Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said before, it's not the height that really is the issue to me... it's the body scale. They are much to thin and tiny. I understand that Japanese people are thinner than Americans, but that doesn't matter IMO. Indy is American, and Indy was an average sized man, not very thin, kinda muscular. And with that body, it's just a drastic change in my eyes.

Now, if you took that head and gear and put it on a slightly thicker body, I would understand.

If I had an entire collection of Medi figures, it wouldn't be a problem. But with my mixed collection of HT and SSC figures, he would look pretty odd.

Maybe you could get a "massive" body loose and customize your Indy.
I'm not enough of an Indy fan to get these, but they do look really nice.

Sideshow updated the estimated shipping for these two from 3rd quarter to August.

With Sideshow's Raider's Indy pushed back, will be happy to at least be getting these two to tide me over...they are both a birthday present, which was yesterday.

I don't own any Medicom figures, so I am really looking forward to getting my hands these two.

Sideshow updated the estimated shipping for these two from 3rd quarter to August.

With Sideshow's Raider's Indy pushed back, will be happy to at least be getting these two to tide me over...they are both a birthday present, which was yesterday.

I don't own any Medicom figures, so I am really looking forward to getting my hands these two.

I've held off on these (especially the awesome looking Sr.) but if nothing is announced at SDCC then I'll probably pick a few of them up.

37_pict0025_2.jpg

37_pict0026_2.jpg

Still awfully tempted by that Jones Sr. If something isn't announced at SDCC he might just have to be pre-ordered.

Jones Sr looks alright still. They both have that smooth plastic look Medicom usually has with their figures.

I think the hat has really improved on Indy...and to be honest, I really like the headsculpt, now. I think the mouth area is stellar. There's a great sense of expression in his face. Honestly, I'm actually a little less wowed by Henry than I expected to be.
Trev

The Medicom Han Solo sculpt is one of the best 1/6 likenesses I've seen of Ford IMO. If they resculpted the hair and stuck a hat on him I think they'd have a close to perfect Indy.

sdcc2008_sideshow_medicom_14.jpg

Back