Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Menlojames 2011 customs

Reworked the clothing and paint job and upgraded my Book of Eli figure making him more accurate minus the lighter hair that I used a new technique on, I might darken it but I kind of like it this way making him older looking even though its not screen accurate. I also put more detail into a fantastic sculpt by Sunohc that I had already painted but didn't do justice to so I am now happy with my paint work to it.
img0657v.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img0662mw.jpg
img0663r.jpg
img0665ce.jpg
img0669f.jpg
img0670ze.jpg
img0671en.jpg
img0672i.jpg

i like the skin tone of your paintwork, but the eyes... you definitely need to work on the eyes again.

i don't want to insult you, i just want to give some constructive critics. they look like there is coming blood out of the eyes or something. It doesn't look good, overall the sculpts are looking very ill when you see it as a completed work. I don't know why you're painting the eyes pink with red. Try to paint them white around, maybe that would improve the look of it.

Denzels skin tone is again really really great, but the hair is again a bit overdone i think.

So please don't get me wrong, but if you could work a bit on the eyes, I'm sure it will look really really great :)

Your HS's are unique - how do you do them??

I was thinking the same thing. Is it how you paint them? It looks like there is an internal glow to them, a kinda transparent feel which appears unique. Maybe it's the way you photograph them? Looking good. :clap

Thank you krec9!

Thanks rfr5671, I beleive it is the way that I paint them. I start off with mr. Color enamel paints then seal it then use some pastel chalks, then seal it then go over it with thinned down liquidex acrylic flexh mixture tones and that is the effect I get. I have tried all kinds of different techniques though was messing around and came up with this one and I liked the effect so I stayed with it.

Thanks again for looking and for your kind words!:1-1:

I have been meaning to modify the HT terminator Technoir Damaged head by drilling his eye and using sculpey to make the robotic eye. I finally did but the pictures didn't turn out to well because its night time and the lighting? So here he is I'll Be back Police station version.

img0863xj.jpg
img0880d.jpg
img0882ju.jpg
img0883ow.jpg
img0884zb.jpg
img0891ar.jpg