MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be that they are making some last minute revisions... maybe add the knife, make the denim pants look a bit more realistic, stuff like that. Could be that the bodies take longer to make because of the tattoos which have to be painted on them...

I'm sure we'll see him soon though... I'm guessing early January.

yeah I also forgot the film comes out on DVD in February so maybe they are waiting to coincide with that

if it was announced before then why is this shipping after Terminator?

Could be that the bodies take longer to make because of the tattoos

To answer you quiggle, announcement order is not indicative of release order, things ship as they can be completed, figures that are more complex in any way from others will take longer. With these figures being hand painted, the tattoo work on Barney definitely will factor into speed of production and make it come out later than something simple like the T-800 which is a standard paint job for HT. The tats will require more precision and skill to consistently paint on thousands of figures and will go slower than painting faces and bodies, which are mostly asymetric, organic areas that don't require the same attention.

To answer you quiggle, announcement order is not indicative of release order, things ship as they can be completed, figures that are more complex in any way from others will take longer. With these figures being hand painted, the tattoo work on Barney definitely will factor into speed of production and make it come out later than something simple like the T-800 which is a standard paint job for HT. The tats will require more precision and skill to consistently paint on thousands of figures and will go slower than painting faces and bodies, which are mostly asymetric, organic areas that don't require the same attention.

I disagree.

sorry about that, I thought I read somewhere the directors cut was coming out early next year but it looks like it will be when the second film comes out.

This will be released sometime in January or February IMO. Falconer Predator, Dlx Bruce Lee, Demon Batman and Scarecrow should arrive before Barney Ross.

However, we were totally surprised by T1 Terminator's release so anything is possible. I am not getting any of the other figs mentioned so Barney can hit anytime and I'll be happy.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol WTF are you talking about?! The tats aren't hand painted. If anything, they have more in common with water-transferred decals/tattoos. Did you buy Wiplash? If you did, you'd have a better idea of what you're talking about. I don't think you did, because you don't. :huh

I'll ask again can someone here help me with Get Carter custom what body will I need that will be compatible with the Barney Ross head and where can I get a suit for 1/6 that will be good for his body size thank!!

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol WTF are you talking about?! The tats aren't hand painted. If anything, they have more in common with water-transferred decals/tattoos. Did you buy Wiplash? If you did, you'd have a better idea of what you're talking about. I don't think you did, because you don't. :huh

OH SNAP! OWNAGE!

:lol

Exactly, same with the eyes..they are just a stencil/decal applied by hand as well on all Hot Toys figures.

I'm watching F.I.S.T. for the first time now do you think they will make a figure for him?

And if they were hand painted, could you imagine how long we'd have to wait? Forget four months it would take four years:rotfl

It's safe to say that Hottoys are using some kind of stencil, for tattoos, eyes, or even Berserker pattern for example..

If they had to do all this things by hand.. then, the figures never came to us..:rotfl and would be a lot more expensive and more limited (in terms of quantity).. that's for sure :lecture

Last edited:
I'll ask again can someone here help me with Get Carter custom what body will I need that will be compatible with the Barney Ross head and where can I get a suit for 1/6 that will be good for his body size thank!!

I'm watching F.I.S.T. for the first time now do you think they will make a figure for him?

You're not playing with a full deck are you?

Back