Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Yeah I want this, Ill display seperate from the SSC figs or something

I think this headsculpt looks alot more like hayden then anyone elses ive seen.

I totally agree!, they got the bags under the eyes on this one to make him look real stressed out lol, the jaw line looks right..totally blows all that i have seen so far out of the water, SS PF was good though..Medicom got the correct brownish colour on the leather tabbards right as well.

I don't know. I think my Darren Carnell creation beats it regarding sculpt.
anakin3.jpg

anakin2.jpg

anakin.jpg

Custom/Re-sculpt and Mass produced items are two different things. Try not to compare. :monkey3

I agree, some of the pics i have posted have the figure with a dark wash on the face for a darker tone but that's it. But it's still a massed produced figure, and i like Darrens a lot, but i love the medicom clothes.

dark wash

20090701101614302.jpg.jpg

regular

P5270276.jpg

P5270274.jpg

The more I look at this figure, the less appealing it is to me. I was trying to figure out why and here's my thoughts:
- The head sculpt looks off to me. The nose looks too wide and there's something odd about the jaw line.
- The clothes look too thick. The whole ensemble looks bulky, including the cummerbund.
- The tabbards, while the right length, have a seam right on the shoulders which detracts from the overall look.

It's like Medicom's Luke (a figure I do own and like a lot, interestingly enough), more of an interpretation of the character than an attempt at capturing the actor, IMHO.

I took these photo's at Medicom 1/6th store in Tokyo in May. Sorry they didnt turn out better. Its been amazing to see where they have turned up.
I agree, some of the pics i have posted have the figure with a dark wash on the face for a darker tone but that's it. But it's still a massed produced figure, and i like Darrens a lot, but i love the medicom clothes.

dark wash

20090701101614302.jpg.jpg

regular

P5270276.jpg

P5270274.jpg

Why does the figure's hair look gray in every shot?

Does anybody have this figure and the Sideshow one? I need to see them side by side for height comparison. With a little repaint, this one might beat the Sideshow one in my collection like MediMaul did.

i agree that the clothing looks too bulky, but other than that its a pretty nice looking figure.

Why does the figure's hair look gray in every shot?

Does anybody have this figure and the Sideshow one? I need to see them side by side for height comparison. With a little repaint, this one might beat the Sideshow one in my collection like MediMaul did.

This already beats SS Anakin, as it looks way more like Hayden then SS's did..though i still will be happy with my regular SS Anakin...but, if medicom make a good ROTS Kenobi then i may have to bite the bullet on both.

Last edited:

This already beats SS Anakin, as it looks way more like Hayden then SS's did..though i still will be happy with my regular SS Anakin...but, medicom make a good ROTS Kenobi then i may have to bite the bullet on both.

I agree neither SS or Medi accurately captures Hayden's likeness but I prefer the Medi. The SS is bulky and the mechanical arm is a pain in the a$$.

I will pick this up later. I want to pose with Medi-Vader and Medi-Luke as a family progression piece.

I will wait until SS offers on the gift card, reduced cost from retailers or from the sellers thread. I do not think it is worth the money being asked at the moment.

Back