MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got to thinking, in all the discussion about a Christmas figure, it struck me to comment that you could bash one with Barney's uniform and it struck me, I'm going to have a spare Barney uniform from my Barney purhcases, I've got a TT body too, so I have most of the parts already, why not make Christmas. If i had to buy all the parts, I'd probably pass as that'd still cost close to HT prices, but this is getting mileage out of my Barney purchase.

what's the difference between the knife that comes with the figure and the one Lee throws through the guy's chest in the end?

what's the difference between the knife that comes with the figure and the one Lee throws through the guy's chest in the end?

https://www.hibbenknives.com/expendables.htm

The one Lee Christmas kills him with in the end is the one he gets from Gunner Jensen,the huge one!The one the figure comes with is the Rambo 3 knife,in other words...Hot Toys added the wrong knife when it's supposed to look like the one Sly actually had in the movie,i own the knife myself so i know.

Would be great to see some pics of that Statham Sculpt when you get it maul! Also, if you are making him in his long sleeve combat look, are you planning on using the spare barney body? Because the head holes are pretty big on those heads and they look a bit funny on TT necks etc. You never know, it may look great on the wider neck of the barney body.

Yeah i can see that,did you find the throwing knives?

I found something really close.

https://cgi.ebay.com/B09-25-1-6-ZCW...s=63&clkid=6233289339875725495#ht_1443wt_1141

Would be great to see some pics of that Statham Sculpt when you get it maul! Also, if you are making him in his long sleeve combat look, are you planning on using the spare barney body? Because the head holes are pretty big on those heads and they look a bit funny on TT necks etc. You never know, it may look great on the wider neck of the barney body.

I will of course have photos of the Statham head. I will not have a spare Barney body though, I'll either have 2 Barney figures using the bodies or a Barney and a custom Rambo. The Christmas figure is going to be built on an old TT I replaced on my Jack Sparrow. I am going with the long sleeve look though.

Yeah what I got is more like Rambo's, of the options though, I like the ones I bought, they have a more triangular look and I think I'll cut the ends off and attach circles like the real ones you linked, then it'll look closer. If Hot Toys ever does do Christmas, I can always by the knives from that.

Fantastic looking figure, i've been looking at it in Ebay.
From the detail on the tattoos to the amazing accessories that Hot Toys have added in generously.

SO, the knife i am getting with this figure is the exact same knife that came with my Rambo III figure?.

Back