Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

that's easily fixable. Unstich them from the belt at the back, and you can pull the belt lower on his waist and the tabbards will be lower at the front. :)

I made new ones from leather:

DSC01363.jpg

:D

that's easily fixable. Unstich them from the belt at the back, and you can pull the belt lower on his waist and the tabbards will be lower at the front. :)

Yea thats true..as long as the back lengths would still be the right lengths after that adjustment, nothing wrong with doing that then i guess.I would hate to have to damage it to make it look more accurate..though its a $50-60 figure anyway..and then of course it needs a new body and a repaint too.I just display my SS Anakin in one pose beside SS ROTS Obi and its good enough for me.I would not mind owning a Medicom ROTS Anakin and Obi also though.I just look at it as one being American(though made in China) and the other Japanese,its neat to have different takes on some of your favorite characters in your collection.

The short tabbards may be inaccurate but I don't find it ridiculous looking.

The size of the medicom clothing makes the figure look absolutely ridiculous and laughable.

Yea thats true..as long as the back lengths would still be the right lengths after that adjustment, nothing wrong with doing that then i guess.I would hate to have to damage it to make it look more accurate..though its a $50-60 figure anyway..and then of course it needs a new body and a repaint too.I just display my SS Anakin in one pose beside SS ROTS Obi and its good enough for me.I would not mind owning a Medicom ROTS Anakin and Obi also though.I just look at it as one being American(though made in China) and the other Japanese,its neat to have different takes on some of your favorite characters in your collection.

Don't waste your time on a repaint, what you need is a Darranakin! :D
Seriously, I love Darren's re-sculpt. There's also Paul Carson's re-sculpt, but I don't remember seeing any fully painted...
As for the tabards, they're really easy to put together, just one of those things you don't want to do over and over though. Just go to a seamster and get some leather strips that you think might help and cut, glue and fold to your liking.
And I like the Sideshow body on Anakin, he looked lanky anyway, and the stiff boots will prevent ankle movement anyway.

But enough derailing the thread!

Don't waste your time on a repaint, what you need is a Darranakin! :DSeriously, I love Darren's re-sculpt. There's also Paul Carson's re-sculpt, but I don't remember seeing any fully painted...
As for the tabards, they're really easy to put together, just one of those things you don't want to do over and over though. Just go to a seamster and get some leather strips that you think might help and cut, glue and fold to your liking.
And I like the Sideshow body on Anakin, he looked lanky anyway, and the stiff boots will prevent ankle movement anyway.

But enough derailing the thread!

Nah man, i mean his re-sculpt facially looks better then SS stock head but, the hair i don't really like.Medicom has the best sculpt so far in 1/6th for Anakin..though..Vancei or whatever..his custom Anakin has a good Likeness, for statues, its obvious the PF is best.

I think there should be no more judgement/comparison until we see good "futzed" pics of this figure.

Here are my crappy pics. Sorry about the lighting i had to use a flash light.

DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0890.jpg

DSCN0891.jpg

Here is a comparison to a True Type

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0909.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

Nice pics!, the details are pretty weak on the glove compared to SS version.

Excellent pics, thanks man.
You should futz the tabards a bit though, pull them to make them longer in front.

No the ankles are actually loose. This is a new medicom body , all the joints are very smooth and easy to adjust. Unlike the other bodies which were ridged and tough to pose. But I think the ankles with the soft boots which give no resistance make it difficult to hold balance

does anyone have any pictures of this "new medicom body" I might FInaly be able to fix my spiderman once and for all...

Where is everyone buying their custom Anakin SS heads from? Being new here, I'm not sure who "THE guy" is here for go-to stuff like that.

Thanks in advance!

Look in the customizers section. I bought mine from Darren Carnall, and there's a different one from Paul Carson.
I don't know if they're still selling them, but you can try contacting them.

Back