Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that can't wait til they hit TRU, the Jail Cell Joker with the rocket launcher is now available on Matty. I expect him sold out in just a few days, perhaps even today as I expect he'll be more popular than Harvey.

I got my Interrorgation Joker with Rocket Launcher today. First, I must say the detailing on his shirt is amazing, especially for the scale. Yeah it is brighter than it should be, but it pops and really does look nice. Too bad I can't say the same for the face. It looks like they just shot grey paint all over his face instead of trying to just make the black paint sloppy, which ironically shouldn't have been hard for Mattel :lol

But the worst part of the figure is the hip articulation. Whoever desinged it should be fired and never allowed to make toys again. Insted of a standard T-crotch, the hips angle up slightly. What this means is he can't have his legs go forward enough to sit down. What else did he do in this outfit?!?! He can't even sit on the floor, let alone a chair. That is just an EPIC fail. I mean, as many years as the T crotch has been around, how could they mess up on someone like this?

If you see him at TRU in the Spring, I would recommend geetting it if you are OK with him standing.

After intially deciding to wait on the Jail cell Joker, I went ahead and bought him anyway on Matty.com - he arrived yesterday.

As Brant said, the fact that this guy can't sit is a tad frustrating considering the 2 best display options would be sitting on the floor or at the table. But, and correct me if I'm wrong here, this Joker shares the same hip articulation as the original one...so I'm not that surprised that Mattel reused the ridiculously large crotch to waist design.

The paint on the face is pretty bad. Not awful, but just vague/bland. It does indeed look like a new headsculpt - slightly smaller than the other Joker (a little too small actually) and different nose & lips. The shoes are less weathered than the coated version, and the pants and vest are brighter.

Other thoughts: The shirt is well designed, albeit a bit bright. The hands are well done, but would benefit from some touches of white/red/black. The rocket launcher is ok, however doesn't serve too much use with this outfit. For that matter, if I had a choice, I would've preferred his machine gun, hand gun or even shotgun instead. You can display the coated Joker with it I guess.

As with a lot of this line, this guy is somewhat of a disappointment. From a distance, he looks ok, and will fit in with the rest of the MM line, but he could've been better. I'd be interested to see someone try to repaint him. He is listed as "almost gone" on Matty.com, and IMO, you may as well just pick him up this spring at TRU if you really want him.

I just don't know why they couldn't use the Thug/Dent crotch/legs on him so he could sit down. I mean this sculpt never screamed "JOKER HAS TO HAVE THESE LEGS" to me. There wouldn't have been anything new there, just a better use of parts.

But that doesn't excuse the fact the Joker had those stupid hips to begin with on the first figure! I mean what purpose did they serve except LIMIT articulation? :confused:

Hi everybody... I'm totally lost about the release of the new movie masters.. I was concentrated on Hot Toys.

I'm looking for this new collection... The Joker bank robber, The Joker missile, Scarecrow, Harvey, Two-face and Batman Survival suit...
Why they are so limited I don't understand??

If someone can tell me where I can buy them that would be great... Thanks !!!

After a bit of finessing (no cutting), I was able to convince him to have a seat....pretty much:

https://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4303/47450588.jpg

Not great, but ok. It really is a shame they didn't use the other style articulation here. Excuse the crappy iPhone photo - I uploaded it on the go.

thanks for the pic pennyworth.... yikes but i think the hands look really bad!!! What happened to the paint there ?

Darn Mattel is just ripping collectors off for paying good money for a 6" figure...

Ewww! Pass. My custom looks better than that. Is BR Joker out? Any pics of that? I have a custom as well of that. Both my JC Joker and BR Joker are works in progress as the intricate shirt patterns need to be added but still, even unfinished they look better than that garbage they finally gave us.

Hi everybody... I'm totally lost about the release of the new movie masters.. I was concentrated on Hot Toys.

I'm looking for this new collection... The Joker bank robber, The Joker missile, Scarecrow, Harvey, Two-face and Batman Survival suit...
Why they are so limited I don't understand??

If someone can tell me where I can buy them that would be great... Thanks !!!

BR Joker is only available from Matty. Missle Joker is still available there. You are SOL on Survival Suit Batman and Harvey until TRU releases them in the spring. Matty will have Scarecrow next month.

They are limited because the line totally failed at retail.

thanks for the pic pennyworth.... yikes but i think the hands look really bad!!! What happened to the paint there ?

Darn Mattel is just ripping collectors off for paying good money for a 6" figure...

Yeah, the iPhone doesn't capture the figure that well. The hands are unpainted, but look better than pictured.

Ewww! Pass. My custom looks better than that.

Love to see your customs, wip or not.

He doesn't look bad in that pic Pennyworth. I personally cannot wait for all of these figures, except for Scarecrow. And I'm sure Batman will turn out really bad.

Love to see your customs, wip or not.

I really need to update this picture. I've resculpted and repainted the hair since this shot.
InterrogationRoomJoker.jpg

First time sharing this one I think:
16354_186748556793_594916793_307503.jpg

That was my second attempt. Here's how lousy my first one was:
Joker-Formula.jpg

And just for the heck of it, here's the others I've done:

Custom Scarecrows:
IMG_2045.jpg

Bruce Wayne:
IMG_2236.jpg

Mob Meeting Joker:
IMG_2326.jpg

If I see these Matty ones in TRU some day, I may change my mind and upgrade to those. Particularly the BR Joker one. Just his suit and pants need a repaint. Everything else looks amazing on him. The colors all over the BR Joker and that head? I just don't like it.

BR Joker won't be at TRU, he is a 100% Matty exclusive. He is the only figure they won't be releasing there, probably because they wanted $20 for him and then decided to do the TRU deal and knock them down to $15. I bet they just didn't want to piss off everyone that bought him at $20.

Back