Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

I do like this a little better than the SS version, but I need to know if it's true 1/6, or Medi 1/6. Is this an actual 12" figure.

If the Medi Anakin is the same size as Sideshow's it would be interesting to use the gloved arm and the boots of the Medi with Darren's head sculpt (and a few more tweaks here and there), and presto! You'd have a 300 dollar Anakin! :lol

If the Medi Anakin is the same size as Sideshow's it would be interesting to use the gloved arm and the boots of the Medi with Darren's head sculpt (and a few more tweaks here and there), and presto! You'd have a 300 dollar Anakin! :lol

Literally! :lol

Medicom got the costume a bit more accurate then SS, the tabbards and the cumberbun are closer to how they should look/colours are correct..IMO Darren's scupt is good but, not as good as Medicoms sculpt..i think Medicom has the SS one beat on almost all levels except the robe being that same material like Medicom's Jedi Luke(which is off) and the price(though its from Japan..what do you expect) i like them both though for different reasons.

Medicom got the costume a bit more accurate then SS, the tabbards and the cumberbun are closer to how they should look/colours are correct..IMO Darren's scupt is good but, not as good as Medicoms sculpt..i think Medicom has the SS one beat on almost all levels except the robe being that same material like Medicom's Jedi Luke(which is off) and the price(though its from Japan..what do you expect) i like them both though for different reasons.

I agree with everything you just said except for the part about darren's sculpt not being as good as medi's. That's crazy talk.

Yeah I think Darren's and Paul's look better.
I like this Medi Ani but it doesnt scream Hayden to me. In fact I think a repaint of the SSC sculpt is still good.
Nevertheless its a sweet figure (Medi) with only a few nitpicks from me.
I think in the end Ill stick with the SSC and get a repaint or a new sculpt

0617092323.jpg

0701092315a.jpg

I agree with everything you just said except for the part about darren's sculpt not being as good as medi's. That's crazy talk.

IMO...i just can't see Hayden in his resculpt, though his is way better then SS's stock sculpt with a good paint job that is.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even dumb ones. :monkey3 :D

I just dont see much of Hayden in the medi sculpt, I thing you have to like the Medi "stylized" faced to appreciate their none masked figures. Not my cup of tea. I like Darren's re-sculpt way, way, way better than this one.

This just does not look as much like Hayden as the Medicom pic below it.
anakin.jpg

20090701101614302.jpg.jpg
[/IMG]
The Medicom and PF have a better likeness.
72021_press03-001.jpg

This just does not look as much like Hayden as the Medicom pic below it.
anakin.jpg

20090701101614302.jpg.jpg
[/IMG]

You cant compare those 2 pics. First of all, look at Darren's earlier repaints of the same sculpt, and second these are 2 different angles, compare pictures with the same angle.

You do not need any specific angle to tell the differences here..the piece of hair coming over the forehead on Darrens sculpt..i can't remember in ROTS seeing Anakin ever looking like that.
Just look how close the Medicom and PF sculpts are..i can atleast see some likeness there to the actor.

Whoever said dont compare hand painted sculpts to mass produced figs was spot on. Stupid argument. Compare Darrens work to Les or Josh instead.:duh

Whoever said dont compare hand painted sculpts to mass produced figs was spot on. Stupid argument. Compare Darrens work to Les or Josh instead. Its like comparing wheelchair B'ball to standard. RIDICULOUS

//Thread!!

yeah, I agree with the 'can't compare them' comments.

Whilst I love that people like my resculpt of the Sideshow one, you can't really compare it as one is mass produced and the other is done one at a time by one person. Also, mine all look slightly different... everything I paint does. So that makes it even less sensible to compare them.

Having said all that... I don't really see Hayden in Medicom's sculpt there. But then I'm fully aware that we've all been spoiled by Hot Toys and Enterbay's 100% realistic sculpts lately.

anyway that pic of mine isn't the best angle. And it was before it was finished/eyes glossed etc. I was just showing the customer what he was getting. These heads I've painted over the months are probably more representative

anakins.jpg

20090707_6Medium.jpg

20090707_7Medium.jpg

Regarding the hair on the forehead, Valfar is absolutely right... Anakin never looked specifically like that in the film. I was just trying to 'mess it up' a little, as sometimes the hair wasn't so neat on his forehead.

But as it was my first time resculpting anything... I don't really mind if I got it wrong :lol

Back to the Medicom figure though. I think the clothes look great. (although I never had any problem with the SS ones... I just painted the boots with a wash of brown, and unstitched the leather tabbards from the belt and lowered them at the front). I don't think its a bad sculpt... and as a figure, I'm sure people will be very happy with it!

Any figure, when repainted will look different/better...although Hot Toys are getting really close to the time when nothing when need repainting.. ever :lol

Last edited:
Back