Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking my Grandmother to get her eyeglasses today and stopped at the local TRU...they look like they havnt stocked since Christmas..nothing but crap hanging on the pegs...as I said and the store will always be from now on....TOYS ARN'T US

Toys R Us used to be the _____! They'd always have stock in of tons of stuff when I was really young.

Going there now though... Toys R Us IS _____. 19 times out of 20 I walk out with nothing. They're just rarely ever stocked with anything good. I don't know why I bother going there after work almost every day. It's like I somehow think magically Toys R Us will be cool again by some miracle, but it never happens.

When I was little and Mad Balls were HOT, they were all out one night and my mom brought me up to the counter to ask a store lady when they'd be getting more in and she happily said, "We'll have a bunch of them in this Thursday. If you come when the store opens you should have no problem getting any." Sure enough a few days later my mom brought me down in the morning. No one standing outside, we walked in and in the front near the registers... completely stocked.

The people used to be really cool there long ago and would somehow know and be very helpful when it came to informing people when more stock would come in. These days people say they don't know and they don't care. I worked at TRU for about 4 months once (one of my dream list of things to do at some point in my life) and you could find out what was coming in the next shipment through a computerized manifest. This is how the Hotwheels guys know when Treasure Hunts will be in stock... or anything. You talk to the right people and they'll look it right up on the computer so you know exactly what day to show up when the store opens. I wish they'd stagger the times they put stock out though. Some people REALLY hoard toys and I see them reselling them at toy shows. Scum.....

Oh and I don't go when the store opens because I start work before their store opens. Darn the 10am opening time :(

Toys R Us used to be the _____! They'd always have stock in of tons of stuff when I was really young.

Going there now though... Toys R Us IS _____. 19 times out of 20 I walk out with nothing. They're just rarely ever stocked with anything good. I don't know why I bother going there after work almost every day. It's like I somehow think magically Toys R Us will be cool again by some miracle, but it never happens.

When I was little and Mad Balls were HOT, they were all out one night and my mom brought me up to the counter to ask a store lady when they'd be getting more in and she happily said, "We'll have a bunch of them in this Thursday. If you come when the store opens you should have no problem getting any." Sure enough a few days later my mom brought me down in the morning. No one standing outside, we walked in and in the front near the registers... completely stocked.

The people used to be really cool there long ago and would somehow know and be very helpful when it came to informing people when more stock would come in. These days people say they don't know and they don't care. I worked at TRU for about 4 months once (one of my dream list of things to do at some point in my life) and you could find out what was coming in the next shipment through a computerized manifest. This is how the Hotwheels guys know when Treasure Hunts will be in stock... or anything. You talk to the right people and they'll look it right up on the computer so you know exactly what day to show up when the store opens. I wish they'd stagger the times they put stock out though. Some people REALLY hoard toys and I see them reselling them at toy shows. Scum.....

Oh and I don't go when the store opens because I start work before their store opens. Darn the 10am opening time :(

It's because back in the 80's no one thought this stuff would amount to anything (unless you were smart) and now a days everyone wants their piece of the pie $$$$

It's because back in the 80's no one thought this stuff would amount to anything (unless you were smart) and now a days everyone wants their piece of the pie $$$$

Yup, everyone is looking at things now as an investment instead of what they are which are toys.

Also dont forget, there was no internet stores to buy stuff...back in the 80's, if you wanted it,you had to shop in the retail store and it was on the shelf,plenty in stock whether it was G.I.Joe,He-Man,Transformers, (you name it) dont forget the great stores that used to exist and were once great....Service Merchandise,Sears (Catalog),Children's Palace,Kiddie City,and the once great places of Toys R Us and K-mart!!
and then there was KB Toys and Hobby in the malls....there was a time toy collecting was great, but now it sucks at retail and ALL the good stuff is only available on the internet (MOTU Classics/Sideshow products etc) Times have changed and it will NEVER be the same :(

Taking my Grandmother to get her eyeglasses today and stopped at the local TRU...they look like they havnt stocked since Christmas..nothing but crap hanging on the pegs...as I said and the store will always be from now on....TOYS ARN'T US
did they have any ROC figures?:monkey3

hey all, long time lurker, 1st time poster. been following this thread since those first shots of beastman in 08. matty's site told me on feb. 16 that I successfully ordered BC and TJ, which after 2 weeks turned out not to be true. total and utter disappointment. trying not to let mattel suck the fun outta this for me.

hey all, long time lurker, 1st time poster. been following this thread since those first shots of beastman in 08. matty's site told me on feb. 16 that I successfully ordered BC and TJ, which after 2 weeks turned out not to be true. total and utter disappointment. trying not to let mattel suck the fun outta this for me.
welcome. sorry to hear about your order. hopefully both are re-released before the end of the year.

you a Maiden fan, BB? bout time we get some members in this thread with some musical taste. i don't know why, but i'm getting a Country Western vibe from the other posters in here. Especially Skiman.

you a Maiden fan, BB? bout time we get some members in this thread with some musical taste. i don't know why, but i'm getting a Country Western vibe from the other posters in here. Especially Skiman.

Amon Amarth all the way, you think I listen to Country in the gym you must of had Faker Skiman in here or something....

I'm a rocker through and through....

joe-dirt-4.jpg

None of that p**** ____ Skoal.

I added my extra set on ebay to make a quick buck.:angelsmil

But if anyone wants a set, cost+tax+shipping+10 bucks for my effort, I will be glad to send them to a boardie and pull the auction. It will prob be around 85.00 shipped in the US. Probably cheaper then wasting your gas money.:cool:

Back