Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see if you guys had the sub you'd only have worry about keldor. my prediction: people will have both in their cart. when they are trying to check out she ra will be sold out cuz she is a sub figure so they only made enough for the subs plus everyone will try to get an extra cuz she has 2 heads. then when they are trying to remove her from the cart so they can order keldor, he will sell out too cuz even though he is a bonus figure everybody will scoop him up cuz he's never had an "official" release before. then everyone will start threads at the matty forum and on the org crying about the 10 figure limit and saying they are done with the line. and you can write that down.

i got a sub for this year, so Im good to go on shera, keldor gonna be a tad harder to get i think.

I read your post. Mattel will never run their system like Sideshow does. There's no benefit for Mattel to do this, whereas Sideshow almost has to do this due to the amount of $$ involved with producing their statues.

Individual preorders for $20 toys would most likely drive the price up to $25 or more. Why? Because there is more work involved:

Currently: 5,000 subscriptions = 5,000 preorders to process
Individually: 5,000 figures X 12 months = 60,000 preorders to process

(*numbers used are only to illustrate the point)

I don't expect Mattel to run the system like SS, but after almost a year and a half of "gauging" demand they still seem to be missing the mark. Matty claims to have underestimated demand or under-produced due to collectors' interest. A better approach to how many figures is produced is needed, but then again I don't really care if they change the system or not. I was just using SS as an example, since they use the pre-order system to gauge the ES of products. I'll keep renewing my sub and just sell off what I don't want. The difficulty is in acquiring the bonus figures and exclusives (like flocked ear Mossman), which becomes annoying until the 2011 sub.

I got my shipping notice today. I should be getting Mossman Friday. :banana:banana

I want my shipping notice for Stratos & Moss-Man...

You know, I understand the whole flocked ears and how it is more rare and hard to get because less were made of him. But seriously...?

That version looks silly in comparison to the unflocked ears... Just because it’s out there collectors are going nuts for a less appealing version of the Moss-Man figure. Running changes were made to it because it didn't look as good as the one without flocked ears. This is one of those issues that turns me off some personalities in the collector world. Where some can believe an inferior version of the figure should earn an inflated price on the secondary market just because it’s more rare... It's not gold… It was the unfavoured version originally.

I just don't understand how people can justify paying an inflated price for it. I understand completest wanting it or people who preferred the look, but I can see how they would support an obtuse price hike on him???

I wanted a flocked ears Moss Man for nostalgia reasons, since it matches the vintage one. The original is my favorite MOTU figure ever for sentimental reasons, so I tried to get one in addition to my unflocked sub one. Unfortunately, the iPhone ain't exactly the best thing to face Matty's traffic with, and I was in the middle of nowhere at work trying to get him, so I missed out on him despite trying to order him at 11CST sharp. Not a big deal, I'm getting the sub one so it's not like I missed the figure entirely. Definitely not paying the prices people are asking for the flocked one now, either.

well the flocked ear moss man could have been flocked pink with a big dildo for a nose and people would still pay out the ass because of its rarity. I think the flocked ear looks like ass, but still wanted one for my collection.

What I don't understand is the need to have it right this minute. Why pay $80+ when it will be re-released :confused:

I happen to have a spare MIB regular King Grayskull that I may or may not sell to help fund Hot Toys.
So I went to look to see how much he goes for but check this nutter out!!:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KING-GRAYSKU...aultDomain_0?hash=item519020afc6#ht_500wt_920

AFA man!
Capitalism gone even madder! :(

This won't sell. Maybe list it for $500 and then roll the dice, but this guy is wasting his money, $0.35 at a time.

well the flocked ear moss man could have been flocked pink with a big dildo for a nose and people would still pay out the ass because of its rarity. I think the flocked ear looks like ass, but still wanted one for my collection.

Can you say "SDCC 2010 Exclusive?" I would wait 5 hours in line for a moss man with a pink dildo for a nose, just for the shock factor.

Used the order # reference trick on UPS' site and saw that both my sub package and separate DCUC 12/Stratos order shipped today. So if you haven't received an e-mail, be sure to try that.

tried the tracking thing from the reference number, but it doesnt show a receive by date. So far it just shows info received.

With the crap Matty has been doing I wouldn't be surprised if the flocked ears moss man is re-released eventually.

Back