOTU products that have come out recently. I have no need for Bobble Heads and letter openers (though I'm not saying they aren't interesting). Mattel probably isn't interested in making MOTU products aimed at kids at this point, or expanding the brand outside of things they feel safe will sell well. While I prefer MOTU as an adult collector brand, I'd like to see it grow and get a better foot hold in the marketplace again so MOTUC will last longer.

very minor quibble..

did you see the vehicles,Fright Zone and Snake Mountain?? Mattel could easily produce these

Which begs the question - Why aren't there MOTU Legos already? Practically every other property has a Lego counterpart so why not MOTU?
I haven't collected Legos since I was probably 10 but I'd definitely start buying again if they put something out. So much potential yet Mattel does nothing.

Which begs the question - Why aren't there MOTU Legos already? Practically every other property has a Lego counterpart so why not MOTU?
I haven't collected Legos since I was probably 10 but I'd definitely start buying again if they put something out. So much potential yet Mattel does nothing.

gotta say I am having a blast with those Classic ARAH GI JOE Kreo's...hooked on them

I would collect MOTU Lego's or Minimates in a heartbeat

Mattel doesn't make LEGO type products and I don't see them jumping into a new product venture with MOTU. Hasbro makes Kreos for Transformers and GI Joe which are their own properties, but both of those properties have current media to support them (cartoons and movies).

LEGO uses a lot of licensed properties, but every single one has current media to back it (again, cartoons and movies, etc.) They go after big names like Star Wars, Marvel, DC, LOTR and TMNT. MOTU doesn't come close to those other properties when you look at what they've got going for them. I highly doubt LEGO is interested in paying a licensing fee to Mattel to make MOTU LEGO sets since the brand hasn't been successful at retail since the 80's. Of course that could all change if a MOTU movie and/or cartoon ever gets made again.

The only chance now would be for a MOTU LEGO CUUSOO project to get 10,000 votes and then it would be up for LEGO to decide if they want to make it or not. Other than that I just don't see LEGO going after MOTU right now. It's not a hot property.

I also don't see Mattel letting someone else making product for their IP, although I guess they let Neca make those Staction figures.

Mattel doesn't make LEGO type products and I don't see them jumping into a new product venture with MOTU. Hasbro makes Kreos for Transformers and GI Joe which are their own properties, but both of those properties have current media to support them (cartoons and movies).

LEGO uses a lot of licensed properties, but every single one has current media to back it (again, cartoons and movies, etc.) They go after big names like Star Wars, Marvel, DC, LOTR and TMNT. MOTU doesn't come close to those other properties when you look at what they've got going for them. I highly doubt LEGO is interested in paying a licensing fee to Mattel to make MOTU LEGO sets since the brand hasn't been successful at retail since the 80's. Of course that could all change if a MOTU movie and/or cartoon ever gets made again.

The only chance now would be for a MOTU LEGO CUUSOO project to get 10,000 votes and then it would be up for LEGO to decide if they want to make it or not. Other than that I just don't see LEGO going after MOTU right now. It's not a hot property.

Your right...MOTU is not a property that is in demand universally.It only appeals to a certain group of people and certain collector's.Most kids didn't seem to care when He-Man returned with the 200x cartoon shown on the cartoon network.It was mostly the adults that fueled it or even cared about it (and same with the toys).

Which is why collector's should enjoy MOTU Classics until that ends,because once it's over,it's over...there will NEVER be a MOTU line as good as MOTU Classics.(I really do think that MOTU Classics is the last hoorah!)

Then even when a movie comes out (and I stress IF there will be a movie). MOTU will still never take off like it did in the 80's.That is why you won't see the brand expand much like it should or could because MOTU is a RISK and Mattel knows it.

gotta say I am having a blast with those Classic ARAH GI JOE Kreo's...hooked on them

I would collect MOTU Lego's or Minimates in a heartbeat

Yeah, I probably would too. I'm a sucker for minifigs and I do like the Joe and TF Kreons and am on a big classic Lego kick right now as well...

Minimates are super cool and I've gotten a few, but there are so many... it's quite confusing to collect them! I've more or less given up, though I will get back to them at some point.

Which is why collector's should enjoy MOTU Classics until that ends,because once it's over,it's over...there will NEVER be a MOTU line as good as MOTU Classics.(I really do think that MOTU Classics is the last hoorah!)

I agree - at least for classic, Flimation/vintage style designs.

I could see MOTU taking off again, but it'll be something more akin to 200X - a reboot, with updated designs and characters. And that's fine with me. :)

There could be motu figures by lego, should the new motu movie ever see the daylight. However those would most likely be movie figures.

I'm a bit sad that lego didn't pick transformers licence. Kreo figures aren't bad, but IMo their quality is not quite the same. I have some of those mini combiner and they had some quality issues you seldom see with lego.

I don't think LEGO ever had the option to pickup the Transformers license. I'm sure Hasbro wanted to keep it to themselves since they were doing the Kreo line. You're right that they aren't the same quality as LEGO.

Lego I believe are still all manufactured in Denmark. They're a private company as well which is pretty awesome.

From some quick cursory research they don't have manufacturing in China yet and plan to have their factory built by 2017 and they're only doing manufacturing in China to produce Lego for that area. Apparently they're trying to open manufacturing spotted around the globe close to different markets to reduce shipping time/cost as well as being able to get their products to market faster.

here is the thing about lego and quality.

Lego does one thing, and does it TREMENDOUSLY well.
They make construction blocks. That's it.
So they end up being the best there is. Hasbro does lots of different things, so they're spread thin.

Additionaly, EVERY lego block has a stamp on its inside that tells the makers of it what mold, what section of said mold it comes from.
SO if they hit a defective block, it's easy to find where it came from, and then to check the mold.

From some quick cursory research they don't have manufacturing in China yet and plan to have their factory built by 2017 and they're only doing manufacturing in China to produce Lego for that area.

LEGO may not have their own plant up and running in China yet, but they definitely have products coming out of China right now. Just look at the back of the Collectible Minifigure blind bags and you will see "made in China" printed on them.

I don't think LEGO ever had the option to pickup the Transformers license. I'm sure Hasbro wanted to keep it to themselves since they were doing the Kreo line. You're right that they aren't the same quality as LEGO.

not the same quality No,but the Kre-o quality isn't bad at all either..

Back