1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

As far as the back of the cape, you have to remember that pic isn't a straight on shot. Look at the feet: the figure is standing kinda sidewards so the "S" shield on the back of the cape is skewed i.e. it's bigger on the right side and tapers in going towards the left.

Here's the screen worn cape from the first two Superman movies that sold for $18,000 back in 2010:

31540c.jpg

In this pic (teaser of the upcoming MILK magazine article):

253172_170797302982268_138228759572456_453019_499993_n.jpg

If you squint (lol) and look at the very last pic, you can see that the "S" shield actually covers a large area of the back.

Now that is a much better looking S on the screen used cape compared to the one earlier.
Also in the Milk magazine pic, you can see a picture of movie Clark. I wonder why he is pictured? Hopefully they are telling what's to come. In the past, haven't they revealed some figures in the magazine the same way? :pray:

In the past, haven't they revealed some figures in the magazine the same way?

Yes but you shouldn't read too much into it since they've also simply shown other characters in the movie that HT never made figures of i.e. pictures of John Connor from T2.

31540c.jpg

Wow. That is all jacked up. Just goes to show you screen accurate isn't the way to go.

Glad HT corrected it.

Along the same lines, on the next Vader figure I hope SS gives us a full black mask instead of that stupid "screen accurate" gunmetal and black garbage.

dean-cain-superman.jpg

It is pure Komedy that there are some fools in her that think Cane's suit is better. :lol it looks like some silly $25 Halloween costume.

I am really surprised this hasn't sold out yet. Guessing it's going to be a high quantity amount making resale value not as high.

I am really surprised this hasn't sold out yet. Guessing it's going to be a high quantity amount making resale value not as high.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It's only been on preorder a couple weeks? :monkey1

Yeah but considering the very high interest for this by everyone for niether the EX or normal to be at least hitting the low quantity bar by now, I am very surprised!

Yeah but considering the very high interest for this by everyone for niether the EX or normal to be at least hitting the low quantity bar by now, I am very surprised!

I still think it will be awhile before anything is even close to sold out.
After all, these are $200 12 inch figures that are produced in fairly high numbers.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. With HT, sometimes it's the sleepers that sit around that wind up being worth more than most of the other stuff, down the road.

With HT, that tends to happen with both fan favorite (DX Batman figures, Dutch and Predator) and sleeper (Blade, Mark I) figures.

I can only feel sorry for people young enough to have grown up thinking this is what Superman should look like.

:wave

well said. i dont understand how anyone can think dean cain should be superman! :lol truly tragic if that's your ideal vision for the man of steel.

Just as bad (but not AS bad) are the kids who think Brandon Routh is what Superman should look like. That suit was garbage.

Thanks Devil 666 for the reply post. (hope you don't get arthritis in those knuckles)

I guess the dilema for me now is how many do I pre-order. 1 is a given as it is now - but if they tweak it and get it close to that photoshop pic by Sebastien Columbo then I will want 3.

Do I take a leap of faith on Hot Toys and pre-order 3 or wait and have to pay possibly double?

What has everyone else done?

Need some experience and expert advice.

You need to Pre-order from BBTS. (Big Bad Toy Store). Their is no upfront cost, and their are no cancellation fee's. They get their shipments in last, so you will have plenty of time to decide what you want to do once in hand pics arrive.

I think if you grew up with the Dean Cain Superman it would be a different story to the ones who don't like it. Those of you who grew up with Reeve see him as your true superman. Just all depends on when you saw them and the impact it had. I saw Dean Cain first and love the show and suit. You older guys saw Reeve first more than likely so you have more love for him as Superman. I personally don't have any preference as I've enjoyed all those who've played him. Even though I wasn't born at the time, i still love watching the George Reeves series and Max Fleischer cartoons.

In regards to Cains red underwear, I don't think Reeve's are any better. I personally prefer the more modern/updated look of Routh's "boy shorts" as many call them

That was rather my point. It's inevitable and completely understandable that the Superman you grew up with leaves a mark. Sadly it was your misfortune to grow up with Dean Caine and the worst interpretation of Superman ever.

:)

You need to Pre-order from BBTS. (Big Bad Toy Store). Their is no upfront cost, and their are no cancellation fee's. They get their shipments in last, so you will have plenty of time to decide what you want to do once in hand pics arrive.

:exactly: :lecture That's why I have Indy PO'd with them :)

Back