MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just noticed OMGs photos. Wow, what a headsculpt. With or without sunglasses this is utterly, unquestionably Stallone and I think both looks are equally important.....I'm gonna have to do it..I'm gonna have to get two....:slap

Yup, those Hot Toys guys have come a long way :lol

5.jpg

Barney would be the figure of the year among my collections in 2010. No doubts

IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg

Last edited:
As Stalone being a real boxer, he never was... he trained and took hits like one in order to get into character but he never went into the ring in a grad professional fight. Although there is talk about him going into the boxing HOF because of being such a inspiration to the boxing world. IMO, I don't not agree just because if I was a professional athlete that earn my way/keep into the boxing sport and took my licks it wouldn't be the same as a Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali contribution to the sport and I would feel cheated that Sly got into the HOF and being a HUGE Arnold/Sly fan besides just watching movies, I've read all the training techniques, Arnies BB Enclyclopedia, followed Sly new supplements/line through the bodybuilding industries and meeting Arnold in person at the Olympia being a competing Natural BB myself, Arnold claims to 6'2 all over the books and have green eyes, although he's more like 6'0-6'1 whenever you see him in person, me being 5'9 he's really not that much taller and not someone you need to stare up to look at in the face.

Last edited:
Arnold claims to 6'2 all over the books and have green eyes, although he's more like 6'0-6'1 whenever you see him in person, me being 5'9 he's really not that much taller and not someone you need to stare up to look at in the face.

what an amazing figure... man hot toys is the GOAT.

but what ski is saying is right.. that would be like adding sean austin to the college football hall of fame because of the movie rudy.. and I've also heard/read that arnold is only about 6'1. Me being 5'9 also and my friend being about 6-6'1 theres a difference, but not anything dramatic where i'd have to look up at him. The sly figure scale looks to be spot on with the arnold.

Yup, those Hot Toys guys have come a long way :lol

5.jpg

I think this sculpt is impressive considering how old it is,while First Blood has a terrible sculpt but durable Rubber body.

I want an upgraded Rambo 2 for one reason,the Rubber body,im actually satisfied with the sculpt on this one.

I think this sculpt is impressive considering how old it is,while First Blood has a terrible sculpt but durable Rubber body.

I want an upgraded Rambo 2 for one reason,the Rubber body,im actually satisfied with the sculpt on this one.

It's ok, but at the time it came out, Sideshow was rolling out solid likenesses with their Star Wars line. A good likeness was doable, HT just hadn't acquired the talent yet.

dont know if posted already but does anyone know if they are gonna make more than one guy from this movie? I would love a Jason Statham to go with this.

Doubtful, I could almost see it being pricier just knowing the custom value of the Statham head. There's really no other Stallone character you easily make from Ross, but Statham, you can make any character he's ever played with the Expendables head, and HT probably knows this and might make it cost more because they could probably get it.

Well of course they could get it, especially from me too. :lol There goes my dreaming, I wonder if Yin Yang will come with the Fn F2000, then I could buy a spare one for Barney. And you are right, you can make almost any Statham character using the Christmas sculpt, that means I could make a Death race Statham. :yess:

Well, unless HT's domestic market has a huge Li following, I think the odds of that figure getting made at this point are getting slimmer, the movie's out on DVD and BR, there's a lot of other new HT stuff announced and coming, the interest in this film's figures is going to start to fade, if not already, especially if they only do 3 of the guys, while that might be enough for some, there will be those who feel like it should be everybody and if they don't get them, they'd probably just get Sly because it's Sly and not bother with anyone else, even Christmas.

I have a feeling though, if they do the Li and Statham figures, you probably won't get the guns from the opening scene. Statham would probably be like Sly with the casual and tactical outfits from Valena, and Li would probably be the casual outfit from the fight with Gunner and his Valena tactical gear.

Well that is a bummer, the F2000 was an amazing looking piece of weaponry. I hope they make the remainder of the figures, they would be so kick ass together, and you are right about the outfits that they would come with. Still would be cool to have the opening scene.

It's a bit strange to not give Barney that gun, it's just one more gun, especially when he comes with the glasses from that scene and it's the only time he uses them.

Then again, they didn't realize he should come with a knife and when they gave him a knife, they just recycled Rambo's, so there's a bit of phoning it in going on with this license.

Back