Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Medi-World review* (not mine)

IMG_0717.jpg

Been waiting for this guy for a while, was mixed about the photos of the un-modded production models that I had seen but I pre-ordered him almost a year ago so I was kind of stuck. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

IMG_0704.jpg

I'm happy to report that he's awesome. Not just good, not just okay, but awesome. I was a little underwhelmed by a few things at first but after playing around with him a bit and taking these photos i'm very happy.

IMG_0712.jpg

PROS:
In my opinion, this is the best Hayden Christensen sculpt yet, better overall that anything GG, Hasbro or SS has been able to pull off, this is even better than most of the customs i've seen on SSF. True, he does look a little young (sort of like an EP2 Anakin with EP3 hair), but i'm digging it. The clothes are well made and perfectly tailored (except for the boots and the cloak, which i'll get to in the cons), and the accessories are very nicely done, including a lightsaber with a removable blade...

IMG_0708.jpg

and three words... force choke hand!

IMG_0697.jpg

"Don't make me kiiill you..."

Finally, the overall paint job is very good. The metal bits on the left arm gauntlet have a nice blue wash that brings out the details, the face has a very subtle and well done dark wash and the lips have a nice, natural pinkish hue.
The wash on the hair is a bit over done but i'll forgive it since the hair's so well sculpted. The stars of the show, however, are the eyes. There's no doll dot and an awesome gloss coat that make them look extremely lifelike, This is Hot Toys level work, people. I love it.

IMG_0699.jpg

CONS:
Well he's awesome, but he's not perfect. My number one complaint are the boots. This guy is NEVER going to stand on his own with these big rubbery floppy ass boots on his feet. Think Cyclops or Comic Spidey, only worse. On top of that the ankle joints on mine are really loose, so there's no way i'm ever not going to be able to use the stand, which sucks. Number two is the cloak, which is made of super thick material and looked stupid and bulky no matter how much I futzed it.

IMG_0703.jpg

Finally there's the height issue.

IMG_0702.jpg

I should've known better but after TDK and Piccolo being Hot Toys sized I had hoped Anakin would be the same, unfortunately not. The only reason he looks okay next to the various SS and Medi Troopers in these pics is because he's on the stand, standing straight up, and they're standless and in deep poses. And he looks really dumb next to Clone Obi (though that has more to do with Clone Obi's SS trademark big fat melon head than any wrongdoing on Medi's part) and that was really disappointing to me because I had hoped to pose them together.
The wash on the hair is a bit over done but i'll forgive it since the hair's so well sculpted. The stars of the show, however, are the eyes. There's no doll dot and an awesome gloss coat that make them look extremely lifelike, This is Hot Toys level work, people. I love it.

IMG_0699.jpg

Overall i'm very happy with this purchase. Most people are probably going to hold out for a deal (and get it) but i'm glad I jumped the gun on this one.

IMG_0701.jpg

Thanks for the info, Krayt.

It looks like he is all shoulders, though.

I'm gonna wait and hopefully get a deal on him, but I think he looks great. I personally like the shoulders as it gives him more of a samurai look that i like in some of the conceptual art that Doug Chang did for the prequels. Medi's price is ridiculous on him, but around $100 I can easily see myself picking him up.

review_anakin_3.jpg

ALL SHOULDERS! WITH LIPSTICK!!! lol.

Comment makes no sense...

I will admit though, SS under shirt looks way better then Medicoms here..but, thats about it IMO...maybe its just not properly futzed with in the pics.

Last edited:

Some things I like about it, some I dont. Im gonna stick with the SSC version.

the clothing is way oversized. If there was a Talking Heads video staring Star Wars figures, this would be in it.

review_anakin_3.jpg

ALL SHOULDERS! WITH LIPSTICK!!! lol.

Comment makes no sense...

I will admit though, SS under shirt looks way better then Medicoms here..but, thats about it IMO...maybe its just not properly futzed with in the pics.

That is one of the most poorly-futzed SS Anakins I've ever seen.

Here is a (slightly) better one:

img08223944057.jpg

the clothing is way oversized. If there was a Talking Heads video staring Star Wars figures, this would be in it.

:lol :lol :lol

When modded its even better. Still trying to decide on a repaint or new sculpt and paint for Anakin and Sith apprentice.

I like the Medicom Anakin better than the SST Anakin, but I like my custom Darren Anakin better than either! :D

That is one of the most poorly-futzed SS Anakins I've ever seen.

Here is a (slightly) better one:

img08223944057.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Yes yes, i know..as is the latest Medicom pics of Anakin are showing a poorly futzed figure as well..i was more or less comparing the width of the shoulders as the SS is wider of course. I feel the lips on SS Anakin is the weakest thing about the figure then the buck body.The SS's cumberbund is not as screen accurate as the Medicom, same with the tabbards being flat black on the SS and not a very dark brown like the Medicom(which is also canon to ROTS). The cloak on the medicom is not even close to the material seen on screen so, SS has it beat there as well. Medicoms headsculpt is overall the best i have seen yet but, it still is reminding me a bit of the Superman Returns figure they did except with longer hair(must be the eyebrows as well).

Three years ago i payed £25 for a Sideshow Anakin which after three years i am still incredibly happy with and now medicom are wanting over £100 for this yeah good luck with that the figure is good but not >£100 good.

you can't go wrong with either one of these figures. they are both great, but neither are perfect. they both require minor futzing to achieve perfection.... it just depends on which one is worth more to you.

the tunic and tabards look like they were manufactured for a 15" figure.

The rest of the figure looks good, but I can't get over how insanely big the upper half of the outfit is.

I am scheduled to get my Medi Annie today :banana

The bad news is we are selling our house and building a new one so all my figures I get over the next 6 mos. will be a brief glance then pack away :monkey2

Back