Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Conan In progress

amazing!!!! where is the body from?? are you going to paint the body as well? in the last pic, the face looks so real - that's one heck of a paint job.

Thanks guys, The body is a WWE maximum Aggression fully articulate body. I can't say enough about these bodies as the articulation is fantastic and the muscles even have veins. Reinhardt I am going to paint the body and face with Black war paint, though I have been checking everywhere to find out what the back of Conan's war paint looks like I guess It's time to watch and pause the movie again! I don't think Necca's 7" figure is out yet for reference of his back.

James, that is looking awesome man, I can't wait to see the war paint on him.

Chris

DUDE... CROM is pleased! :rock:rock:rock

I can't wait to see it finished. I'm actually doing the EXACT same custom myself. I have the sword, the head (working on the hair), still need the body and clothing bits. I love what you are doing with it, exactly what scene I am out to recreate. :duff

Thanks guys, The body is a WWE maximum Aggression fully articulate body. I can't say enough about these bodies as the articulation is fantastic and the muscles even have veins. Reinhardt I am going to paint the body and face with Black war paint, though I have been checking everywhere to find out what the back of Conan's war paint looks like I guess It's time to watch and pause the movie again! I don't think Necca's 7" figure is out yet for reference of his back.

the NECA figure is out now. i haven't seen any myself, but have seen people with open pics of them.

awesome work man. can't wait for more updates.

I was able to find some time last night to put some more work into this project/Dream and I wanted to share what I have so far. I still have a lot more to do but I am happy with how this is turning out.
img0748gc9.jpg

img0750hx4.jpg

img0752rv6.jpg

Looks great James.... just a suggestion though... If you happen to have some DC 13" figures or Marvel Studios deluxe 12" figures... I'd suggest you to use their hands as they are more proportioned for this muscular body.

And when it comes time for the sword... Go on Ebay and get the Marto Conan min sword. It's 1/6th scale and PERFECT for a Conan fig. All you have to do is wrap the handle with something to make it right, or paint it. I wrapped mine in brown thread.

DSCN4943.jpg

Ashton16 - Thanks, I have wanted one for some time as well and Hopefully I can finish him soon. I just watched some scenes and know know how his back and arms should look for the War paint.

uscmhicks - Thank you, I am going to put a lot of work into this tonight.

Reinhardt - Thanks, I hope to post some more advanced updated pictures tomorrow morning. I am even more inspired after watching a couple of scenes to diagram how I'm going to finish him.

DarkArtist81 - Thank you, I can't wait to see yours as I have checked out your website quite a few times and love all your work! Thank you for the heads up on your sword I love the changes you made to it. I'm thinking of ordering His dad's sword as well for another version I want to make once I finish this one.

Xenoviper - Thank you for your advice on the hands, I recently bought a couple of sets of Twisting Toysz multi Purpose Hands as they look realistic and can work with dragon or Hot Toys bodies. I did add some epoxy to his for-arms to make them the right length. I didn't even notice the proportion difference when I added these hands, so thank you so much for catching that. I do have some DC Direct and Marvel Studios hands that I will try. As always I am a fan of your work and love how you are always able to make improvements to your already amazing work to make it even more amazing. This is something that I am trying to do to improve on my customs.

And when it comes time for the sword... Go on Ebay and get the Marto Conan min sword. It's 1/6th scale and PERFECT for a Conan fig. All you have to do is wrap the handle with something to make it right, or paint it. I wrapped mine in brown thread.

DSCN4943.jpg

Damn Josh, you couldn't be more correct. Excellent advice. Thread wrap looks great too.

Still a lot more to do but War paint is complete! I took Xenoviper's advice and changed his hands (still need to paint them)
img0755yu6.jpg

img0753fp1.jpg

here are some pics of the Neca's figure. hope they're helpful and sorry they are kinda blurry.

and excellent work!

100_0547.jpg

100_0552.jpg

ian1138 - Thanks, I just added his wrist guards and some real hair to the head. I got the idea form Looking at FigureMaster Les amazing Joker head with the sculpted and real hair, I loved that look and thought I would give it a try.

Lord Vicious - Before I started posting on this board I used to always check out everyones work and the detail in clothing and accessories you did on this custom are fantastic as well as the real hair look! I think if you put that custom which already looks amazing on a WWE body like the one I'm using It would give it more articulation and a little different of a look. I think that Conan look is one of the toughest as all clothing has to be customized.

McHavyck - Thank you and I appreciate the Neca pics. I searched everywhere in AZ for the figure, couldn't find one and then decided to watch and Pause the movie again and draw the markings for reference. I will definatley use your pictures for waist clothing improvements and sword holster details.

Ashton16 - I agree with you I want a Conan like Lord Vicious. Down the road I will attempt to create that version and hope it comes close to that custom.

I added a little more detail last night with some real Hair and wrist guards.

img0760cv2.jpg

img0758ml7.jpg

Back