Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely have to buy it one of these days.
n5145472f19a8a.gif

I cant remember what my life was like before this game.

n5145472f19a8a.gif

I cant remember what my life was like before this game.

It was a blast, my expectation of it was pretty low but after playing it numerous times it completely turned me. I still think Koji Pro's version would of been a more "Solid" game. There is stealth in the game, but it's pretty thin and it falter very easily.

I just havent had the spare cash yet :(. Its £20 right now at Zavvi.com!

I have the Shinkawa steelbook, i just need the other then im happy. If i get a Play Arts i want the white one more for some reason.

Do you guys think the Wooden sword with Snakes soul DLC will come to the west??

I just havent had the spare cash yet :(. Its £20 right now at Zavvi.com!

I have the Shinkawa steelbook, i just need the other then im happy. If i get a Play Arts i want the white one more for some reason.

Do you guys think the Wooden sword with Snakes soul DLC will come to the west??

I would imagine, did it come out in Japan yet?

I think it came out quite a while ago, it was the first revealed DLC for Rising.

Im mostly excited for it just to see if Hayter comes back, i think it'll force Kojima to explain his reasoning for booting him out, and what his future is!
I need clarity dammit

I think it came out quite a while ago, it was the first revealed DLC for Rising.

Im mostly excited for it just to see if Hayter comes back, i think it'll force Kojima to explain his reasoning for booting him out, and what his future is!
I need clarity dammit

He's said numerous times he's not done with Solid Snake. I think a lot of people will be team Solid Snake since the new VA won't be able to fill the shoes, no matter who they are or how well they play him.

I just never got around to getting it. I'll definitely have to buy it one of these days.

It is good. I too had low expectations like Pliss but i was pleasantly surprised.

Once you've upgraded everything and bought the FOX Blade though i thought it did get a bit boring, even on the harder difficulties. That's after a good 12-14 hours playtime

None the less it's definitely a sound purchase. Not sure if i consider it canon... I think your'e lulled into thinking it's canon because it's Raiden and your familiar with him

It is good, definitely not boring. I too had low expectations like Pliss but i was pleasantly surprised.

Once you've upgraded everything and bought the FOX Blade though i thought it did get a bit boring, even on the harder difficulties. That's after a good 12-14 hours playtime

None the less it's definitely a sound purchase. Not sure if i consider it canon... I think your'e lulled into thinking it's canon because it's Raiden and your familiar with him

I think it's pretty far removed from the canon series. Especially with the ending of MGS4, Raiden was done fighting and wanted to spend time with his family.

It's a nice little offshoot aside from the ridiculous technology in it but I don't consider it canon.

I do want sequels to this.

I think it's pretty far removed from the canon series. Especially with the ending of MGS4, Raiden was done fighting and wanted to spend time with his family.

It's a nice little offshoot aside from the ridiculous technology in it but I don't consider it canon.

I do want sequels to this.

But it is canon. It's so drastically different on purpose, hence the title change :lecture

I believe the explanation of why he got back into war/fighting was because he couldn't land a normal job. Even without the cyborg body, his "normal body" was still cyborg and all the markings visible. As a last resort, he became a body guard for important people so he wouldn't have to fight, and if he did, it would be passively to protect. This game of course shows why he got back into the game, so to speak.

As far as I know, a sequel was pretty much confirmed by Kojima, unless Platinum Games suddenly signed out - but they also showed that they wanted to continue the Rising franchise.

Kojima also said that MGR 2 will run (if all goes well and as intended) on the Fox Engine. He went on to state that it was their original intent with Rising for Platinum to use the Fox Engine, but due to time constraints, they couldn't do so.

Secondly, Kojima and Platinum have been bickering about who the main protagonist of MGR2 should be. Kojima wants it to be Grey Fox, while Platinum thinks Raiden deserves more love and his own franchise like Snake, and so they want to continue with him in 2 as well.

Personally, I would like for 2 to have Raiden as the main character again, but for 3 to be sort of a parallel to MGS3, in which it is a prequel in ways. Instead, this time you have Grey Fox instead of Naked Snake, hah.

But it is canon. It's so drastically different on purpose, hence the title change :lecture

I believe the explanation of why he got back into war/fighting was because he couldn't land a normal job. Even without the cyborg body, his "normal body" was still cyborg and all the markings visible. As a last resort, he became a body guard for important people so he wouldn't have to fight, and if he did, it would be passively to protect. This game of course shows why he got back into the game, so to speak.

I never heard it was canon? I thought that was the whole point of it being in a parallel universe or whatever

I just had this crazy dream where we Platinum made a Samurai Jack game. That's the coolest thing ever. ARghhhh!!!

Back