Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys playing n PS4, could you confirm if you can transfer your own music to the game?

Heres a summary of the Kojima Interview:

https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=13215

this i found particularly interesting/frustrating

Will you remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (MSX) using the FOX Engine? And what about Zone of the Enders 3?

A few years ago Kojima tried to create a new Zone of the Enders game, mixing the robot with Lord of the Rings-like adventure elements, and create a game that everyone around the world would be able to enjoy. But it became clear to him people didn’t want this, so the project was postponed for now.
While Kojima would like to remake the games with the changes to the story in mind, they don’t have the manpower to do it right now, so there are currently no plans for these remakes.

where the hell did he get the idea no one wants ZOE3!??

Are you guys playing n PS4, could you confirm if you can transfer your own music to the game?

Heres a summary of the Kojima Interview:

https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=13215

this i found particularly interesting/frustrating

where the hell did he get the idea no one wants ZOE3!??

So, he's not actually planning remakes for MG 1 and 2? Wow, and here I was thinking MGS V would serve as a precursor for those games :slap.

In a sense, ZOE 3 was practically the sacrificial lamb for MGS V. In order to develop MGS V, Kojima decided to pull everyone from the ZOE project to have them focus on MGS, instead. The HD edition didn't sell as well as Konami had hoped. But, in the end, they're the ones to blame for shipping those bug-ridden HD remakes.

There's a lot to be frustrated about, indeed. But, in any case, thanks for posting the full transcript of the interview :duff.

Finished this a few days ago ( dont ask ) and its ok i guess. Its really nothing special at all. Alot of people are going on about the ending, and yeah its a bit " oh em gee ".
But only if you played Peace Walker. Other wise it looses all impact. And people wanting to fast forward in to the future and are hoping for some surprise twist where we are playing Metal Gear Remade... Chill. Its not happening. Theres enough great stories to be told prior to getting to play as Solid again.
Id give it 5/10, and the score is only as high because of the ending. Obviously nobody could give it any higher because you can speed run it in the time it takes to run a bath.

Well, that sounds like what I've been hearing about this game all along. How long did it take you to complete it? It doesn't sound like there's much going for it, in terms of story, other than the ending.

Well if its free thats different, but it would only pertain to me. So wouldnt rank it. Ive been alpha testing something recently, and beta testing it in the last month (not MGS) and the sessions for it were longer than it took me to complete ground zeroes. Dont get me wrong its fun, but if anything id say buy it upon release, use a few days to exhaust it of its playability and then sell it on ebay. Wait until it comes crashing down in price and re-buy it to put on your shelves as something you play close to Phantom pain release

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for a price drop. The length of this just doesn't seem justifiable at full price, and GZ sounds more along the lines of a DLC from what you mentioned.

MGR's DLC was very meh, only played them once.

I downloaded the MGR DLCs, but I still have yet to actually completely them. The controls for Sam were a pain in the butt. I left it off after ten minutes, and went back to playing regular MGR.

wow.. you know i kinda liked what they did for GZ.. at first i was doubtfull.. i missed the lifebar and stuff but i think having it removed made me play it more cautiously.. i also finf enemy AI is smarter than the previous ones in normal mode. unlike before (I think)you can get detected hiding under a crate.. i was just taking a scan of the guy then boom! he spotted me like a peeping tom under that crate.. snaked ipod 'idroid' was ok but you guys were right.. it's kinda out of place for it's time :lol i barely use it tough... only thing i remember using it is for extractions. You can also play music or conversations on the go but i find it risky as you wont be hearing anything around you like if there's a patrolling vehicle coming by...

The thing i mostly enjoyed here is that it made me play through without being too much dependent on a map...you can enjoy it more now cause youll be paying more attention on the actual surroundings instead of a mini map (I dunno cause thats how i used to play mgs games before :lol )
I also find escaping alert mode is easier but the duration of status modes (Alert,evasion,caution mode w/c can be only identifiable with the guard radio conversations) is longer but hey! i just finished it in normal mode ill try it in hard to compare

That idroid sounds annoying - Solid Snake didn't even have such advanced tech in MGS 4 :lol. Great news on the improved AI, though. The one thing that I've always hated about MGS games, was how short-sighted the enemies were; you could literally walk in-front of them and they won't even notice you.

Last edited:
Playing on ps4.

Mazukou have you tried playing without the slowmo and tagging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, he's not actually planning remakes for MG 1 and 2? Wow, and here I was thinking MGS V would serve as a precursor for those games :slap.

This sucks, I was thinking/hoping for the same. "While Kojima would like to remake the games with the changes to the story in mind, they don’t have the manpower to do it right now, so there are currently no plans for these remakes." I guess that's better than saying they will NEVER be remade, but who knows. :dunno

I'm still looking forward to playing GZ, but the more that surfaces the less I'm excited about it.

Pipe dream: MG remake, MG2 remake and a MGS remake and call it done. Some may not think a MGS remake is necessary, and it might not be, but who wouldn't enjoy reliving all those moments with today's graphical capabilities assuming they got the same voice actors *cough* Hayter *cough* and didn't change anything story wise?

In a sense, ZOE 3 was practically the sacrificial lamb for MGS V. In order to develop MGS V, Kojima decided to pull everyone from the ZOE project to have them focus on MGS, instead. The HD edition didn't sell as well as Konami had hoped. But, in the end, they're the ones to blame for shipping those bug-ridden HD remakes.

There's a lot to be frustrated about, indeed. But, in any case, thanks for posting the full transcript of the interview :duff.

Why am I not surprised?

My.... These casset tapes you find troughout the games contains dark scenarios... Cant wait for you guys to play it too! Its basically recordings of chico during his imprisonment...

Got this to kill time until Tuesday.
Hell, I might not get GZ as to how great this game is!!!
yry8u9a5.jpg

yry8u9a5.jpg

Nice! Safe bet to pre-order, then? Normally I wait until the reviews hit, but if it's great then I don't want to be without it come this weekend.

Just played a Mission in Day Time, and the Guards can spot you from like 40m "in game" and even from Towers ..
I Try hard to make it a sneaking mission but i find myself at times that i go COD on the guards

yry8u9a5.jpg

Crap! That's a game I won't be able to get until Friday.

Just played a Mission in Day Time, and the Guards can spot you from like 40m "in game" and even from Towers ..
I Try hard to make it a sneaking mission but i find myself at times that i go COD on the guards

Same here, the cqc is great in the game also. Have you collected all the xof patches?

This sucks, I was thinking/hoping for the same. "While Kojima would like to remake the games with the changes to the story in mind, they don’t have the manpower to do it right now, so there are currently no plans for these remakes." I guess that's better than saying they will NEVER be remade, but who knows. :dunno

I'm still looking forward to playing GZ, but the more that surfaces the less I'm excited about it.

Pipe dream: MG remake, MG2 remake and a MGS remake and call it done. Some may not think a MGS remake is necessary, and it might not be, but who wouldn't enjoy reliving all those moments with today's graphical capabilities assuming they got the same voice actors *cough* Hayter *cough* and didn't change anything story wise?

Yeah, it would have been more reassuring, if there was actually some foresight behind MGS V that would lead to remakes of MG 1 and 2. I've wanted this series end on a high-note, and I was hoping that MGS V would serve as the perfect catalyst for that. But, the series just seems to be completely lacking in any sort of direction. I have to wonder, if there's any other purpose for continuing the series blindly like this, other than to fill some pay checks at Konami.

I completely agree, by the way; remakes of MG 1 and 2, and possibly MGS 1 - if, and only if, they can stick to the original script and have David Hayter reprise his role.

Back