Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the game and just finished it. Only took 6 hours.

Even hough its short, this game is fantastic! whole lotta fun.
decent story, Great bosses, amazing art design. This is MetalGear alright.

The cutscene/gameplay balance is great here,

glad you liked it.
there is so much more to be done.
I am over 42hrs of gameplay.
just killed monsoon on very hard.
addicting game.

glad you liked it.
addicting game.

Good that you are playing on "Very Hard" as it will be good training when you play Revengeance Mode!

It keeps you on your toes and makes you keep your guard up!

Challenging and fun at the same time.

Gee you are committed :lol

I got S Ranking when defeating Sam.

I love doing that counter move that takes off like 50% or more health from him.

You using Fox Blade / Wig B?

It's a absolute necessity. I really appreciate that feature when fighting Sam, allows you to bypass that whole Sam fighting using Melee section of the battle.

I think you need to beat it under 3:00 and you need like 1200BP which you get from cutting the boulders he flings at you.

Without a doubt the most grueling Platinum I've ever gotten. Monsoon made me ponder suicide :pow Took me at least 100 retries.

It's a absolute necessity. I really appreciate that feature when fighting Sam, allows you to bypass that whole Sam fighting using Melee section of the battle.

I think you need to beat it under 3:00 and you need like 1200BP which you get from cutting the boulders he flings at you.

Yeah man! I too, using Fox Blade / Wig B / White Armour.

Sounds about right with the BP, cause did fought him once, no damage but only got A Rank.

Then did it again, sliced the boulders and get S Rank!

Without a doubt the most grueling Platinum I've ever gotten. Monsoon made me ponder suicide :pow Took me at least 100 retries.

For sure!

This guy just pisses me off with his smoke grenades :gah: He throws 2 and it takes off a bit of your health.

But once you attack him in a rhythm, he's easy.

Even when playing Revengeance mode, while equipped with Fox Blade, the enemy can block it...

So you got to hit'em one more time to slice through the armour... You notice that?

Yeah man! I too, using Fox Blade / Wig B / White Armour.

Sounds about right with the BP, cause did fought him once, no damage but only got A Rank.

Then did it again, sliced the boulders and get S Rank!

For sure!

This guy just pisses me off with his smoke grenades :gah: He throws 2 and it takes off a bit of your health.

But once you attack him in a rhythm, he's easy.

I was able to get through Monsoon pretty easily but when you get him down under 20% it gets tricky. I would get him down to 10% and he's supposed to go into his final attack animation when he throws the bundle of tanks at you but for some reason he never did that except for the last time I fought him.

He's not as difficult as some people make him out to be, but it's silly **** why you end up getting tagged with damage. The smoke grenade attack is annoying, I counted it out that he does 10 attacks and the smoke phase ends. But you need to be careful, he can either bounce away from the final attack you block or he goes right into like a 4-5 hit combo which I can never seem to block :dunno

I'm much better with blocking now with him though.

Did you try mission 18 in VR? It literally took me 100's of retries to finally get through it.

Even when playing Revengeance mode, while equipped with Fox Blade, the enemy can block it...

So you got to hit'em one more time to slice through the armour... You notice that?

The best weapon to use on Bosses in Revengeance mode or any mode for that matter is the Murasama blade, it's got the quickest attack/reaction of all the weapons on the game. It does just as much damage as Fox minus the special cutting ability yet that does not matter against Bosses.

I was able to get through Monsoon pretty easily but when you get him down under 20% it gets tricky. I would get him down to 10% and he's supposed to go into his final attack animation when he throws the bundle of tanks at you but for some reason he never did that except for the last time I fought him.

He's not as difficult as some people make him out to be, but it's silly **** why you end up getting tagged with damage. The smoke grenade attack is annoying, I counted it out that he does 10 attacks and the smoke phase ends. But you need to be careful, he can either bounce away from the final attack you block or he goes right into like a 4-5 hit combo which I can never seem to block :dunno

I'm much better with blocking now with him though.

Did you try mission 18 in VR? It literally took me 100's of retries to finally get through it.

Yeah true man! Know the feeling :lol Well at least you got him :D

I still Youtube the IGN S Rank Videos and they make it look so easy... Like What?!

Ah gee, VR Missions! I still gotta get to that.

Will have to give it ago, just that I keep replaying the chapters cause it's fun!

The best weapon to use on Bosses in Revengeance mode or any mode for that matter is the Murasama blade, it's got the quickest attack/reaction of all the weapons on the game. It does just as much damage as Fox minus the special cutting ability yet that does not matter against Bosses.

Oh really!

Will have to test this out!

Just do a quick swap before the Boss Fights!

Yeah true man! Know the feeling :lol Well at least you got him :D

I still Youtube the IGN S Rank Videos and they make it look so easy... Like What?!

Ah gee, VR Missions! I still gotta get to that.

Will have to give it ago, just that I keep replaying the chapters cause it's fun!

Oh really!

Will have to test this out!

Just do a quick swap before the Boss Fights!

Best combo is Murasama and the Pincer blade.

yeaa ! I noticed. I kicked monsoon *** with the murasama blade.
it's so sick !!

Best combo is Murasama and the Pincer blade.

That's a good mixture or Speed and Strength!

Pincer Blades are a tad slow for my liking but the attacks are absolutely crushing!

If you want to weaken cyborg armor without Fox Blade, it's the weapon to use.

I use Fox Blade and Pole Arm.

I took Crowinghorse's advice and used clear nail polish on the hip peg sword sheath arm for Raiden and it worked like a charm. With one coat it doesn't fall flat anymore. I swear even with a little fiddling with that socket it gets immediately worn down.

Just put a light coat in and leave it in for a hour or more (I left it in over night) and apply more as needed. I think I'm going to do that with all my PAK's that have a open area joint that can be brushed on.

Glad it worked.

Clear nail polish on loose joints is a miracle worker for figures of all sizes. :D

Definitely is my new go-to joint tightener. Super glue is too hard to work with and if you keep applying it you get that white crust residue. :slap

I think I might use nail polish on my few Gundam kits since I have one in particular that utterly refuses to stand up since it has very loose knee joints.

Welldone! :)

What difficulty level you playing on?

What Blade you using?

started on normal since i heard this game was hard. I thought it was a great balance, i totaly want more, id love it to be on Fox engine next time... actually next gen is round the corner so it doesn't matter

glad you liked it.
addicting game.

Only very few games out there make me wanna replay them. Usually Metal Gears, im glad this one follows suit! Im very tempted to try and at least A every level, that never happens with me!

Im soo glad this game turned out amazing, when i saw the first trailer since Platinum took over it looked really bad.

started on normal since i heard this game was hard. I thought it was a great balance, i totaly want more, id love it to be on Fox engine next time... actually next gen is round the corner so it doesn't matter

Only very few games out there make me wanna replay them. Usually Metal Gears, im glad this one follows suit! Im very tempted to try and at least A every level, that never happens with me!

Im soo glad this game turned out amazing, when i saw the first trailer since Platinum took over it looked really bad.

I was a hater in the beginning, but the story seems so unreal to be canon that it can be easily ignored from the canon series.

Even still it's a blast and they did a fantastic job and the soundtrack rocks.

Wait until you play it on Revengeance mode, you will pull your hair out :lol

Just got Raiden yesterday. I opted for collectors grade from BBTS, so I'm just going to keep it sealed and not open it :lol.

Back