MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the knife they used on Barney ain't accurate cause it's a recycle of Rambo III's knife right? How's the real knife (from The Expendables film) looks like? :cuckoo:

This is Barney's knife from Expendables.

ExpTP1.jpg

@MaulFan: Oh now I see. I wonder why HT didn't use this instead of recycling Rambo's knife?? They did get the license of the film right? Darn it! :(

TFS this bro! :wink1:

Yep that's his knife,i own the Real one plus the cheap replica from United Cutlery.

Really? Post some pics of it esp. the REAL one. That a grail! :hi5:

@MaulFan: Oh now I see. I wonder why HT didn't use this instead of recycling Rambo's knife?? They did get the license of the film right? Darn it! :(

Well, Other than going to website of Gil Hibben, the knife maker for Expendables, there's really not much reference for the knife in the movie or press photos, he hardly even used in the movie. The prototype didn't even include a knife at all but fans pointed out that he had one in the movie on Facebook so they cheaped out and threw the Rambo 3 in so he'd come with a knife, even if innaccurrate. I applaud them trying to be nice, but the lack of effort's almost not even worth it.

Anyone heard when BBTS is getting this guy in?

Probably soon, I'd imagine their stock might be coming through Sideshow and Sideshow just started shipping to their direct customers.

This is easily one of HT best head sculpts. The Sly likeness is fantastic. I'll be passing, but it's tempting.

Looks like he can hold it quite fine, is this the case? HT hands often are so open for pistol grips that they don't hold knives well, though this hand seems specifically for knives.

It fits perfectly but it's not stuck into the hand and force it out like we normally have to,as it was designed for the Rambo knife and that handle is thicker than this one.but yeah it's a good fit.

Good to know, I've been wondering if i could actually use the knife in his hand or if it'd simply be fore a more accurrate attachment to his back.

The more movie accurate knife i got for Barney:

The knife looks great mate!

Do you see those loose straps on his shoulders? Don't know if you know this or not but you can actually tuck them into a little flap on the vest mate, it makes a hugh difference. Look a the instructions to see how to do it!

Cool shots Entity:)

Thank you, Rock!!! :rock

I really like this particular one Entity, the composition, angle and lighting really speak to me.

5437899761_041a5da5b6_b.jpg

Barring any weather complications, which I don't forsee, tomorrow should finally be the day.

Thanks Maulfan! I find the lighting in this pic really interesting as well. I'm not sure why I got the lighting like this, since I didn't change any settings or whatever. I don't even have a proper camera. I take these pics with my phone :lol

@The Entity: TFS those pics w/ us! One of the early fave for '11 figure of the year together w/ T1 T-800.:lecture Congrats again! :hi5:

Thanks bud!! :rock

The knife looks great mate!

Do you see those loose straps on his shoulders? Don't know if you know this or not but you can actually tuck them into a little flap on the vest mate, it makes a hugh difference. Look a the instructions to see how to do it!

Dude,i had no idea about the instruction manual as those were hidden underneath the stand in the box :lol

And since no one talked about the straps on the vest i assumed this was just the way it is.PLUS,i thought it was pretty obvious where the Knife sheath was supposed to hang,but i was wrong there too :lol

Thanks for the help Platty,good to know :D

No problems buddy! It looks loads better. Your knife looks in a good place as it is though!

Thank you, Rock!!! :rock

Thanks Maulfan! I find the lighting in this pic really interesting as well. I'm not sure why I got the lighting like this, since I didn't change any settings or whatever. I don't even have a proper camera. I take these pics with my phone :lol

Thanks bud!! :rock

Don't underestimate daylight,it makes a huge difference.
You say you take your pics with your Phone,well that pic shows how helpful daylight is :)

Back