Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys would somebody be willing to help a fellow freak from Germany getting the DCUC vs MOTUC 2-packs? I really want these sets but I am not willing to pay redicoulus $ 100 on ebay just because it is US toysrus excl.

Is it only US? I'll check my TRU but I'm in Canada...

yes I am serious and this thread is not de-railed at all...few of us are discussing Giants and their origin...no big deal! I find it very interesting how mainstream takes and has been using mythology and Biblical aspects into entertainment...While some on here know my beliefs, I certainly believe Giants onced roamed the Earth as its stated in Genesis Chapter 6 and the Stories of races of Giants in the Bible (Example-Goliath and David) Goliath was a prodigy of the Nephilim in the Bible.........
thats in my studies and beliefs and will continue to point things out and speak my mind whether people think I am nuts or not...do you think all these ideas from creating these toys comes from man's imagination ownly alone?? now that being said...I am looking forward to adding Tytus to my MOTU Collection

:bunnydanc Yes...yes I do. But you're all right Teemu. Kooky but all right. :duff

... uh, man's imagination is a powerful thing.

:lol Yeah...anywho so yeah Trap-Jaw best figure in the line so far guys? :rock

Is it only US? I'll check my TRU but I'm in Canada...

At least non Europe... Its always the same... :duh But this is Mattels typical business phylosphie. They simply do not care about the European market though they always say that there are many European customers... We do not even have the regular DCUC in our shops. Last Superman I have seen in a shop was from Returns... :rolleyes:

So whoever might be willing to help me out please contact me. Your help will be much appreciated.:peace

just fyi not trying to spam, but i have a extra 1st release skeletor with the wash style paint apps, which to me shows the details of the sculpt much better, thats loose in mint condition and a scareglow loose im parting with. if anyone is interested just let me know.

just fyi not trying to spam, but i have a extra 1st release skeletor with the wash style paint apps, which to me shows the details of the sculpt much better, thats loose in mint condition and a scareglow loose im parting with. if anyone is interested just let me know.

What is "wash style paint apps" ? :confused:

Pics?

Pics?

there were two styles of paint apps on the first release. one was a more cartoony layered application of paint that took away some of the details and the other was a application of yellow and then a dry brushing of green near the top of the skull and other areas. to me it looked better. i can get pictures later on and post them.

Pics?

airbrushed

skeletor3.jpg

drybrushed

skeletor2.jpg

Mattel started with the airbrushed variant (more yellow less detailed) but switched to drybrushed during the production due to fan demand. People complained that there wasnt enough green in his face when they saw the prototype.

Which one is yours ghost? I am still looking for the first airbrushed version so if it is that one please PM me. :duff

Actually, that's a wash not a dry brush, although how they applied it in reality may be with a brush. Dry brushing is a technique to apply paint to the highlights of the sculpt - the 'top' surfaces, if you will. A wash is appling paint over the whole surface and then wiping it off, leaving it in the lower details. So calling this a 'wash style' makes sense, but calling it 'dry brushing' (again, although a brush may be used) does not.

the more yellow (and best version)1st version issue Skeletor is the rarest version of skeletor in the line

My TRU only got in a case of the DC vs MOTU packs in. 2 Skeletors and 2 Heman packs were set up on the shelf.

I've been to 4 TRU by me, all cleaned out. They are only getting two of each. I was able to score at one store, but the others didn't have them one day, and next day they had price tag showing item but an empty shelf.

I sold one set on eBay, which paid for both sets, wondering if to keep my other set or flip it as well. I've probably spent $30 in gas hunting for them. I hope this line never goes retail, cause I wouldn't want to do this every month.

Actually, that's a wash not a dry brush, although how they applied it in reality may be with a brush. Dry brushing is a technique to apply paint to the highlights of the sculpt - the 'top' surfaces, if you will. A wash is appling paint over the whole surface and then wiping it off, leaving it in the lower details. So calling this a 'wash style' makes sense, but calling it 'dry brushing' (again, although a brush may be used) does not.

This is how they call them on the .org I think. So this might be the common explenation for them. I dont know. Honestly I dont care about names for either the technique or the painted head variants. :lol

When I think about it I do not even care about most parts of the .org :rolleyes:

This is how they call them on the .org I think. So this might be the common explenation for them. I dont know. Honestly I dont care about names for either the technique or the painted head variants. :lol

When I think about it I do not even care about most parts of the .org :rolleyes:

Same here on ur spoiler. :lecture

I've been to 4 TRU by me, all cleaned out. They are only getting two of each. I was able to score at one store, but the others didn't have them one day, and next day they had price tag showing item but an empty shelf.

I sold one set on eBay, which paid for both sets, wondering if to keep my other set or flip it as well. I've probably spent $30 in gas hunting for them. I hope this line never goes retail, cause I wouldn't want to do this every month.

Scott, hook me up broham. We can always trade...:)

I'm too lazy to go to TRU, those days are done for me.

Taking my Grandmother to get her eyeglasses today and stopped at the local TRU...they look like they havnt stocked since Christmas..nothing but crap hanging on the pegs...as I said and the store will always be from now on....TOYS ARN'T US

Scott, hook me up broham. We can always trade...:)

I'm leaning towards keeping and opening them. I sort of like the heman repaint, they did a wash for his hair... and the pink belt buckle is growing on me. :lol But the skeletor isn't that good, no green on the face.

Also, expect shelfwear on the boxes if anyone is able to locate them, they crammed them in the carton, like the early figures.

Back