Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smh just happened again. Scrolling through menus, intruder detected at FOB, instantly go to deploy and it says another player is defending. It's like they got the alert before me.

FOB is completely broken. The fact you get invaded offline is utter horse ****. I probably lost my whole crew because I haven't played it in two months.

Well, it's actually kind of balanced. If someone could only invade your fob while you were playing then it'd be nearly impossible for anyone to invade. Take this guy(probably the best fob player) for example, when a defender arrives he usually doesn't even try to reach the core lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFLzT6tt4lc

I usually try to kill them a couple times but it's tough if they have sniper guards. It's definitely easier if you have all the guards killed when they arrive. I took out someone's guards on base development platform and started taking all his materials on the last deck when he arrived. I ran and hid on the pipe, he went down the stairs then I ran to the core before he knew what happened lol. The best part is he forgot to change his security so he had level 1 security with S rank guards.

I like the fact that it takes a while to show on the map so the first 30 seconds or so are pretty tense especially when the intruders on the last deck. I've had someone sneak in right behind me to the core lol damn sneaking suit

I like the fluid CQC and dive function but aside from those, everything else feels samey stealth-wise. The setting definitely doesn't help, especially since a lot of it feels so barren that most of the sneaking ends up with you just going on one side of the map until you reach the destination. Certain missions had some fun moments if you try hard enough, but with very little payoff at the end of each segment and a lot of recycled missions/locations, the whole thing just feels really choppy, unrewarding and repetitive. It wouldn't have felt as bad as it did if the story was actually decent, and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, very little "fruition" as an overall experience is a pretty good way to describe it.
This actually sums up a lot of my thoughts so far. I can't disagree with anything you just said.

You guys are right the environments, repeat missions and travelling are the major flaws. The fob 1v1 is so intense though, if you're an intruder you make one mistake and you're done.

I just had the most thrilling match, I retaliated against someone just now, invading his combat platform. He has 2/4 decks completed(I always go for the easiest ones lol). And he only has a 10 min time limit to reach the core(high number of Fobs, best security) but only using mid-range guards(much easier than snipers). I cleared the first deck easy, stole my materials containers back and his, then clear most of the last deck before he arrives. I stay on the first deck in cover and spot him climbing down to the lower levels and towards the main bridge, so I run out of cover and start shooting stun rounds from afar as he retreats the the right back side of the core tower. I sprint around to the left and go up the stairs racing to the top getting stopped by 2 unexpected mines(new upgrade lets you place up to 4 mines wherever you want) as my hearts thumping, somehow I safely reach the core!

In short, these are the moments I play this game for.

I will say that it seems like they want to sell the mb coins by limiting you to unlock new online weapons/security devices 4 at a time(and taking up to 10 days) and of course having enough to buy another FOB to be able to get higher levels. I find it kind of addicting but I did only buy to unlock another FOB lol. I guess that's how most of games are nowadays though, sadly.

10155736_985176238195976_5643984024581142627_n.jpg

I bought the game at full price, ill be damned if im gonna spend more on mb coins. Id oly pay for a well put together dlc and thats it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

So I was trying to a Side Ops...and I went through from Mission 8 to Mission 11 with Quiet

how the hell does that happen? :lol

Played some MGSV today, I'm on the mission where you have to find the child soldiers who escaped Motherbase. And I can't bring myself to play. I think The game has gone on too long and with too little story motivation to hold my interest. This has never happened with a MetalGear before, I'm quite sad about that.

So I was trying to a Side Ops...and I went through from Mission 8 to Mission 11 with Quiet

how the hell does that happen? :lol

Yeah I did this too, it's because you went to the area where that mission starts.

Played some MGSV today, I'm on the mission where you have to find the child soldiers who escaped Motherbase. And I can't bring myself to play. I think The game has gone on too long and with too little story motivation to hold my interest. This has never happened with a MetalGear before, I'm quite sad about that.

Yeah, I've played a lot and still haven't finished the campaign. I'm at the point where you do repeat missions at total stealth or extreme difficulty. I might grind through it sometime so I can get a nuke and see how long I can hold on to it lol. There's going to be an update where there's Skulls on FOB's, could be interesting.

I thought for a second that he had stealth camo on just based on how the cutscene went but after a few seconds, I knew the game bugged out :lol

I had something similar in GTA V when I switched to Trevor once, he was masturbating and his clothes glitched off as did his trailer. Though that was since my PS4 was updating I think :lol

I defend someone's FOB I'm supporting, mess with this guy a little, stun grenade then fulton him. He says I play like a p**** and asked why I'm defending a "slang word for Japanese" FOB, then I just troll him a little messaging lol. He invades my base and I take him out again easily(actually my guards killed him). I invade his FOB and he arrives after I clear out the first deck. Man this guy must hate me lol. I think I killed him like 6 or 7 times before time ran out while also taking out most of his guards at the same time. He keeps saying I use "one shot kill" weapons and that's the only way I can win haha. I really wish I could've got rid of all his guards and got to the core, those combat alerts though.

Definitely the best 1v1 match I've had

Back