Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Bond

looks pretty good! suit looks a bit big though. head paint is great - nice texture on the head. you may want to touch up the eyes though.

Thanks Reinhardt I painted the head up for about 2-3 hours off and on and after looking at it so long I couldn't tell how bad the eyes looked. One of the reasons I love taking pictures of figures is pictures show all flaws. I will fix the eyes and post updated pictures soon. after resting my own eyes and looking at his eyes this morning Yikes!

That's why I hate taking the pictures:D. But really, yeah the pics help so much it finding the things that need touch up. Nice work.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks dwing, you hit the nail on the head about every flaw showing up in pictures. That is one of the reasons I use Imagshack and post in the Freaks forums, to get better and improve on my customs.

Thank you Dunedin, after seeing the movie yesterday I had to get a beat up dirtied up Craig in my collection

that looks relly cool. I like your painting style, it is very unique. The eyes definitely look better now.

Thank you Die, I have a lot of fun painting up heads and making characters from movies I love. I learn so much every time I look at the work of all the amazing talent on this forum and try to experiment to have more fun and make my figures look even more realistic.

Thanks Voorhees27, I appreciate your kind words. I have a couple of suites I have been trying to match up with him but they didn't fit right and didn't look right. I stopped at a toy store today and got the best 1/6 suits I have ever seen. they are from the Resivoir Dogs from Side show and the shirt in the picture below is from sideshow Scarface.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Terminator WIP

Just finished painting this head. I have all the clothing for this figure and will post updated pictures of complete figure soon.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm just about done with him now, I just finished weathering his suite.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice work ! Now go dirty up his shoes a little . :)

Quick question for you, how did you modify the head to fit that body ? I know that the neck is sculpted to the body and it looks as though you haven't done anything to the head. I'm about to use the same body and was wondering how to go about it?

Thanks paulcarson, I ended up using a hot toys body with the hands from the Soldier story body. Though I would have used the SS body but since I had already painted the head I didn't want to dremel or cut the neck and have to repaint the chin and head again. though If you have not started painting the head yet, just cut then sand down the neck with a dremel like tool. I hope this helps I use my Dremel all the time.

Thanks ! I like those SS hands better than hot toys hands. I'll probably end up going the same route. Very nice figure btw !

Re: Terminator WIP

I got some of those saturday biker suites off of ebay recently and have always loved the amazing Terminators that Xenoviper creates. I had these terminator heads for a while and recently ordered some amazing heads from Imaresqd1 so I though I should get them painted up before I get the new ones (I can't wait!!) And wow that new one Xenoviper just posted, absolutely amazing. I don't know what it is but there is somthing about painting These terminator heads that makes them so much fun. here is one I did today.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice Paintjob!
If you are doing a T800 from the first movie you will need cargo pants rather than leather ones if you go for a movie accurate version. There is a cheaper option than going for the Hot Toys ones when they (rarely) pop up on e-Bay, and that is to get the green CIA pants from Hot Toys (a fraction of the price).
Also, here is a link for weapons... https://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Arnold_Schwarzenegger
The Armalite is impossible to get, but you can use a G3 or some mix of M16 rifles chopped and stuck together. It depends on weather you want movie accurate or your own spin on it!
Dizzy:google

Thanks Dizzyarse, I appreciate your advice on the cargo pants and weapons. Your Terminator looks great! I can't wait to complete my figures, I find that I have a lot of heads that i paint and for some reason I'm not completing my figures on their bodies unless I see the movies again and get inspired or see the work of all the amazing customizes on this forum. Thank you!

Re: First time Post! Marv Sin City Custom

that looks cool i thought it was the russian from the first punisher movie

Back