Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d'oh! sorry, I forgot to elaborate on the head mod.

I just heated up the base of the head with a heat gun and then squished it between my thumb and finger with my thumb on his face and finger on the back of his head, widening the face and giving it the rounder look. then I held it there while blowing on it till it cooled off. one side where people have been cutting it (on the seam) did start to split open a little, but it's no biggie once it stiffened up.

did you use a hobby grade heat gun or a hair dryer on full heat setting

and YES ACE MOD

Yeah the poseable cape is cool and all.. but imo it doesn't looks nearly as good as when you put on a smaller/thinner cape. Those shots look sick. That repaint from rismo looks great as well. So exactly how big are the thighs? In some pics they look Chung Li big.. and in others it looks like they're the same size as the HT figure!? :confused:

Yeah the poseable cape is cool and all.. but imo it doesn't looks nearly as good as when you put on a smaller/thinner cape. Those shots look sick. That repaint from rismo looks great as well. So exactly how big are the thighs? In some pics they look Chung Li big.. and in others it looks like they're the same size as the HT figure!? :confused:

the thighs are not as big as in person as the pics show. They are not super thin but honestly I think they look great in person.

did you use a hobby grade heat gun or a hair dryer on full heat setting

and YES ACE MOD

thanks! regular hobby heat gun. the head itself is already a little flexible. it's the baseplate with the peg hole that is pretty stiff. just put heat on it a little at a time, should only take a couple of seconds before it able to flex between your fingers. just keep the heat restricted to the bottom and you'll be fine. I've only ever used a heat gun for this type of stuff, so I'm not sure how this translates to a hair dryer.

if I think of it I'll snap a pic of the bottom when I pop it off to paint the eyes.

The head mod looks wrong to me, makes it look like the HT version which is wrong, and elongated. The nicest thing about the Medi is that head with it's narrow edges. Just my 2c

this figure is amazing! it wasn't till I had it in-hand side-by-side with my HT version that I realized how messed up the HT one really is. I even modded my HT and he still looks quite the fatty. can't wait to see what HT does with the DX cause they totally just got served.

a face repaint and belt swap are pretty mandatory to complete the look and only takes a half hour or so. and I only recently started painting heads, so it can't be that hard :)

I've only had time this week to paint my face. used the HT as a model for coloring. I started his eyes by just darkening what was already there, but I want to totally redo them from scratch and give him a new belt.

here's a shot of what I have so far.

_MG_2455.jpg

_MG_2456.jpg

Outstanding job. I may have tried this method myself but i've already taken the base off.. hmm actually maybe i can heat the base and expand it, and then attach it to the head?

more simple mods for the belt and grappling gun.
i've added more depth to it so it doesnt look much like toys anymore.

heres a comparison before n after
belt01f.jpg

and some diff views
belt02.jpg

belt03.jpg

belt04.jpg

and the gun comparisson
gun01.jpg

basically these are just simple black wash..at the end i think it also helped to tone down the plasticy saturation it once had.

thx all!

c'mon guys,just get this figure already! personally,i think even if the dx ver is going to kick ass, u wont go wrong buying this figure.

or at least it will be the best looking and coolest mistake u've ever done. :p

Back