Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Be careful with the legs when you stand him up, the feet are kind of loose and the boots are made of very soft plastic. Try to tighten the ankles ( or just switch out the feet with another figure ) So it doesn't fall over if you display him with out a stand

Be careful with the legs when you stand him up, the feet are kind of loose and the boots are made of very soft plastic. Try to tighten the ankles ( or just switch out the feet with another figure ) So it doesn't fall over if you display him with out a stand

maybe its top heavy because they put 4 pounds of cloth on his upper body?

No the ankles are actually loose. This is a new medicom body , all the joints are very smooth and easy to adjust. Unlike the other bodies which were ridged and tough to pose. But I think the ankles with the soft boots which give no resistance make it difficult to hold balance

He arrived :banana

He looks awesome tho still on the small scale. I won't have to worry about posing for about 6 mos. All my collectibles are being packed up while we sell the house and move into our new home. At least I got to look him over before putting him away. :(

I've opened him and I like with the exception of the loose hand issue.

As for comparisons against the SS version..well, no comparison for me..you be the judge.

Still reminds me of Javier Bardem.

34614362.jpg

another had more but couldn't review because of user privelages :(

As for comparisons against the SS version..well, no comparison for me..you be the judge.

please take this as not intending to be hurtful, but....

that picture is terrible. the sideshow looks... well.. like a drag queen in your shot, and the medicom looks like David Caradine.....

Try a little less flash, and perhaps a bit farther back? I find that taking pictures outdoors in the early morning, or around 3 in the afternoon provides the BEST results.

please take this as not intending to be hurtful, but....

that picture is terrible. the sideshow looks... well.. like a drag queen in your shot, and the medicom looks like David Caradine.....

Try a little less flash, and perhaps a bit farther back? I find that taking pictures outdoors in the early morning, or around 3 in the afternoon provides the BEST results.

No offense taken..but that picture is an honest, side by side comparison of what you are paying for, straight out of the package.

We all have an opinion and mine is that the Medicom is a superior product. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make..are you saying I should have modded them a bit? Because I don't believe you should have to when you pay that much for any toy.

No offense taken..but that picture is an honest, side by side comparison of what you are paying for, straight out of the package.

We all have an opinion and mine is that the Medicom is a superior product. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make..are you saying I should have modded them a bit? Because I don't believe you should have to when you pay that much for any toy.

No, I'm saying that your picture is not potraying either figure in a realistic manner. The skin on the medi, for example, looks extremely washed out, and, well, old-looking, as does the hiar.

the sideshow, on the other hand, his hair looks an... off color, and his skin looks... as if it's covered in powder, withno highlights of any kind.

Having seen the medi in person, and owning the sideshow anakin, I can say your picture dosn't do EITHOR figure justice, making BOTH of them look like poor hasbro attempts.

A better set of comparison photos would be to take each figure, alone, posed well, in excelent lighting. try to make each figure assume the same pose. This will highlight both the strengths and weaknesses of each figure much better.

As for medi being the superior product, tht is to be expected at the higher pricepoint, as well as being released 2 years later than the sideshow one, just as Sideshow's vader has 2 more years R&D over Medicom's.

I DO wish, however, that medicom would change 2 things on their star wars offerings.

Use actual leather, not plastic for the beltts, it makes them look cheap.
Do away with the candysabers.

As for modding, Modding is an option, never a requirement.
On all my medi figures,I've swapped parts from sideshow :)

Jedi luke has A sideshow belt and saber, I'll swap han's blaster and belt as well once i get one. My medi-maul has a sideshow saber, and I'm looking for a sideshow belt, and possibly a sideshow shirt as maul's costuime should be MUCH baggier than the medi one is. But i digress.

I hear you Lerath.

I used to create the perfect lighting set when I used to shoot product at Cons and Trade shows back in the day. Then I'd get ^^^^^ed out for making the product look "too pretty" in favor of the MFG's we were shooting.

Sideshow has a way of making their products look great online, and when it gets to consumers it's not even close.

They did do an amazing job on Maul however.

Sideshow has a way of making their products look great online, and when it gets to consumers it's not even close.

Actually, anyone who has been around here longer than a year or 2 will back me up when I say SSC historically does an ass job of taking photos of their product. Products are ALWAYS blasted based on their photos and then routinely praised when actual collectors get it in hand and take better pictures.

Seriously they both look like crap, the only difference is one piece of crap is cheaper than the other piece of crap...

My Sideshow Ani doesn't look like crap. It is still one of my favorite (especially after a repaint and a futz).

Even without a repaint SSC Anakin is a great figure. The costume is really well made and fits correctly, Medicom, at $150+ cannot say the same.

Even without a repaint SSC Anakin is a great figure. The costume is really well made and fits correctly, Medicom, at $150+ cannot say the same.

Based on these last pics of Medicom Anakin..the figure is clearly not "futzed" with..i think the whole shoulder talk thing is BS.The tabbards and the cumberbund just needs to be pulled down more and the SS figure has its positives but, those lips are ghastly..even in a interview with someone from SS they admit they wished they changed that on the figure.Almost looks like a Anakin stunt double meets Buffalo Bill.

I beg to differ.
The SSC Anakin's outfit isn't that great...
The pants are too wide, the leather tabards are too short and it's mostly the wrong (black) color.
I don't own the Medi Anakin, but from pics it looks that the only really poor part of the outfit is the cloak. The rest looks pretty good if futzed correctly.

My Sideshow Ani doesn't look like crap. It is still one of my favorite (especially after a repaint and a futz).

The sculpt/paint is terrible compared to what it could have/should have been, a repaint helps but it still doesn't look like Anakin (HS) (and this picture is a very good representation of the what the figure looks like after futzing):

SSC16anakin352.jpg

The medicom one isn't any better in the sculpt dept either...I think the best sculpt to date is the SS PF, now this should have been what the 1/6 scale HS looked like:

header.jpg

Here's a comparison of the two:
48.JPG

I beg to differ.
The SSC Anakin's outfit isn't that great...
The pants are too wide, the leather tabards are too short and it's mostly the wrong (black) color.I don't own the Medi Anakin, but from pics it looks that the only really poor part of the outfit is the cloak. The rest looks pretty good if futzed correctly.

Thats a good point also as the tabbards are supposed to be a bit longer in the front and Medicom got that right.If you can get the Medicom for like $100 then i think its a good idea, if you are a fan of this character and want a Anakin that looks more like Hayden and can pull off more natural looking poses/fighting stances.

Back