Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they got a new Two-face pic as well:

HarveyDent.jpg

Hopefully his suit stays grey. BR Joker's is nearly black. Its a very, very, very dark grey. :(

is there a bigger pic?

This is good news...especially the price drop and the TRU availability.
That pic makes me laugh...like Two-Face has just been told he's been cancelled or something. :lol

got the matty.com bank robber joker...pretty cool figure but way too light on the accessories for the price.

067-1.jpg

072.jpg

073-1.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

Last edited:
I received my Survival Suit Bruce Wayne figures the other day from Matty. Have to say I'm very impressed with it. The only thing that bugs me about it is that ALL three figures have the Joker as Gotham City Thug cardback. Seeing as though I wanted to keep two carded that kind of ruins it for me.

Only opened up one so far, think I'll wait and see if others have this same problem. All I need is Dent, Joker, and Two-Face (finally) and I can finally put this line to rest.

a little OT, but i made a video showing off my entire Batman movie collection of vehicles and some figures, take a look!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eI3R9WwaSOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eI3R9WwaSOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Whatever happened with these going back to TRU shelves?

Not until 'spring,' last we heard from Matty:

Here's how it'll go down: The Joker as Gotham City Thug figure started out here on MattyCollector.com, and will continue to be a MattyCollector.com exclusive as long as we've got stock. The remaining six figures in the line will be available here first, one each month for the new price of $15 each. Then this spring they'll all be available at Toys "R" Us except for The Joker as Gotham City Thug. At press time, here's how the line is slated for sale here at MattyCollector.com (subject to change, as always):

ON SALE NOW: The Joker as Gotham City Thug — a MattyCollector.com exclusive!
December 15: Survival Suit Bruce Wayne
January 15: Harvey Dent
February 15: The Joker with Missile Launcher
March 15: Scarecrow
April 15: Batman (Night Vision)
May 17: Two-Face

You know I always try to tell you like it is. While this strategy won't work for every Mattycollector.com line, when the second-highest grossing film of all time* is behind a toy line, it gives us a unique opportunity to bump up production numbers and offer it at retail as well so even more fans can get the characters they want.
I'll let you know as soon as we have expected on-shelf dates. We really appreciate everyone's support for this great line!
—Matty

I was waiting to get the Bruce Wayne today with Harvey to make the shipping sting less, but of course he was sold out :banghead

I got Harvey and a set of flight stands though.

I was waiting to get the Bruce Wayne today with Harvey to make the shipping sting less, but of course he was sold out :banghead

Saw one on ebay: https://tinyurl.com/ydg5wmt

Hmmm, I wonder if the online availability of the figures planned to be sold in TRU is less considering the BRJ figure is not yet sold out...

I decided when the TRU news broke, the only one I'd buy off the site was Two-Face. Once these things hit TRU, I figure the fact that a lot of collectors probably bought them online, combined with the fact that it will have been nearly 2 years since the film's release, should make these a bit easier to find than before....and no stinking $8.70 shipping.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about finding him at TRU. It just sucks that my plan backfired. I had to get Harvey though! Because for all we know, he might still be a chase figure at retail.

The Matty shipping is killing me. I'm just going to wait for them to hit stores. Hopefully they will be easy to find.

That or Harvey's just made in more limited numbers, I don't think he'd sell as well as Batman versions or Jokers, even the right Scarecrow figure. HT's line showed, people draw lines with Harvey/Two-Face sadly.

I got mine today. I already posted my thoughts on thefwoosh:

I got the figure too. I have plenty of other "guy in a suit" figures, Reservoir Dogs, The Godfather (well, that's a tux), Blues Brothers, etc. I don't wanna go off on a tangent about how Nolan's Harvey Dent wasn't 1/10th as interesting as the Diniverse version, I have no problem whatsoever with Aaron Eckhart etc., this is just not a figure of a character that transcends its "guy in a suit" trappings.

Still, it is what it is and it's pretty good at what it is. I never saw the complaints about the likeness. I always thought the proto looked like Eckhart and the production figure does too. He may have a kinda tarded look on his face but it's Eckhard looking tarded, not Conan O'Brien. The figure is almost all re-use (the jacket is actually slightly re-sculpted from the thug/BR Joker jacket, the buttons are flipped) but it works. Everyone in the "Ghostbusters" thread knows I'm all for reuse when appropriate and it is in this case.

I think the "dear sweet merciful God this figure is boring" sting would have been eased quite a bit by the thrill of finding it on a peg surrounded by tons of the standard Two-Face if it had been released as a chase but that obviously wasn't how the figure made it out.

As a $24 monthly figure it's pretty underwhelming.

But hey, maybe someday the figure will have some ironic "lamest figure of all time" thing going for it.

We've all heard stories that involve situations like where the drug-addict dad thinks to himself "what the ____ am I doing?" as he's is in his son's bedroom at 3am breaking open the piggybank to feed his meth habit and this figure is the action figure equivalent of that thought. I challenge anyone to look at this incredibly boring figure and not think "what the ____ am I doing?" as they realize they dropped $24 on this thing.

Last edited:
Back