Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watch Matty will make an announcement that they "have more coming and no one panic" message to cover their butts.

They probably still have a huge stockpile of them just sitting there waiting for all the complaints to come in and then fly in like they're saving the day to look better.

Probably is the scarcity tactics. I think this will hurt them in the long run with the very loyal fans.

I'm a lucky one had no problems at all. Ordered a BC, 2X Trap Jaws and 2 sest of stands!

If I think a certain figure is gonna be hard to get, like Battle Cat, I organise with a friend to who buys in bulk to add one for me if he can!

I would've missed out on lots of figures if I hadn't this method!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Oh boy are you ever wrong! Where and how did you come to that novel conclusion?
I can show you a bunch of very obvious things that will make that statement sound rather idiotic!

I didn't say I was right. It's my myth I conjured up from the coincidence of not getting through on the forums at the same time as the Matty orders go up.

I didn't say I was right. It's my myth I conjured up from the coincidence of not getting through on the forums at the same time as the Matty orders go up.

Or it could just be that loads of folks go to He-man.org when the fit hits the shan like today and folks want to know what's going on, see who's gotten their confirmations etc.

Mad thought I know but your idea despite evidence to the contrary is far more plausable! :rolleyes:

Just watch Matty will make an announcement that they "have more coming and no one panic" message to cover their butts.

They probably still have a huge stockpile of them just sitting there waiting for all the complaints to come in and then fly in like they're saving the day to look better.

Probably is the scarcity tactics. I think this will hurt them in the long run with the very loyal fans.

its definitely scarcity and scare tactics.....its marketing bull_____!!!
toyguru basically stated that there is a small amount of figures each month for non-subscribers and basically saying if you want the figures,your best bet is to subscribe to guarantee your figures......basically locking you in for a year and guaranteeing mattel $$$ and not giving you much choice as their customer...its "All IN" or "Nothing"....so you must take good with the bad

Today, during the ordering fiasco, the screen was all messed up and some of the website wording was on Matty's face. For a second there, he sure looked like Hitler. :monkey1

Why doesn't Mattel put these figs up for a certain period of time (one hour time blocks) for their collectors instead of creating a false scarcity and uproar amongst their own collecting community. These figures aren't numbered.

I feel bad for you guys that are trying to get these figures and they sell out within minutes. Maybe they should have something in place to lower the maximum quantity if time blocks aren't a valid solution to the problem. It's kinda ridiculous of Matty to create headaches like this for their MOTU collectors. The sad thing is that it isn't a one time problem. These kinks should've been resolved a long time ago rather than saying that they are considering re releasing the figures down the line.

Back