Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But didnt Konami bring in the game reviewers to their own office, give them meals and drinks and give them an earlier build of the game that didnt time and event lock the other main missions and the reviewers all managed to do the game in around 30 hours or so because they were given instructions of what missions were needed? On top of that Kojima is getting pity ratings. Its Heath Ledger syndrome.

And Re6 is the worst main line RE game. But as is MGSV. But with Re6 atleast its like like holy ****, the game is 3 times longer with actual content than expected. And with MGSV its 6 times longer with lack of content than expected.

Yeah, I was just getting people going lol...But I guess it depends on how you look at it. MGSV has solid gameplay with repetitive missions and an empty "open world". RE6 is kind of the opposite I guess. It's like in MGS you're wanting more areas/diverse missions and RE6 you're like when's this crap going to end.

MGSV>RE6

MGS>RE

You mad bro?
Not really :dunno:

Is my avatar and sig combo of the godlyness that is Wesker why we're suddenly comparing RE and MGS?
This thread was terrible from the start.
KonamiMistake.gif

Yeah, I was just getting people going lol...But I guess it depends on how you look at it. MGSV has solid gameplay with repetitive missions and an empty "open world". RE6 is kind of the opposite I guess. It's like in MGS you're wanting more areas/diverse missions and RE6 you're like when's this crap going to end.
Re6 and MGSV could of done with swapping some elements. The RE franchise is very gameplay heavy with minimal story, but Re6 is a complete 180 and goes for big budget movie feel. Then MGSV from the franchise known for such minimal gameplay decides to cut out 70% of its story and give us 60 hours of minimal gameplay ( eventhough it took me around 100 hours to complete everything )

Ah well. The future is right for both franchises now though. Re 2 Remake from Capcom and the next logical Metal Gear would be a Rising 2.

I played some MGO with Ryan last night. It was kind of fun, reminded me a bit of Peace Walker's multiplayer.

Some ass hat also killed a bunch of my soldiers in FOB :pow.

I played some MGO with Ryan last night. It was kind of fun, reminded me a bit of Peace Walker's multiplayer.

Some ass hat also killed a bunch of my soldiers in FOB :pow.

It's good fun, nothing mind blowing but definitely no complaints from me since it's free.

That being said, I just came off Uncharted 4's multiplayer sooo....

Strangely enough, there wasn't a single soul around so Solidus and I had to fight each other the only way we know: Like sissies.

I keep thinking back if I should replay the game but screw it, it's just so bad and unrewarding as an overall experience.

And Re6 is the worst main line RE game. But as is MGSV. But with Re6 atleast its like like holy ****, the game is 3 times longer with actual content than expected. And with MGSV its 6 times longer with lack of content than expected.
The sad part is that I genuinely enjoyed RE6 more than MGSV.

Like.... how in the hell did this happen...

I keep thinking back if I should replay the game but screw it, it's just so bad and unrewarding as an overall experience.

Yikes. That bad? :lol

I dunno about you guys, but I'm scrubbing this out of canon as far as I'm concerned. Clearly something went disastrously wrong in development, regardless of if it's Kojima or Konami are to blame. It's a troubled game with a troubled development that shouldn't exist.

You know I still don't know how we got to RE because of my avatar and some guy trying too hard to be a very **** troll :lol

For me and this game...it has its moments, but I don't really find anything I'm doing to have real fruition. I also don't find the stealth mechanics to be as great as everyone's saying, even the people who really hate on the rest of the game. I think it's the setting, I'm not used to MGS like this. It took slight getting used to with MGS 3's jungle setting but that was maybe a few areas, and beyond that I found it no real different outside of the setting and gameplay evolutions. The fact that I've gotten other games this year that are keeping my attention does not help.

You know I still don't know how we got to RE because of my avatar and some guy trying too hard to be a very **** troll :lol

For me and this game...it has its moments, but I don't really find anything I'm doing to have real fruition. I also don't find the stealth mechanics to be as great as everyone's saying, even the people who really hate on the rest of the game. I think it's the setting, I'm not used to MGS like this. It took slight getting used to with MGS 3's jungle setting but that was maybe a few areas, and beyond that I found it no real different outside of the setting and gameplay evolutions. The fact that I've gotten other games this year that are keeping my attention does not help.

I like the fluid CQC and dive function but aside from those, everything else feels samey stealth-wise. The setting definitely doesn't help, especially since a lot of it feels so barren that most of the sneaking ends up with you just going on one side of the map until you reach the destination. Certain missions had some fun moments if you try hard enough, but with very little payoff at the end of each segment and a lot of recycled missions/locations, the whole thing just feels really choppy, unrewarding and repetitive. It wouldn't have felt as bad as it did if the story was actually decent, and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, very little "fruition" as an overall experience is a pretty good way to describe it.

Two things I wish they could change for FOB missions. Let the owner have maybe a 10 second notice first before anyone else(I just had the alert, went immediately to deploy and it said someone was already defending). And the light changing from blue to red on the controller when you have an intruder(so I can watch TV and still defend if I'm not playing atm lol).

Back