MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny,i have both the blue shirt and the Vest for other customs ive done here so i will mess around with that look too,i don't have the Cap though.

I have a cap and a blue shirt, no vest, but since i'd never permanently display him like that, I'm not going to bother buying a vest for just a few photos, I'll get by without it. I think it would have been funny if Stallone's hat had the logo from his hat in Over the Top, probably copyright issues or whatever to use it, but still, would have been a fun nod to the other movies, but then, there really were no obvious ties to anyone's past films in Expendables.

Forgot to mention, the fabric that use on the hat is going to melt in the future (how soon I dont know). I suggest not to put it on.:panic:

Forgot to mention, the fabric that use on the hat is going to melt in the future (how soon I dont know). I suggest not to put it on.:panic:

Great pics OMG......always a pleasure looking at your pics.
What do you mean the hat is going to melt (Bleed or stain the sculpt)?

ROSS%20031.jpg

That is the s*** right there!

I was planning on not buying this figure! Damn OMG and his amazing pics!! :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking maybe it's more staning the head than the hat breaking down, which I can understand, it looks like a material that might have staining qualities.

I don't plan to use the beret long term, I want my tactical Ross to look like the main fight from the end.

So is his neck/chest rubber like the recent muscle bodies? Would make an excellent replacement body for Hellboy if I could paint it.

So is his neck/chest rubber like the recent muscle bodies? Would make an excellent replacement body for Hellboy if I could paint it.

Yup, this is like the Wolverine, Whiplash and T-800s bodies, someone said the midsection is the Whiplash body.

I'm sure he meant the black dye might eventually bleed into the headsculpt, and it probably will. That black t-shirt might stain the body as well.

I doubt we will see any Statham or Li in 2011,with all the other crazy popular licenses they just announced,they will stay busy,but not with Expendables.

I said this when Barney was announced,this is the type of movie everybody will love in the theatre,it is a really fun ride but that's it,the interest will fade away quick and if HT really want to make 3 figures from this movie they should take advantage of the Hype and make 2 at the time,first Sly and Statham,then Li and a possible fourth that would be announced right before christmas.
Now,i highly doubt either Statham or Li would sell well at all,it has taken some months now since Barney was announced,and since there is no sign of either of them i doubt they will ever happen,maybe around the time Sly announces Expendables 2,but nothing yet.

You've got a point but when you see figures like the blade Abigail Whistler it gives me hope. I mean, where did that come from? It wasn't even from the same movie as the Blade fig, was it?

Who knows what HT is thinking. I personally think a Statham would sell very very well, he is really popular these days, there's been no figures of him, people would buy the head at least for other figures and on top of that, the Barney Ross is a great figure and I imagine most people who have him or will have him would want a Statham to go with him.

Statham stole the show in the film for me, his partnership with Stallone was great, HT would be fools to not make him. FOOLS!

Yup, this is like the Wolverine, Whiplash and T-800s bodies, someone said the midsection is the Whiplash body.

Rubber?I thought this and Wolverine was hard Plastic,not rubber.I haven't bought any action based figures last year so i have no clue.

The fabric had some kind of plastic mix with it, like those Medicom rider figure but alot cheaper. I had bad exp with this kind of fabric before. Just becareful.

Back