Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started with mcfarlene actually mate back when they were the first ever MGS figures made. I still have all my old figures from back then when i was a kid, as well as them all carded - MGS2 too.

When did you start? Would like to see a picture of you're collection too.

It is a pointless scale to make for $40...... they are 4 inches. Nobody said they were cheap.

I guess you all started your collection with Hot Toys, SSC and Enterbay... :lol

I don't like the scale = It's pointless to make a figure in that scale.

Besides, I don't think you can call a $40 4" figure "cheap".

Last edited:
Most of the dudes on SSF who are old enough to remember the 90s started off with McFarlane. They're the first company that pioneered realistic movie and video game figures. I still have my entire MGS 2 figure set, and Snake and Meryl from MGS 1. I'll never part with those.

Got started with these 4 myself, god knows what I did with them

8394107608_db6d658bc6_z.jpg

8392898377_74f3003564_z.jpg

You mean the build-a-RAY from the McFarlane MGS 2 set? My figures are still carded, but I could see the paint scuffs on RAY's right leg through the plastic clam shell :lol. The production quality wasn't very high, but these were the creme de la creme of figures for the time.

The joints on mine suck ass, and the flippers always fall out of the socket. I had to re-glue the leg under the knee back in since it fell off, and one time I put a flipper into the shoulder, the swivel joint shredded in half.

I hated the misleading photography of the McFarlane MGS2 figures, the final products don't even come close to the proto pics. Snake looked badass in the proto. :lol

Solidus was the only MGS 2 McFarlane figure that was accurate to the proto pics. Oddly enough, he's also arguably the best PAK MGS figure released thus far :lol.

Wow :slap. And to think, I never even had the chance to build mine.

Not even worth it, just buy the Koto RAY :lol

I hated the misleading photography of the McFarlane MGS2 figures, the final products don't even come close to the proto pics. Snake looked badass in the proto. :lol

Meth, not even once.

NPiVd59.jpg

D5YXGok.jpg

Solidus was the only MGS 2 McFarlane figure that was accurate to the proto pics. Oddly enough, he's also arguably the best PAK MGS figure released thus far :lol.

Correct on both counts.

I think we're all still in for MGS 2 Snake (albeit the issues that we discussed in private) :lol.

And he's also a pretty rad forum member :monkey3.

No he's not. What kind of man admits to "haven't seen Ghostbusters since I was 10"? How could you not watch that movie at least once a year? :lol

Oh well, I met this hot chick once who can't stand Back to the Future. The world we live in.

Yeah, can't argue with that :(.

:lol

Oh well, you could probably catch the limited theatrical release in 4K, that will make up for it.

I remember MGS4 being played in theaters in Japan. I'm guessing Kojima is the only person crazy enough to suggest that. :lol

Back