MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1080 Photo Review :panic:

Part 2

c3e0ceda.jpg

a24bc99b.jpg

600a041a.jpg

164fa005.jpg

4cccce3b.jpg

4de197cd.jpg

I'm glad the final tats are hidden by 1/6 t-shirt sleeves now, I was concerned about dealing with them if I do end up converting this guy to a Rambo.

Thanks for the pics OMG, the next few weeks are going to be painful, at least the T-800 will come in between to help get by.

I was wondering, why did they not give Barney the Beretta he used when he and Christmas were scouting Vilena for the first time?

Nice photos OMG, I was looking forward to them all night last night. :lol

There was an article translation mentioning Li and Statham, but, those things are always suspicious, until an official announcement, you can't count on anything. All it means is that at the time of the article, it was in the plan, but that doesn't mean something won't come up and change that plan.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2767841&postcount=319

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2767077&postcount=301

Yeah this. They also reiterated what was in the article on their Facebook page.

Hot Toys Milk coverage on the highly anticipated great-cast action movie The Expendables!

Howard was interviewed on his impression on Stallone and his planning of this project. He revealed that he has planned to launch the collectible figures of Stallone, Jason Statham & Jet Li in the movie!

I was wondering, why did they not give Barney the Beretta he used when he and Christmas were scouting Vilena for the first time?

Well, they probably opted not to because it wasn't his, he takes it off one of Garza's soldiers. I think the only weapons they went with were Christmas' knives, it was just supposed to be a scouting run afterall.

Speaking of handguns though, I love the way Barney's fire like a machine gun, the end fight where he's like kneeling and just taking out soldier after soldier with a pistol, so cool.

Yeah this. They also reiterated what was in the article on their Facebook page.

And it even states, "planned", and he may very well have at the time of that interview, but things could change. It looked like HT planned to make a Rorshach figure too, but it was never released. Someone said they've seen a prototype for a Hot Toys BD T-800 from T2, which also hasn't been released. Until a direct from Hot Toys official announcment of some kind, you can't count on anything from them. They have no issue talking about things they'd like to do and plan to do whether they follow through or not. As annoying as it might seem, I like that Sideshow doesn't talk about anything until it's going to happen, even if not for some time, i can't think of a time they've said we're going to put ___ out and didn't actually do it.

The homersecksual kind! But its OK I just looked under Sarah Connor's vest and I'm straight again.
:lol:lol:lol

This figure is amazing! All paid up now, the wait is going to be hard.

I just really hope they make Statham. If they don't do it i'm going to try my best to get a headsculpt of him, ideally it would be the one I linked to on the toyworld forum as that's a great headsculpt. Although it looks like a 1 off personal piece for the member who sculpted it. :(

A Lee Christmas bash in the tactical gear wouldn't be that hard, he has no joints showing so an advanced TT could be used and the gear is easy to come by. He uses an MP5 PDW on the ship at the beginning and that's easy to find. Could use some items from the sly figure, like the beret, pants and rifle.

Just really hope we see him form HT! I know I would try to get more than 1 of the headsculpt, as you say Maul, the head can be used on any of his characters.

Well, the Statham factor would make a custom Christmas doable. Like the HT head being useful for other Statham customs, a custom Statham head could be easily used for Christmas. Gotta love that he never changes his look. Get a custom head, Barney's gear and find some knives close to what his look like and you're set.

I doubt we will see any Statham or Li in 2011,with all the other crazy popular licenses they just announced,they will stay busy,but not with Expendables.

I said this when Barney was announced,this is the type of movie everybody will love in the theatre,it is a really fun ride but that's it,the interest will fade away quick and if HT really want to make 3 figures from this movie they should take advantage of the Hype and make 2 at the time,first Sly and Statham,then Li and a possible fourth that would be announced right before christmas.
Now,i highly doubt either Statham or Li would sell well at all,it has taken some months now since Barney was announced,and since there is no sign of either of them i doubt they will ever happen,maybe around the time Sly announces Expendables 2,but nothing yet.

At this point, I think Christmas stands a chance still because of the market value beyond the single character. Costume and accessories wouldn't be too complicated, even his Vilena casual clothes are basic.

And since Ross doesn't have all this, Christmas would likely just have his t-shirt only, no hat, camera or blue shirt.

300.stallone.statham.expendables.080709.jpg

At this point, I think Christmas stands a chance still because of the market value beyond the single character. Costume and accessories wouldn't be too complicated, even his Vilena casual clothes are basic.

And since Ross doesn't have all this, Christmas would likely just have his t-shirt only, no hat, camera or blue shirt.

300.stallone.statham.expendables.080709.jpg

It's funny,i have both the blue shirt and the Vest for other customs ive done here so i will mess around with that look too,i don't have the Cap though.

Back