Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the HONEST review dyl. Ill probably just buy it to collect it and reverse the cover in my cabinet. Definitely not in a rush unless the cover is for a limited time.

Thanks for the HONEST review dyl. Ill probably just buy it to collect it and reverse the cover in my cabinet. Definitely not in a rush unless the cover is for a limited time.

Well the version I got does say something about it being a limited copy but its kind of like how the Crysis games have limited editions that are the only editions you can ever find so I feel the reverse art is probably here to stay.

All First Missions in MGS i guess had a "Cliffhanger" ending ..

Tanker Mission, it sank and we thought snake died

virtuous mission, The Boss turns her back and a nuke been launched .. etc in other MGS games

virtuous mission, The Boss turns her back and a nuke been launched .. etc in other MGS games

Yeah but you didn't have to buy those separate. Either way thats pretty much exactly what this game is. It has just about the same replay value as the Tanker mission with the dog tags and Easter eggs.

Yeah its part of MGS, I love it :lol

Are you more excited about TPP now? I think I'll get this game later this week, the knife can't be equipped like the other weapons right?

Last edited:
I have a total of 6 hours played, and I’m only 31% finished with the game. The Dejavu mission was really great.

There are a bunch of tapes, patches, weapons, Kojima humor, and other collectibles that can be around Camp Omega.

Gameplay is the best in the series, but I did miss the knocking on walls, and hiding/putting bodies in lockers.

The side missions are all extremely different, and give us a glimpse of all the various missions that will be in TPP

I think Kiefer Sutherland brought life back into a character that felt like a robot at times, I just couldn’t see Hayter pulling his monotone, over the top voice off for this game, it just wouldn’t fit the series’ new tone. Kiefer really shines in the mission briefing tapes, he doesn’t talk much the campaign like Dylan said. the best way for me to describe his performance, would be Kiefer Sutherland with a more gravely voice, which fits Big Boss perfectly in my opinion.

The rest of the voice actors are surprisingly great as well. Chico and Paz do a far better job in GZ than in PW.

The cutscenes are short, but give you all the information you need to know while keeping the drama and tension.

Theres a variety of ways to tackle missions, and you can also pick which mission you want to do first. This causes different cutscenes and conversations to play out.

The A.I. is the best in the series. The guards work great together, and they can spot you from really far. The Cqc is incredible, I know it will be more expanded on in TPP, which makes me even more excited.

If I had to rate the game, I would give it a 9/10. The Dejavu mission really bumped it up, and was my favorite side mission.

I’m loving the direction the Metal Gear Solid series is going in, it feels a lot more different, than the past games in the series, but I’m glad the series is growing up with me. This game doesn’t have all that cheesy weird things from MGS4 and PW. The tone is very serious. I don’t expect this game will win over the people who already had problems with it, but I don’t think anyone can say this is a bad game or direction for the series, probably just not one they care for.

Kojima didn’t tippy toe around making this a series dark game, that shows the consequences of war.

Kojima/Konami were smart in releasing GZ. The wait for TPP will be rough, especially after completing Ground Zeroes.

Last edited:
no the knife can't be equiped .. it's used only for interrogation then it's your choice wether you'll knock the enemy out or slit the throat of the enemy

I have a total of 6 hours played, and I’m only 31% finished with the game. The Dejavu mission was really great.

There are a bunch of tapes, patches, weapons, Kojima humor, and other collectibles that can be around Camp Omega.

Gameplay is the best in the series, but I did miss the knocking on walls, and hiding/putting bodies in lockers.

The side missions are all extremely different, and give us a glimpse of all the various missions that will be in TPP

I think Kiefer Sutherland brought life back into a character that felt like a robot at times, I just couldn’t see Hayter pulling his monotone, over the top voice off for this game, it just wouldn’t fit the series’ new tone. Kiefer really shines in the mission briefing tapes, he doesn’t talk much the campaign like Dylan said. My best way to describe his performance,would be Kiefer Sutherland with a more gravely voice, which fits Big Boss perfectly in my opinion.

The rest of the voice actors are surprisingly great as well. Chico and Paz do a far better job in GZ than in PW.

The cutscenes are short, give you all the information you need to know while keeping the drama and tension.

Theres a variety of way to tackle missions, and you can also pick which mission you want to do first. This causes different cutscenes and conversations to play out.

The A.I. is the best in the series. The guards work great together, and they can spot you from really far. The Cqc is incredible, I know it will be more expanded on in TPP.

If I had to rate the game, I would give it a 9/10. The Dejavu mission really bumped it up, and was my favorite side mission.

I’m loving the direction the Metal Gear Solid series is going in, it feels a lot more different, than past games in the series, but I’m glad the series is growing up with me. This game doesn’t have all that cheesy weird things from MGS4 and PW. The tone is very serious. I don’t expect this game will win over the people who already had problems with it, but I don’t think anyone can say this is a bad game or direction for the series, probably just not one they care for.

Kojima/Konami were smart in releasing GZ. The wait for TPP will be rough, especially after completing Ground Zeroes.

yeah it's gonna be rough to wait

so far it's hinting early 2015

1.jpg

I think Kiefer Sutherland brought life back into a character that felt like a robot at times, I just couldn’t see Hayter pulling his monotone, over the top voice off for this game, it just wouldn’t fit the series’ new tone. Kiefer really shines in the mission briefing tapes, he doesn’t talk much the campaign like Dylan said. My best way to describe his performance,would be Kiefer Sutherland with a more gravely voice, which fits Big Boss perfectly in my opinion.

The cutscenes are short, give you all the information you need to know while keeping the drama and tension.

Theres a variety of way to tackle missions, and you can also pick which mission you want to do first. This causes different cutscenes and conversations to play out.

The A.I. is the best in the series. The guards work great together, and they can spot you from really far. The Cqc is incredible, I know it will be more expanded on in TPP.

I’m loving the direction the Metal Gear Solid series is going in, it feels a lot more different, than past games in the series, but I’m glad the series is growing up with me. This game doesn’t have all that cheesy weird things from MGS4 and PW. The tone is very serious. I don’t expect this game will win over the people who already had problems with it, but I don’t think anyone can say this is a bad game or direction for the series, probably just not one they care for.

mmhm.gif

Good enough, I like. I already can't wait for the TPP and see Ocelot again, wow things really changed for me... I used to think Ocelot was a ***** when I started here :lol now he is one of my favourites

BTW how does the Downloadable content work??? I'll play GZ on my 360 but I want to play TPP on a PS4... :dunno

Last edited:
yeah it's gonna be rough to wait

so far it's hinting early 2015

View attachment 99058

Yea, I saw that on mgsforums. Early 2015 release is a decent wait, anything further then next March will be brutal.

mmhm.gif

Good enough, I like. I already can't wait for the TPP and see Ocelot again, wow things really changed for me... I used to think Ocelot was a ***** when I started here :lol now he is one of my favourites

BTW how does the Downloadabla content work??? I’ll play GZ on my 360 but I want to play TPP on a PS4... :dunno

Same here, and a game about torture, I think we will see a seriously twisted side from him. Also the great Troy Baker is voicing him :clap

still at 45% completion... Just finished the dejavu mission.. didnt enjoy it much but its filled with funny WTF moments... complete reenacting all the scenes to have a special "mode" at the ending of the mission...

still at 45% completion... Just finished the dejavu mission.. didnt enjoy it much but its filled with funny WTF moments... complete reenacting all the scenes to have a special "mode" at the ending of the mission...

I think it really hit my nostalgic vein, I kind of felt like I was 8 years old again, playing that mission.

Everyone has a ps3/4 here? I guess I could be the first to play the Jamais Vu mission :lol can't wait

Let us know what you think about it. I won’t spoil anything, but there is a big reason why I think the Playstation exclusive is better.

Same here, and a game about torture, I think we will see a seriously twisted side from him. Also the great Troy Baker is voicing him :clap

I hope so, this Ocelot should be a mix between the Ocelot we know from MGS1 and the Ocelot from MGS3. Troy Baker in one of my favourite voice actors :clap

Let us know what you think about it. I won’t spoil anything, but there is a big reason why I think the Playstation exclusive is better.

Really? tell me why, or maybe I should wait and watch that mission on youtube...

Back