Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome, I'll definitely be adding both figures to my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Power Ranger Collection, what collection do you think?

such a wasteman figure size, and way over priced. Looks OK i guess if you want pointless matchstick figures :dunno

Even the revoltechs were garbage for what they cost really, no likeness and it seems the only redeeming factor was they were super articulated. You can say PAK are overpriced all you want but paying £40 for articulation only? i'd give PAK my money every time. At least PAK you can make a nice display with.

PAK have been pretty lackluster with the MGS releases this year, hopefully they aren't slowing down and considering down scaling the amount they release

I'd like to know how well the DC figures sell as they seem to be favoring that line and pushing quite a few of those out this year

such a wasteman figure size, and way over priced. Looks OK i guess if you want pointless matchstick figures :dunno

Even the revoltechs were garbage for what they cost really, no likeness and it seems the only redeeming factor was they were super articulated. You can say PAK are overpriced all you want but paying £40 for articulation only? i'd give PAK my money every time. At least PAK you can make a nice display with.

PAK have been pretty lackluster with the MGS releases this year, hopefully they aren't slowing down and considering down scaling the amount they release

I'd like to know how well the DC figures sell as they seem to be favoring that line and pushing quite a few of those out this year

I have the PW Big Boss Revo figure, but I don't feel like following the line any further. The scale is too small, and the art direction is extremely odd. The mini-revos don't even fit in with anything, for that matter. No idea why Kaiyodo felt that such a small scale would be popular in the first place.

I have the PW Big Boss Revo figure, but I don't feel like following the line any further. The scale is too small, and the art direction is extremely odd. The mini-revos don't even fit in with anything, for that matter. No idea why Kaiyodo felt that such a small scale would be popular in the first place.

Cheaper figures are definitely hot cakes since MGS fans are getting younger and I doubt they could afford a PAK or HT. They're probably catering to surefire merchandising ideas and it shows- I've seen tons of Youtubers with a cheaper, mass produced Big Boss figures on their desks or gaming setups as a way to commemorate their love for the series. Comments on such videos include:

"Oh, a Snake figurine! Where can I get one?"
"Is that Snake on your shelf? You collect toys? lol."

I guess you all started your collection with Hot Toys, SSC and Enterbay... :lol

I don't like the scale = It's pointless to make a figure in that scale.

Besides, I don't think you can call a $40 4" figure "cheap".

[/B]

Cheaper figures are definitely hot cakes since MGS fans are getting younger and I doubt they could afford a PAK or HT. They're probably catering to surefire merchandising ideas and it shows- I've seen tons of Youtubers with a cheaper, mass produced Big Boss figures on their desks or gaming setups as a way to commemorate their love for the series. Comments on such videos include:

"Oh, a Snake figurine! Where can I get one?"
"Is that Snake on your shelf? You collect toys? lol."

But, the Mini-Revos aren't necessarily cheap, either :lol. Your only chances of acquiring them is to buy from Japan, and pay whatever shipping fees are associated with it. So, all in all, you're probably looking at $30 or $40 per figure, in total.

I think kids had a better time with collecting in 90s (when money used to go further). The McFarlane figures were $10 a pop, and the 12 inch Konami dolls were $20 each. And you could pick them up from any, run-of-the-mill department store in the U.S. What the heck happened to those days...?

I guess you all started your collection with Hot Toys, SSC and Enterbay... :lol

I don't like the scale = It's pointless to make a figure in that scale.

Besides, I don't think you can call a $40 4" figure "cheap".

I wish! I could barely afford this month's cable bill. Got any change, Gaspar? :monkey3

I dont like the scale but theyll go perfect on my desk. I got two snakes so i could have a desk and a car figure. Im hanging snake from my mirror on a rope smoking his cig. Punished snake looks pretty nice too. I just want to see one in hand so i can see how small they really are, what are they the size of a gi joe?

I dont like the scale but theyll go perfect on my desk. I got two snakes so i could have a desk and a car figure. Im hanging snake from my mirror on a rope smoking his cig. Punished snake looks pretty nice too. I just want to see one in hand so i can see how small they really are, what are they the size of a gi joe?

Pretty much, a bit bigger I think.

Shouldn't look too off against Joes, Marvel Universe, StarWars etc etc.

I love small scales, they're too fun to pose and play with, I don't have many of those, the smallest scale I collect are 6", but I do have a couple revos that are 5", some microman, and all my vintage Kenner/Hasbro figures, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, JLU, AvP etc etc are also 5" and they're still freaking awesome.

I had the Mcfarlane collection when I was younger but I sold it cause I went through a phase of being popular and raving and that dumb ****, so not many games nor toys, stupidest decision ever, so this is the perfect chance to start a new MGS collection, I only have the PAK Cyborg, PW Jungle Fatigues Snake and the Mcfarlane Mantis (which is still pretty darn badass).

Also had the medicom collection, but I don't like statues anymore so I sold them to buy some 3A's Legion Panda :yess: that I don't regret.

Say Pturtle, it would be nice to see a snapshot of you MGS collection, regardless of how big it is.

I only own the two hot toys figures, all my PAKs I sold off because they didn't fit in with my higher end collectibles, I believe FSLAR actually linked my Amazon page here not too long while I was selling off my used figures. I own all the games except for the HD collection, which I sold off as well, and one MGS2 poster. Nothing too extravagant. Oh, and I have HT Raiden, and Revo Solid on preorder.

Do you actually want a picture of the two HT figures most of own here?

Last edited:
I love small scales, they're too fun to pose and play with, I don't have many of those, the smallest scale I collect are 6", but I do have a couple revos that are 5", some microman, and all my vintage Kenner/Hasbro figures, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, JLU, AvP etc etc are also 5" and they're still freaking awesome.

I had the Mcfarlane collection when I was younger but I sold it cause I went through a phase of being popular and raving and that dumb ****, so not many games nor toys, stupidest decision ever, so this is the perfect chance to start a new MGS collection, I only have the PAK Cyborg, PW Jungle Fatigues Snake and the Mcfarlane Mantis (which is still pretty darn badass).

Also had the medicom collection, but I don't like statues anymore so I sold them to buy some 3A's Legion Panda :yess: that I don't regret.

This is pretty much why prefer these over PAK’s, I don’t have to have them anywhere near my real collection, and they’ll still give me that tingly feeling when I look at them in their awesome poses, wherever I end up putting them. In fact, I might have them posed around my PS4.

They kind of remind of the DBZ S.H. line, they still have shelf presence even though they are a smaller scale.

Last edited:
Ill agree with people that it's strange they changed the size of the Revoltechs but it doesn’t bother me much. To me it will look cool to have the larger play arts figures in the back and have the mini revotechs in front, like I did on my Rising self I showed pictures of, to me it make the shelf look fuller and it’s cool to see the differences between the company’s figures

I don't think they cancelled the regular revoltech line. Maybe just giving the revolmini room to breath.
There's the TMNT still to come out

Back