MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How loose is it,yeah that does indeed suck,i would be pissed if my barney had faults like that.
Loose when you move it with your fingers. I can't tell if the arm is loose on the shoudler ball joint or the actual joint is loose from the body. It can still hold poses though with the arms away from the body, luckily. Still you expect better! It was a common problem with the T2 T-800, I think!

This is a great figure though. Looks great once you've got him all kitted up. It took me about 2 hours to get it all together :lol

The black vest can look a lot better than i've seen in some pictures if you take the time, on the instructions it tells you how to make the parts where it connects on the shoulders look better by putting them into a flap on the back of the vest, i'd deffo recommend this. Also I took the pants belt off and fed it through the little loops that circle around the bottom of the black vest, this really makes it look a lot neater and pulls it closer to the body.

I think he looks best with the beret on and the goggles round his neck. I've left the beret off though as I don't want it staining the sculpt, i'll give it a few weeks and see if there are any stories of it doing it.

The 2nd outfit is cool, it's definitely tempting to get a 2nd head, body and pair of boots to display both outfits.

Great figure, just a shame it is faulty, took the shine off getting him completely. Bring on Statham!

That's one thing I've noticed in a lot of photos, lack of futzing the shoulder parts of his vest and when you don't, it kinda looks silly.

Yep but it can look really good and accurate in hand, bud! Very nice figure, his pants kind of remind me of Final Battle Connors'

Good to know, cuz it looks great in the proto.

theexpendablesbarneyros.jpg

All the pics are really great and show off this fantastic figure! I cannot wait to have this guy on my shelf, I'm hoping that Statham is not too far behind.:)

I can't wait for my pre-order to arrive!!! :gah:

Found some cool photos in OSW that I wanted to share here (taken by Zhu):

83919d1295717179-expendables-barney-ross-photo-zhu-0007.jpg

83920d1295717179-expendables-barney-ross-photo-zhu-0008.jpg

83921d1295717179-expendables-barney-ross-photo-zhu-0009.jpg

83922d1295717179-expendables-barney-ross-photo-zhu-0010.jpg

:panic::panic:

I love being able to see the photos.... All i see are little symbols and I wont be join OSW soon, so pretty much whoever is a member of OSW can see the photos but those that aren't can't.

Yeah, bro Jayvee! It kicks so much ass! :hi5:

Now, the shots make me want to get a Whiplash nude & HS, to bash up a Tool!!! :slap

@LoneWolf: I also saw this @ OSW. Awesome shots I say! Love the group shot w/ 4 of them all together.

TFS bro Jeff

I've persuaded myself back down to just one of these. I'd love to get two but I just can't. I'll never clear my cc and it could start a bad precedent of me multi-buying outside of the Terminator lines. (edit - actually just remembered it wouldn't be the first time but still)

I have no particular attachment to the film or any one look he had in it so I'll just set him up whatever way I think he looks coolest. Quite possibly shirtless though as I don't want to risk the body staining, and this is assuming I get one thats pristine with no scuff marks or glue marks on the body.

Yeah, bro Jayvee! It kicks so much ass! :hi5:

Now, the shots make me want to get a Whiplash nude & HS, to bash up a Tool!!! :slap

I know haha! But I won't be tempted by this shots & pick up a Whiplash..I won't..must resist hehe! Now I'm really decided to get a Barney Ross figure..dammet!!! :monkey4

I was thinking that, i've got all the parts lined up, the shirt and vest not only the body and head. Just unsure whether to pull the trigger or not! He would look cool with Sly, though!

I am going to start making my own Statham, though. Using headplay's head and Soldier Story CIA SAD ver.2 uniform, barney's boots & beret and some other things.

One thing to note as well with the Barney figure is how good the neck articulation is! It has improved a lot since the T2 arnie and it was really good on that.

Last edited:
Ordered one yesterday from Toys2. I'll receive him alongside Falconer Predator and Sergeant Barnes when Barnes comes into stock. Bit of a wait but I chose that deliberately so as to give me more time to pay existing debt.

Back