MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think every sculptor has hits and misses. Yulli is fantastic with Heath Ledger, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Stallone, but couldn't get Bale right. Kojun's Connor and Wolverine portraits are very close but not as immediately recognizable as Aldo and Barney. I think this is good reason to have numerous sculptors on hand, with each having strengths, you should be able to get one really good one out of someone. I'm not let down by Kojun's work on this Stallone, but I'm surprised Yulli didn't do it simply because of doing 2 Rambos and the updated Rocky, she had Stallone down in 1/6 and it seems like they stick with her when she's got something working, like doing Dutch and then the T-800.

This is all true. Just think of all the positive reinforcement they can share within the team. Paint has been very solid in JC so HT's did the right move by solidifying their variety of talent. Although i've always found Kojun talented i'm convinced he's improved with HT's. It's just so impressive to see that they have more than one sculpter that can nail Sly's likeness. Very promising. Although wishful thinking i'm super confident we should see more Rocky and Rambo.

:lol Getting two. Need a second head and body for the second costume. Can't not do!

Hopefully the statham figure comes with his 2nd costume, too. If he does, I will buy 2 of him, so i'll end up with him and Sly in both their costumes on the shelf.

I'm doubling up on these bad boys!

The one thing I have realised is sly is missing is a baseball cap for the civvy clothes.

I'm absolutely blown away by this figure, I think it may be the stand out in my collection. Headsculpt is just unreal. The best headsculpt i've come across in my short time collecting.

So I'm not the only one. This guy looks worth doubling up on to me too. The headsculpt and body are great, respectfully disagree with the guys saying the joints ruin it (its these or nothing, then you've got a statue), and the clothing options are too cool. I dunno, I think the civilian gear looks very nice. I suppose the jeans could do with more wear but that may yet come.

I'm thinking full battle gear with cap on head & machine gun and civvie clothes with no headgear and using the handguns like in these proto pics.

Dont know if these were posted but...

These are from JC's blog.

p1000792_tiger231.jpg

p1000793_tiger231.jpg

p1000794_tiger231.jpg

p1000798_tiger231.jpg

Incredible figure. The head is amazing. Go Kojun :rock

Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the articulated muscle body. :yess:

This figure looks awesome! Still haven't seen the movie yet, but the body and likeness are incredible.

Man this fig is soooo awesome ..but i don't think i would get it ..if they release a new Rambo i couldn't have two Stallone's in my collection, i have two Christian bales ,batman and john conner ..but i can let that one slide due two one of them being masked.
That said i will probably try and get all the different versions of Arnie as the t800.

Back