MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but good movie!

what happened to his wife in the end and kids, the movie left a lot not answered

okay so back to Get Carter, I am thinking of buying the Harvey Dent Two Face hot Toys since the suit and body kind of look similar

my only question is I noticed the head of Two Face has the neck and Barney Ross looks like the head comes off with the neck part of the body, does this make it not compatible or can I buy a True Type for the neck joint?

You could get a TT body, they have a neck post for heads that don't have necks sculpted to them, but for appearances, I'd just keep the head on the Barney body, unless you're looking to just get a spare Barney head, it'll look better.

thanks MaulFan, I was thinking of taking the Barney head off and putting it on Harvey Dent's body so I don't have to hassle taking the suit off and making a mess. do you think it would be better to put the suit on Barney Ross figure instead?

thanks MaulFan, I was thinking of taking the Barney head off and putting it on Harvey Dent's body so I don't have to hassle taking the suit off and making a mess. do you think it would be better to put the suit on Barney Ross figure instead?

do I have to purchase the entire true Type body or can I just get one of these on Ebay

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-S...529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41553f4ad9

You can just use one of those neck pieces if you already have a body.

The reason I suggest using the Barney body is that the Barney head is goign to look very relistic and if enough of that neck shows, it could look really cheap to have a realisitc head run into a smooth, shiny plastic neck. Those necks really hurt Hot Toys figures for a long time because the faces had texture and all and then the necks were soft. They hardly use them now unless the costume will hide the neck, but anything with the neck significantly exposed seems to either have it sculpted with the head or the neck is covered in rubber like the muscle bodies.

that's a good point thanks Maulfan, does it look like the Two Face and Barney Ross are the same bodies since one of my concerns is that the suit on Dent might be too small for the muscle Barney body to wear over.

I dont have any parts now and am looking around, I thought the best would be to get a Dent, then a spare neck joint and put Barney's head would the neck show much though because it would be covered by the collared shirt?

Harvey's suit is fairly loose actually. He came on the broad shoulder TT so I think you'll be able to put his clothes on the Barney body. The Barney has defined muscles but it's not a bulky musculature.

thanks Maulfan, do you know about the shoes do you think they have the same type of pegs for the feets on both figures to swap them that was also another concern I had

Harvey's suit is fairly loose actually. He came on the broad shoulder TT so I think you'll be able to put his clothes on the Barney body. The Barney has defined muscles but it's not a bulky musculature.

Never heard of that TT before. :dunno

theexpendablesbarneyros.jpg

I'd really worry about getting the pants fastened over the waist. It looks a lot like Wiplash's waist which wound up being the widest waste yet. Plus, the biceps and forearms are considerably bigger (T2 bod?) and chest and back are broader, so the shirt might not even close correctly, if at all. And if the shirt winds up being a pain in the ass, the jacket will be even worse.

He just means the non-narrow shoulder TT, which had, well, broad shoulders :lol

OH, you mean the regular TT. :wink1:

That said, while the shoulders were definitely broad on the regular TrueTypes, they were actually quite slender everywhere else and nowhere near as massive as the body pictured above.

I think the narrow shoulder is the new standard TT though.

Then why do they call it a Narrow Shouldered TrueType? :huh:lol

It appears that some mods need a crash course in HotToys bodies, their names and the sizes of the bodies. Newbs look to you guys, being mods, as being more knowledgeable on collectibles, especially with MaulFan's long dribble posts. The problem is, with these types of posts, you guys are showing there's like almost ZERO knowledge here, and at least in MF's case, fronting expertise. :(:lol

Doesn't Wookster have a thread around here somewhere that has all this info listed? Maybe he could add comparisons to muscle bods too so you guys could use it for reference?

Last edited:
I think I will have to pass on this, the exposed joints is making me somewhat uncomfortable to display. perhaps in Expendables 2 Barney will wear some suit or long sleeve to cover them.

I think I will have to pass on this, the exposed joints is making me somewhat uncomfortable to display. perhaps in Expendables 2 Barney will wear some suit or long sleeve to cover them.

Given these are action figures, perhaps collecting statues would be better for you? :dunno

"the exposed joints is making me somewhat uncomfortable to display"

Once again you've raised the stupidity bar to a new level:slap

Btw who are you displaying your collection to that you feel uncomfortable? I could understand it if you had Sylvester Stallone, President Obama and Miami Heat over for dinner, but in all honesty it's probably only your pet goldfish and yourself viewing your collection, so what's the big deal:lol

Last edited:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/95SYdjRVCR0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/95SYdjRVCR0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

Back