Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

You do not need any specific angle to tell the differences here..the piece of hair coming over the forehead on Darrens sculpt..i can't remember in ROTS seeing Anakin ever looking like that.
Just look how close the Medicom and PF sculpts are..i can atleast see some likeness there to the actor.

You actually do. Shadows can easily improve a sculpt that's off. To judge them best and fairly, both would need to be compared equally and in your comparison they're not. The medi is relying heavily on shadows which hide certain non-Hayden aspects of the sculpt.

I actually think you can compare a mass produced sculpt with a cutsom one, just based on the sculpt itself. And technically, when you make the multiple heads available to sell, you are actually "mass" producing them just in a much, much lower scale. Anyway, I never liked the stylized sculpt of the medi, and I hate when people use it as the excuse for a poor sculpt of that actor. I see more of Hayden on Darren's re-sculpt than Medi's.

I actually think you can compare a mass produced sculpt with a cutsom one, just based on the sculpt itself. And technically, when you make the multiple heads available to sell, you are actually "mass" producing them just in a much, much lower scale. Anyway, I never liked the stylized sculpt of the medi, and I hate when people use it as the excuse for a poor sculpt of that actor. I see more of Hayden on Darren's re-sculpt than Medi's.

I wouldn't worry about it. In that same post he said you couldn't compare custom pieces to mass market pieces and followed up by posting a customized Anakin. :lol

Its paint apps you cant and shouldn't compare between companies and customisers. The underlying sculpts all have their pluses and minus's, however factory paint jobs will always fall down against individual hand painted art from the likes of Darren, FML and D.A

Any news on this figure? At mwctoys.com, I briefly saw the figure in the background but he never posted any pics of it.

The new pics look pretty good. I can see the Hayden likeness in there.

I am surprised there are not more in-hand pictures of this figure by now considering that he is out in Japan.

Yeah, their have been. But i dunno he's pretty expensive even there. I like it, but kinda trying to steer away from prequel collecting. (i will nab him when he hits the clearance shelves :) looks good!)

Ugh, I saw this at ComicCon, outfit looks like crap, and the body of a 12 y.o...
I think I'm done with Medicom unfortunately... :monkey2
It was good while it lasted...

I bought one off ebay and I disagree with naysayers completely.

He looks fantastic and blows away prior Sideshow versions. This version actually looks like Hayden and the body matches his build. Medicom figures are slight smaller then Sideshow anyway, so there is a natural tendency by many to say they are skinnier/smaller.

I'm waiting to get my second figure in hand from Sideshow and will open & post a review with pics.

Looking forward to seeing in hand pics.

He looks fantastic and blows away prior Sideshow versions. This version actually looks like Hayden and the body matches his build. Medicom figures are slight smaller then Sideshow anyway, so there is a natural tendency by many to say they are skinnier/smaller.

I'm waiting to get my second figure in hand from Sideshow and will open & post a review with pics.

I hope you got it @ a good price. I have been checking ebay and a little to much for my wallet...:( But I really want one to go next to my SS ANH Vader..:sick

Looking forward to it!

Back