Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I got him in and as soon as I got him I did not even think about it and started taking off the cape which is all apart of my plan. Anyways I got it off after about 15 pain staking minutes. And it looks great so far. the original cape is actually glued to the first part of the flap and then sewed on so I got it off and I am going to glue my custom cape on when I get it in. I also took off the belt and head to get painted so as of right now I have a bare batman without a belt, cape or head sitting in my cabinet. Still about another 2 weeks away from it being complete due to painting. I will post pics later tonight since I am now off to work.

Can u show pics of how u took of the cape?

Thanks!

I cant show pics since I am off to work, but I basically lifted up the cape from the back of the neck and cut the cape off except for some excess around the leather tabs it is hooked to for easier removal. Once that was done the little pieces left on I pulled the metal wire out with pliers slowly. then I started unthreading it and slowly pulling up from the front which was glued to the tab. You will see underneath it is white from the glue.

sweet! cant wait to see that louie! i got mine today as well. really love him. hes awesome out of the box. cant wait to see the mods though. i may do them eventually too.

I cant show pics since I am off to work, but I basically lifted up the cape from the back of the neck and cut the cape off except for some excess around the leather tabs it is hooked to for easier removal. Once that was done the little pieces left on I pulled the metal wire out with pliers slowly. then I started unthreading it and slowly pulling up from the front which was glued to the tab. You will see underneath it is white from the glue.

Wow dude, takes some guts to rip the cape off right away!! Please keep us posted on how exactly you glue the buddylee cape on him, as I will do the same eventually!

I will post pics in a couple hours of the capeless medicom. But I just got a PM back from buddylee telling me my cape is in the mail. He actually made a custom cape for me. He used the TDK cape as a template and added about 3/4 of an inch of length in the back. He added the V in the neck and also added a little length in the arm to attach to the body. The original costume cape was too long and the TDK cape was way too short so this should be perfect.

I will post pics in a couple hours of the capeless medicom. But I just got a PM back from buddylee telling me my cape is in the mail. He actually made a custom cape for me. He used the TDK cape as a template and added about 3/4 of an inch of length in the back. He added the V in the neck and also added a little length in the arm to attach to the body. The original costume cape was too long and the TDK cape was way too short so this should be perfect.

Sounds great, my buddlee cape is also in the mail :D, but i'm shipping the head off today for the repaint, so in a few weeks time, my custom should come together too!

here are some pics of the capeless batman. The leather tabs can be seen clearly also there is room inside of the armor so I am going to push some of the cape into the armor and use fabric glue to glue it on the tabs.
DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0398.jpg

DSCF0399.jpg

here are some pics of the capeless batman. The leather tabs can be seen clearly also there is room inside of the armor so I am going to push some of the cape into the armor and use fabric glue to glue it on the tabs.
DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0398.jpg

DSCF0399.jpg

I am cursious to see your progress!
but could you take more sharp pictures of the place where you are going to push the cape into...that is not clear at all.

Yeah my camera sucks so that is a negative lol. But if you can see the tabs on top f the shoulders there is a little bit of room in between the leather tab and the shoulder plate. I can easily push one of Buddylees capes in just a tad and then glue the rest to the tab. I also am doing this because once I have it in the pose I want I do not move them at all to take pictures or anything they stay in my cabinet, so I would not recommend this to everyone but I cannot wait until it is done because I hate the medicom wire cape. I will get the belt in soon and then the head back in a couple days from being painted and then the cape is on the way and should recieve it by the end of the week.

I did the head (widening) mod, looks great, just need to figure out how to put it back in place, don't want to glue it permanently so i'll probably try blu tack, no pics through since I am now shipping head to get repainted, but will be back in a couple of weeks hopefully!

Thanks for the tutorial kazukijun!!!

I did the head (widening) mod, looks great, just need to figure out how to put it back in place, don't want to glue it permanently so i'll probably try blu tack, no pics through since I am now shipping head to get repainted, but will be back in a couple of weeks hopefully!

Thanks for the tutorial kazukijun!!!

No probs! Just be sure to show us the repainted head!!!
I can't wait to see how it looks like.

Yeah my camera sucks so that is a negative lol. But if you can see the tabs on top f the shoulders there is a little bit of room in between the leather tab and the shoulder plate. I can easily push one of Buddylees capes in just a tad and then glue the rest to the tab.

what is the rest?

also we cannot make clear what those white spots are

The suit looks ace in those pics.

I imagine lforigno means he will stuff only the very tips of the new cape inside and glue a portion onto the white bits shown in his pics to hold the cape in place.

Last edited:
The suit looks ace in those pics.

I imagine lforigno means he will stuff only the very tips of the new cape inside and clue a portion onto the white bits shown in his pics to hold the cape in place.

correct. thanks buddy. Yes i apologize for my camera being awful but the white bits are what the cape is attached to in the first place so I am doing exactly what was done to the new cape as they had with the original.

Sweet.

Your pics almost have me convinced to drop dough on this guy. Even though the flash has altered the colours, it looks the most slim I have seen and FINALLY some pics to show the back detail!

dude trust me you will not be disapointed. He really looks great and Josh from Small_Studios is even doing my repaints for the head and plus buddylee is making a new custom cape for this so it will look great once is it done.

He just arrived! WOW! He is so slim and detailed. The headsculpt is fantastic. His chin skin colour is perfect..next to HT batman he makes HT look too dark. His suit is the spitting image of the real film costume and because his gauntlets are attached to his arm unlike the loose HT bats ones, his posability is so much easier and looks much more natural and realistic. His belt colour only looks too bright when next to HT rather dark gold one but a swap maybe imminent! His wired cape is a bit of a pain to begin with and seems to have a mind of its own but once u get it under control it hangs really nicely. the overall quality is not as good as HT, I think HT earns its pricetag through quality but because it looks SO much better than HT, Medicom is the winner. I honestly thought HT could not be beaten but this guy has done it. The head sculpt only looks elongated in photos I have seen, in hand it is perfect. His eyes are slightly directed upwards giving him a more angry expression when the head is tilted down and you can tilt his head down much further than HT. Superb figure all round. My cam is being daft so will try get some photos up later.

He just arrived! WOW! He is so slim and detailed. The headsculpt is fantastic. His chin skin colour is perfect..next to HT batman he makes HT look too dark. His suit is the spitting image of the real film costume and because his gauntlets are attached to his arm unlike the loose HT bats ones, his posability is so much easier and looks much more natural and realistic. His belt colour only looks too bright when next to HT rather dark gold one but a swap maybe imminent! His wired cape is a bit of a pain to begin with and seems to have a mind of its own but once u get it under control it hangs really nicely. the overall quality is not as good as HT, I think HT earns its pricetag through quality but because it looks SO much better than HT, Medicom is the winner. I honestly thought HT could not be beaten but this guy has done it. The head sculpt only looks elongated in photos I have seen, in hand it is perfect. His eyes are slightly directed upwards giving him a more angry expression when the head is tilted down and you can tilt his head down much further than HT. Superb figure all round. My cam is being daft so will try get some photos up later.

YUPP! It really is that good. But I still think the skin colour was off and that the head was slightly too slim, so i'm doing those mods. Also may do the cape mod if Iforigno can successfully pull it off and show us how it's done! After all that... i think it will blow everything away!

Back