Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, i'm kinda tired of hearing about how evil mattel is for forcing the subs on everybody and then everybody turns around and cries when they don't get a figure. i've wanted subs from the start, when the figures started selling out in less than an hour. and so far i'm quite happy knowing i'm guaranteed my figures. besides the whole teela fiasco (which was just blown out of proportion) the subs have gone smoothly. the most trouble i've had since i've had the sub is the BC ordeal but we knew that was gonna be bad. obviously if you get the sub and don't want a figure you can easily sell it to all those hard headed stubborn collectors who won't take a sub no matter what, cuz they don't want mattel to dictate what they have to buy.

I will NOT sub..................mit!

080101_p18_tapping.jpg

just out of curiosity, why not? you seem to buy every figure anyway.

Well for one I don't trust DR, and then I hear all about people having their subs canceled out of the blue and I'd rather just have MOTUC figures come to me either by my own hands or not miss out by fault. I will always be by a computer during the work hours on each 15th of the month or if it lands on the weekend the day after.

I'd just rather miss a figure by my own fault and have control of that factor than have a mishap happening and then be totally out a figure.

I remember talking to the customer service last year whenever the Mer-Man fiasco happened and I'd rather not have to do that ever again because the people they have working there are completely clueless and know nothing about tracking orders, processing orders..... FINDING orders, etc...

Im not gonna sub next year as well. Dont wanna have to end up paying the cash for the 12 figs, bonus and giant figures. For some reason or other I keep thinking there will be alot NA and POP figs as the sub figs as well. Dont wanna get stuck with characters I dont like, and then going through the process of reselling it to get my money back.

Im not gonna sub next year as well. Dont wanna have to end up paying the cash for the 12 figs, bonus and giant figures. For some reason or other I keep thinking there will be alot NA and POP figs as the sub figs as well. Dont wanna get stuck with characters I dont like, and then going through the process of reselling it to get my money back.
shouldn't be too hard to sell them. you can just sell them to Skiman cuz it sounds like mossman is the new norm. they have just enough figures for subs and maybe a few extra that will sell out in under 2 minutes. next year will probably be worse.

Matty could always do pre-orders, just like SS does. They could gauge the demand for the figures and easily sell what was left over from Credit Card declines and cancels. We could get the figures we want and Mattel could start producing how many they needed 6mos ahead of time.

Yes, it is a preorder, but evidently you didn't even try to read my post. Mattel can improve how they run the ordering process, and we all know they really do need to improve it big time. Read, and think before you post buddy. The subscription is an all or nothing deal, pre-orders for select figures could smooth the ordering process.

I read your post. Mattel will never run their system like Sideshow does. There's no benefit for Mattel to do this, whereas Sideshow almost has to do this due to the amount of $$ involved with producing their statues.

Individual preorders for $20 toys would most likely drive the price up to $25 or more. Why? Because there is more work involved:

Currently: 5,000 subscriptions = 5,000 preorders to process
Individually: 5,000 figures X 12 months = 60,000 preorders to process

(*numbers used are only to illustrate the point)

Well for one I don't trust DR, and then I hear all about people having their subs canceled out of the blue and I'd rather just have MOTUC figures come to me either by my own hands or not miss out by fault. I will always be by a computer during the work hours on each 15th of the month or if it lands on the weekend the day after.

I'd just rather miss a figure by my own fault and have control of that factor than have a mishap happening and then be totally out a figure.

I remember talking to the customer service last year whenever the Mer-Man fiasco happened and I'd rather not have to do that ever again because the people they have working there are completely clueless and know nothing about tracking orders, processing orders..... FINDING orders, etc...

See, I don't really buy the subs getting canceled out of the blue that some claim.

If your card is declined for some reason you will get an email from Mattel stating you have 48 hrs to update your card before your sub is canceled. It happened to me last month when I got my new card.

The real story is that Ski loves total anarchy on the 15th of each month.:peace

See, I don't really buy the subs getting canceled out of the blue that some claim.

If your card is declined for some reason you will get an email from Mattel stating you have 48 hrs to update your card before your sub is canceled. It happened to me last month when I got my new card.

The real story is that Ski loves total anarchy on the 15th of each month.:peace

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture that as well, I come to the ring ready... I train, I eat right, I sleep well the night before and I get PUMPED every 15th... Ready for battle, "Universe style!!!!!"

Well Freaks quit lying about your subs!!!!! :tap

BTW,
Keldor pics and bio are up:

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#Keldor%99

R6259_Keldor_pkgFnt.jpg
R6259_Keldor_pkgBK.jpg

WTF with the BIO?...

R6259_KeldorBio.jpg

Banished from the royal palace, in part due to distrust for the rare blue-skinned Gar race, Prince Keldor became an outcast. He travelled Eternia seeking knowledge and guidance, eventually discovering the ancient Spirit of Hordak. From him, Keldor learned of the dark arts and came to realize that to truly unite Eternia he would need to take command of the planet himself. He gathered an army of fellow outcasts and led them into battle against his brother, Captain Randor. Eventually defeated and near death, Keldor once again turned to Hordak who, in exchange for his own freedom, agreed to save Keldor's life by merging him with Demo-Man, twisting Keldor into Skeletor - Lord of Destruction!

So he's a Hybrid freak-o?...
:horror...

Seems like he is indeed the June's bonus figure!
Crap... so June will be a nightmare... with 6" Venkman, She-Ra, Reker and Keldor! :horror

June hopefully won't be that bad for me. I got She-ra done already, just need to get Keldor. Gonna have to request the day off to be sure I'm at the PC to order him. keldor is one of my favorites so I gotta get him ordered.

see if you guys had the sub you'd only have worry about keldor. my prediction: people will have both in their cart. when they are trying to check out she ra will be sold out cuz she is a sub figure so they only made enough for the subs plus everyone will try to get an extra cuz she has 2 heads. then when they are trying to remove her from the cart so they can order keldor, he will sell out too cuz even though he is a bonus figure everybody will scoop him up cuz he's never had an "official" release before. then everyone will start threads at the matty forum and on the org crying about the 10 figure limit and saying they are done with the line. and you can write that down.

see if you guys had the sub you'd only have worry about keldor. my prediction: people will have both in their cart. when they are trying to check out she ra will be sold out cuz she is a sub figure so they only made enough for the subs plus everyone will try to get an extra cuz she has 2 heads. then when they are trying to remove her from the cart so they can order keldor, he will sell out too cuz even though he is a bonus figure everybody will scoop him up cuz he's never had an "official" release before. then everyone will start threads at the matty forum and on the org crying about the 10 figure limit and saying they are done with the line. and you can write that down.

going after keldor 1st......ordering an extra she-ra for Swiftwind after Keldor checkout

Back