Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL yeah, but not for plastic heads

I beg to differ. :naughty

lars.jpg

this is interesting

So I've seen a lot of fans commenting on similarities between the MOTUC bios and some comic book stories (specifically Green Lantern). Let me see if I can shed some light.

The bottom line is both MOTU and most modern superheroes are based on mythological motifs and themes. The concept and theme of "gods" or powerful beings giving weapons and objects of power to heroes to fight evil is as old as Greek, Egyptian, Chinese and other worldly myths.

So if you are seeing similar themes in MOTUC and comics books, it is not because MOTU is trying to rip off or copy comic books stories, but rather both comics and MOTU are both deliberately referencing mythology and ancient mythic themes.

Hope that sheds some light!

Scott

so does anyone still wonder where the idea of Tytus and where his Origin idea comes from? of course I know through study...alot of ideas coming from historical and Mythology facts/ideas...not just Man's imagination alone

so does anyone still wonder where the idea of Tytus and where his Origin idea comes from? of course I know through study...alot of ideas coming from historical and Mythology facts/ideas...not just Man's imagination alone

From what understand, there were supoosed to be giants in the early days of MOTU but it got dumped by the way side in favour or more technical toys.
When they decided to do The Powers of Graykull line, the lads at Mattel went back to look through some older more sword & sorcery ideas and they saw some giants and other unused concepts.

Megator for instance is like the early Beastman/Demo Man concepts.

"tacos. thousands of them." what? WTF are you talking aboot??:huh

Your accent is slipping from "Minnesota Nice™" to CANaYDEEIAN backwoods. :lol

Looks like they announced there will be more TRU two packs and they are revealing them at SDCC.

*fart noise*

What are these tacos you speak of, are they like pizza? :yess:

Aw Ski, my wife makes awesome tacos brosive. You should fly out on one of your cheat days have have dinner with my fam. You'd dig it, then you could visit Stormshadow and take in the awesomeness that is my collection.

From what understand, there were supoosed to be giants in the early days of MOTU but it got dumped by the way side in favour or more technical toys.
When they decided to do The Powers of Graykull line, the lads at Mattel went back to look through some older more sword & sorcery ideas and they saw some giants and other unused concepts.

Megator for instance is like the early Beastman/Demo Man concepts.

:lecture Eamon is cool and knows his ____.

Back